Just LOL

Guest BigJase88

It's the 60mpg claim that I find unbelievable. Even in standard form mine was getting only just over 50mpg long term...

It's the 60mpg claim that I find unbelievable. Even in standard form mine was getting only just over 50mpg long term...

Ive got a shark stage 1 remap on my fabia, and i can get 60+ regularly. Travelled from Salisbury to Cardiff, and got 60mpg there, and 63 on the way back. That was with 3 people in the car too. So its not totally unbeliveable.

However, as you say, long term is a different matter.

Edited by Dan Almond

Ive got a shark stage 1 remap on my fabia, and i can get 60+ regularly. Travelled from Salisbury to Cardiff, and got 60mpg there, and 63 on the way back. That was with 3 people in the car too. So its not totally unbeliveable.

However, as you say, long term is a different matter.

The on-board computer can't be trusted. Mine's recently reported 70.8mpg after a nearly 100 mile cross-country trip from Shropshire to Gloucester and over 75mpg on local runs of around 15 miles.

60 mpg is very possible, i am rubbish at driving economically but my mapped car used to do 42mpg week in week out calculated using brim to brim method, i once really tried hard to get fuel econamy on a long run and got 61mpg, standard i was in the mid 30's every week, so a mapped car in my expierience is more economical( tho my car only did 2500 miles from new before being mapped so this could explain the better figures after the map)