Superb II Estate TDi Elegance - how many owners on here?

Wardy

Collecting mine in the next week!!

Couldn't wait for the 28 weeks quoted delivery time my the dealer for a new one!

Ex demonstrator with 5k on the clock.

Spec and colour I wanted but with a few extras I woundn't have speced but with the cost saving I can't grumble!

As it was a company purchase and my old car was leased and needs to be returned the delivery time swayed me to the demonstrator!

So next week I will have on my drive a 170cr DSG Elegance in metallic black, ivory interior and luna alloys.

With sunset glass, park assist, heated rear seats, removable towbar, fitted mudflaps front and rear.

Cant wait!!!

Edited by Dave Newport

Sounds good,

I have a silver metallic, with Black leather, Tinted windows B back, Park Assist, MDI, Heated screen, Heated Washer's and Matts :)

What's involved with the "Rough Road Package"? - Does that explain why your elegance has 17" over the 18" Wheels?

Al.

17" is standard, 18" an option. I would not put 18" on any car, the profile is too low for bad road-surfaces. Even 17" is a problem. I ran a Volvo V70 with 225/45-17 for 100,000 miles/3 years and burst ten tyres in potholes, over that time.

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the 140PD and the 140CR -

My order was placed mid May for build week of 30aug - I wonder being that its been so long in actually getting built whether it will be the same engine and whether it will have all the accessories etc that were in the April/May brochures. Its the DSG Elegance 140 in Steel Grey fwiw

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the 140PD and the 140CR -

This link should get you going:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/169780-pumpe-duse-vs-common-rail/

Otherwise have a look on Google:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pumpe+duse+vs+common+rail

Your vehicle should have the CR140 engine as I believe production of vehicles with the PD140 stopped in June with the introduction of model year 2011 specifications.

I wonder being that its been so long in actually getting built whether it will be the same engine and whether it will have all the accessories etc that were in the April/May brochures. Its the DSG Elegance 140 in Steel Grey fwiw

The UK spec Elegance now gets the improved GSM3 bluetooth connectivity supporting the HFP and rSAP profiles so phones such as the iPhone and Android handsets can now connect. However the umbrella seems to have gone.

Best regards

David

The UK spec Elegance now gets the improved GSM3 bluetooth connectivity supporting the HFP and rSAP profiles so phones such as the iPhone and Android handsets can now connect. However the umbrella seems to have gone.

are you sure about the bluetooth update? if so thats great news

I can finally get an iPhone! B)

shame about the brolly........... but i'll survive :giggle:

Edited by booski

Wow...if that IS correct about the iPhone rSap update I will be over the moon and rarely use a brolly - particularly one in such a bizarre location for the driver . I will read all about common rails.... Wonder if my decision to go 140 rather than 170 (car tax reasons) will be wise....My previous 140bhp DSG L&K octy estate was fine anyway! Curious how they will compare!

Thanks! :yes:

Edited by spaceaircon

I can't be 100% sure until my own vehicle arrives but Bagpuss made a fairly extensive post relating to this:

3) All MY11 Superb 2s built from 22nd June 2010 onwards will have a new bluetooth phone module which supports both HFP and rSAP. The iPhone and all Android phones will work fine with this module, as will all existing phones that use rSAP.

This seems reasonable as Skoda UK seemed to go out on a bit of limb speccing the GSM3 connectivity in the first place. The total dependance on rSAP caused understandable backlash from new UK customers, in the meantime Skoda Ireland continued to spec the GSM2 kit which supported the more ubiquitous HFP.

I was going to wait and see before accepting a replacement for my Nokia E51 from my employer. However the protracted wait for my new car has got the better of me and I now have a shiny new HTC Desire Android handset. If the information is duff (which seems unlikely to me) then I'll be forced back to the E51 so I have my fingers crossed.

Maybe somebody who has taken recent delivery of a Superb Elegance can clear this up?

Best regards

David

Thanks cookdn that's excellent news

i think i'll hold off on the iPhone purchase until it's 100% confirmed

(they may have fixed the early glitches with the iPhone 4 by then!)

Thanks cookdn that's excellent news

i think i'll hold off on the iPhone purchase until it's 100% confirmed

(they may have fixed the early glitches with the iPhone 4 by then!)

i have just taken delivery of my Superb Estate and can confirm that the iPhone 4 works a treat. pulls the address book down and sound/reception etc is fantastic

i have just taken delivery of my Superb Estate and can confirm that the iPhone 4 works a treat. pulls the address book down and sound/reception etc is fantastic

Great news, thanks for that.

Yeah - this is great news! I get mine in 3 weeks (hopefully) and I was assuming my iPhone 4 would not work in it, but you've now cheered me up.

Superb :thumbup:

Come on, show yourselves :yes:

My Dad's expressed an interest in one of these, 2WD with either CR140 or 170. Probably with DSG.

Was just after canvassing opinions, ownership happiness etc, but I appreciate there might not be that many around.

Also need to track one down for test-drive, that's not too far away :)

Thanks,

Steve

I can't be 100% sure until my own vehicle arrives but Bagpuss made a fairly extensive post relating to this:

This seems reasonable as Skoda UK seemed to go out on a bit of limb speccing the GSM3 connectivity in the first place. The total dependance on rSAP caused understandable backlash from new UK customers, in the meantime Skoda Ireland continued to spec the GSM2 kit which supported the more ubiquitous HFP.

I was going to wait and see before accepting a replacement for my Nokia E51 from my employer. However the protracted wait for my new car has got the better of me and I now have a shiny new HTC Desire Android handset. If the information is duff (which seems unlikely to me) then I'll be forced back to the E51 so I have my fingers crossed.

Maybe somebody who has taken recent delivery of a Superb Elegance can clear this up?

Best regards

David

Skoda UK have just phoned me to say that GSMIII does not support the iPhone. This is very confusing.

They are not wrong.

BUT. As of week 22 the bluetooth system comes with HFP (hands free profile) which works with the iPhone.

GSMIII basically clones the sim and the car is the phone. HFP just has the audio passed over it etc. the phone still makes the calls etc

i hope that makes sense

shame about the brolly........... but i'll survive :giggle:

If it helps, I had a call from Customer Services saying that Skoda are working on a new BT module that will enable iPhones and Blackberry to pair with Columbus GSMIII

They have promised to phone next week to update me as and when this will happen.emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

I am completely confused. I have the latest model 2011 model year yet when I try and find my iPhone through the information display it does not pick it up. How did you manage?

Hi

I've now been an owner of an Elegance 170 DSG for 10 days now!

Its covered just over 2000 miles since I took delivery and I have very little to report!

No rattles,no squeeks and nothings broken or fallen off! (i'm not realy surprised)

I have taken the total mileage up to 7600 now as it was a ex demo and it seems to be freeing up by the day.

Still slowly working through the instruction manuals for the sat nav!

Hope it all stays happy and trouble free!

Dave

P.S the brolly was still in the door and it had some serious use this week!

Edited by Dave Newport