us style on superb

9cc0

as you know, us style is turn signal lights glowing with driving lights.

i`ve seen this on octavia vRS 2 not fl and asked the guy who done it to do on mine as well.

it was not the same as his. we did`nt want to do anything we did`nt understand.

anybody know if this is possible and if it is, what do we do on vcds??

pic of this done on vRS:pictures of this done

as you know, us style is turn signal lights glowing with driving lights.

i`ve seen this on octavia vRS 2 not fl and asked the guy who done it to do on mine as well.

it was not the same as his. we did`nt want to do anything we did`nt understand.

anybody know if this is possible and if it is, what do we do on vcds??

pic of this done on vRS:pictures of this done

Are you sure this is allowed in Norway?

i don`t care if it is. i just want this on my car.

the list of things that is`nt legal in norway is very long and many things make the car look very nice.

do anybody know this?

i know how it is done on the car on pictures. he tried to do the same on mine but it was not the same.

i can try put it out on octavia forum.

is there some vcds wizzards here?

silver 1011: if you want to know this i know where to go.

• 11 months later...

someone in the german superb forum had the same idea and hasnt found anything like this while searching the vcds codes. and he also said, that it is possible with the octavia. here´s the link, but it is in german: Click me!

in the vw golf 6 it is also not working and it is a really close relative to the superb. i found a wiring plan to build it on your own, but i guess it would result in some errors.

anybody know how to get side signal lights glowing like us cars?

or anybody been playing with 09 central electric byte 18?

I do not know if it is possible but I have experimented with 09 byte 18!

the 00 that your car should be coded to, is not the true coding that the car has, it is purely a 'mask' So you will never know what the coding was when the car out of the factory!

I was purely trying to get rear DRL's on at the same time as the front ones, I went from 01 to 70 and none of them worked, I did not however try with the sidelights on (as the DRL's then go out)

Good luck :giggle:

silver1011, thank you for your fast reply! :thumbup:

gizmo68, i just searched for the solution of your rear drl problem, but it also seems like that this won't be working. on the first superbs (drl over xenon) the rear lights are on but now, as you know, with the newer superbs they are'nt and there seems to be no vcds code for it.

is there a vcds code list for the superb in english, or should i try to translate the german one?

this is a quote from vwvortex.com

Today I've checked every single combination for Byte 18 (00-99; A0-A9; 0A-9A; B0-B9; 0B-9B; C0-C9; 0C-9C; D0-D9; 0D-9D; E0-E9; 0E-9E; F0-F9; 0F-9F and AA-FF) and result is all of them set fault code except for two 06 and 4C but 06 uses amber lights along with regular brake lights and 4C makes front parking and side marker lights very dim and amber/red combination for rear parking lights.

2010 Jetta Wolfsburg

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb

Control Module Part Number: 5K0 937 085 G HW: 5K0 937 085 G

Component and/or Version: BCM PQ35 B++ 111 0128

Software Coding: 2D200B3E902D3EE480000081400000040300??8641008D625C 8020000000

Work Shop Code: WSC 00066 000 00000

VCID: 3777C4F83FCB

maybe this is it?

gizmo did you find out what the coding you have default is.

i don`t have vcds so can`t just test this or run a scan of the bcm.

gizmo did you find out what the coding you have default is.

i don`t have vcds so can`t just test this or run a scan of the bcm.

Yes, for a 2010 UK (MY11) car with front DRL's it is 31.

This is the thread I started on it:

DRL's 'lost'

:thumbup:

• 4 years later...

A guy from skodaforum.nl told me that US lights and DRL with the taillights burning can only be changed with VAG CAN PRO, VCDS can't change this coding.

I don't know if it's true...

A guy from skodaforum.nl told me that US lights and DRL with the taillights burning can only be changed with VAG CAN PRO, VCDS can't change this coding.

I don't know if it's true...

Yes True.  I had a MY07 Jetta and in central electronics you could turn on the turn signals constant at a % (i used 10% from memory) when the headlights were on.

This option in the central electronics on my MY13 Superb is all rolled into the bitcode in the lights setting (the Byte 18 part)  which is strongly warned not to play with as some changes are apparently irreversible if made with VCDS.

While I appreciate the US light look cool, as an old fart I get ****ed off when I see cars on the road with numerous lights on for no reason, but in particular fog lights (due to dazzling). If its illegal, there is normally a reason for it. Having said all that, you live elsewhere so are very unlikely to get a long flash of high beam from me ;o)