New colour for the Yeti!

Allams Skoda

It's nice, we've had it on the Octavia for a bit now and it's a bit of a marmite colour, I personally like it but wouldn't have it on a Yeti, I prefer the Yeti in the bolder colours for some reason.

I actually saw that car in the flesh back in 2007.

It looked pretty cool and it was destined for launch with Skoda but in the end it came out wearing a different badge which is a shame, I think it would have be a good car for Skoda to have.

volkswagen-scirocco.jpg

So that car is actually available under some other badge ? Thats a shame as its quite stylish which is something Skoda doesn't have in that younger sense (ahem....realising on risky ground here !!).

Back to the yeti colour tho its quite nice sort of suits the yeti, better than the green does anyway. Would like to see the tangerine in the flesh as the kia sportage looks very nice in the tangerine, although ironically the pure white sportage looks stunning but its not available in the UK !!

So we live in hope that one day (future owners) can also order MDI, electric seats and all the other bits we are denied... emoticon-0106-crying.gif

This color have been available in Norway since begining of sale. It kind of something beatween plum color and red color.More towards darker red. Its strange how you guys (and girls) cant choose this color? beats me. I also see that a lot of equipment which is extra for you comes here as standard on first trim. Like esp standard here on all models ,seat heating standard , heated electric mirrors standard,third head rest standard,tpc standard ..........

We have here 5 trims. Active ,Ambition ,Ambition Business ,Experience ,Exprerience business.

I been following the site for some time now and it looks like we also get cars faster then you.

I ordered mine Black Pearl 1.2 manual ,Active trim ,with some ekstras like middle arm rest ,spare wheel ,cruise control ,ekstra airbags back ,tinted windows ,alarm.... on 19 of mai. Finished build on 2 july. In my hands on 19 of july. Maybe Czech workers have problems building right hand drive...

I feel the only way to more or less see what a colour looks like is to go on a site like this and look at owners' pictures under real sunlight. Brochures and these studio shots and/or Photoshop jobbies are 9 times out of 10 useless. And additionally the Aqua blue for example looks blue under a blue sky and grey when it is cloudy! So you can't just look at ONE pic to decide if you like it or not either!

I feel the only way to more or less see what a colour looks like is to go on a site like this and look at owners' pictures under real sunlight. Brochures and these studio shots and/or Photoshop jobbies are 9 times out of 10 useless. And additionally the Aqua blue for example looks blue under a blue sky and grey when it is cloudy! So you can't just look at ONE pic to decide if you like it or not either!

Thats the trouble and there is not enough of them on the forecourts to be able to go and have a look at a colour to see if you like it or not.

I actually saw that car in the flesh back in 2007.

It looked pretty cool and it was destined for launch with Skoda but in the end it came out wearing a different badge which is a shame, I think it would have be a good car for Skoda to have.

volkswagen-scirocco.jpg

Wasn't it the VW Iroc concept that eventually became the Scirocco, which I thought uses the Golf's architecture?

Reading the article that concept is sub Fabia sized, which I guess would use the VW up! structure as it's basis?

Edited by HKPhooey

I personally like it but wouldn't have it on a Yeti,

Fully agree, IMO this is probably the nicest colour Skoda produce, but no on a Yeti, it needs an Octavia or Superb sized car to carry it off.

Just bought mine last week in this colour, I think it realy suits it.

There aren't too many Yeti's over here yet, so it realy stands out.

Had an Octavia 1.9TDi Elegance in antricite grey before this, needed something with more room for the Golden Retriever so picked my Yeti up from stock (2.0 TDi Ambition).

Wanted an Octavia Combi but the only one in stock was in aqua blue (too much metal for that colour, but thats just my taste). Would have had to wait 3 months for any other Combi or Yeti.

Considered a Kia Cee'd SW but was worried about residuals, also got a better deal on the Yeti.

Ultimatley I compared the NCAP results of both the Kia and the Yeti and decided the Yeti was the safest in terms of injury pattern.

Only gripes I have are the ride quality from the 17" wheels and the fact that with a spare wheel included the versitilty of the rear seating is reduced (theres a step in the rear when you flip the seats up out of the way).

Handling is spot on and plenty of toys to keep me happy in the front.

I know its early days yet but i still feel the Octavia is a better car in terms of comfort . Maybe I'll grow into it.

Edited by Photoemt