Ipod touch/Bluetooth/Bolero

tgarrett

Has anyone managed to pair an ipod touch (second generation, in my case) to a Bolero for a bit of audio streaming? The Yeti (Elegance 1.2) bluetooth is fine (Nokia pairs ok) and the ipod's bluetooth will pair with (eg) a computer ok, but I can't make the one discover the other and suspect that it may not be possible (Bluetooth profiles – ipod doesn't support hands-free profile).

Any info very gratefully received. I know that it's easy enough to plug it in the Aux socket, but I hate wires trailing all over the place...

Tony

Has anyone managed to pair an ipod touch (second generation, in my case) to a Bolero for a bit of audio streaming? The Yeti (Elegance 1.2) bluetooth is fine (Nokia pairs ok) and the ipod's bluetooth will pair with (eg) a computer ok, but I can't make the one discover the other and suspect that it may not be possible (Bluetooth profiles – ipod doesn't support hands-free profile).

Any info very gratefully received. I know that it's easy enough to plug it in the Aux socket, but I hate wires trailing all over the place...

Tony

I have an iPhone 4 which should be the same as an iPod Touch. I have not been able to make the Bluetooth audio streaming work either on Bolero. Someone did mention that MY11 Bolero there has been an upgrade and it now works.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for that, but I think that there may be subtle differences between the Ipod and iphone (see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3647) which are causing the problem. There doesn't seem to be a way on either the Yeti or ipod to bring up a list of possible connections, like you can on a phone, so they just sulk and won't speak to each other. Back to the drawing board!

I just put the Ipod onto an FM transmitter and play it via the radio. Only downside is it goes on playing when I turn the car ignition off so has to be paused/ stopped as well. But you can get transmitters that also charge the Ipod from the car. Nefer had a single case of crossover signal from local radio stations.

http://www.iworld.co.uk/c/iPod_FM_Transmitters.htm?gclid=CKS85dir46ECFZqX2AodoDjgIw

Mike

I have been ensured by my dealer that 2011 build cars do allow Bluetooth audio streaming as they have got an updated bluetooth module in them, I hope this is true as I intend to stream music from my iPad, when I get my yeti at the end of September.

If anyone has been successful with Bluetooth audio streaming I would like to hear from them.

I have been ensured by my dealer that 2011 build cars do allow Bluetooth audio streaming as they have got an updated bluetooth module in them, I hope this is true as I intend to stream music from my iPad, when I get my yeti at the end of September.

If anyone has been successful with Bluetooth audio streaming I would like to hear from them.

I pick up my new car next week as its an SE it doesn't have an aux input. You can buy kits offld car ebay that. I got one for my old car that worked great but. as its a brand new car I'm worried about the warrantee of a head unit that costs £700 to buy if I broke it.

I pick up my new car next week as its an SE it doesn't have an aux input. You can buy kits offld car ebay that. I got one for my old car that worked great but. as its a brand new car I'm worried about the warrantee of a head unit that costs £700 to buy if I broke it.

The SE has an Aux input in the "Jumbo" armrest. It is a 3.5mm TRS socket and the Bolero gives you three levels of sensitivity. You can play any input via a headphone socket and a suitable patch lead. The Bluetooth option is an extra £315.

I use a Bluetooth amp fixed to the sunvisor and find it very satisfactory.

iPod / iPad / iPhone all work perfectly streaming in my SM. There are separate threads about this on here, but it works, sets up easily and runs perfectly.

The one weakness (minor) is that if you also have Traffic Programme enabled and a traffic announcement comes on the radio while you are streaming to the BT module, it cannot pause your iPad / iPhone so you miss 30 seconds or so of content.

The iPhone automatically fades and pauses content when it takes an incoming call, and restarts it afterwards though :)

iPod / iPad / iPhone all work perfectly streaming in my SM. There are separate threads about this on here, but it works, sets up easily and runs perfectly.

The one weakness (minor) is that if you also have Traffic Programme enabled and a traffic announcement comes on the radio while you are streaming to the BT module, it cannot pause your iPad / iPhone so you miss 30 seconds or so of content.

The iPhone automatically fades and pauses content when it takes an incoming call, and restarts it afterwards though :)

I assume you car is MY2011? When did you get it?

I got mine in May. I will ask Skoda UK if the 2010 Bolero can be updated- it might just be a firmware thing

Edited by mwas123

Whats MY2011??

How can you tell what version of Bolero you have ?? or tell what edition of software??

You will defiately have a build year 11 car as they only started to build the diesel dsg when they started building year 11 cars on 25th may 2010.

You will defiately have a build year 11 car as they only started to build the diesel dsg when they started building year 11 cars on 25th may 2010.

Hi,

Model year 2011 came in WK22 and will be identified in the chassis number by a letter B (10th digit) see My link

Regards,

TP