Dtm Wing Mirrors

redbaron

Was thinking along the same lines for the Fabia. The mirrors do look the same, but really need to see how they are wired up and if the base plates are the same.

Wouldn't have thought the wiring would be a major problem though. I'm sure someone could get them to work correctly. :)

Im sure the Octavia's mirrors are identical to the upper range Golf 4 ones , they certainly look the same! So , if they look the same , I'm assuming they use the same fitment method , I mean surely Skoda wouldnt spend money developing their own method of fitting the mirrors just to stop us all being able to use Golf 4 based mods on them....would they?? ;)

If they were curved the other way, you could use them as a shaving mirror whilst away on camping holidays. I have owned loads of cars with loads of chrome, but I now think it looks naff. Eg I much prefer the matt black roof rails on my 4X4 to the chromed rails fitted to Audi Estates. But I guess it is a case of chromed for that upmarket look to set Audo owners apart from the Joneses. (Yes, I have owned 2 Audis, and they rust and break down just like all cars do).

i have looked closely (without disassembling) at my mates 4motion golf parked next to the octavia... the mirrors would seem to have come from the same parts bin... the question that i need to answer is .. 3 wire or 4...

i assume 4 wire is heated and 3 wire is none? guess the screwdriver is coming out on saturday....

it would appear so...

you would assume that a car using the sames engine / handles / switches / climate control / would use the sames wouldnt you?

I assume the Bora/Leon is the same as well ?

Disco check the gauges thread...