Sourcing the perfect VRS

JesVRS

Hey folks,

I'm finally at the stage of being able to get my VRS. I'm currently stuck in my big old luxobarge of an 9-5. Its probably going to break any day now.

I'm wanting something post-05, mileage isn't a concern as i know how easy it is to rack a huge mileage up, but still take care of a car. Okay, so under 100k would be preferable, naturally. Anyway, i've been looking at the SE, along with standard cars. Now, from what i can tell the VRS seems to still command a good price. They beat the statistics for car depreciation thats for sure.

I've seen 5 SE for sale, all of them are varying widely everything from £7000 to £10000. Now, i know these are great cars and stuff, but when people are still thinking they can ask 9k for a car that has done vastly more than average mileage i'm just left confused and slightly depressed i don't have £9k lying around. In fact i have £3k less, and i'm starting to think i can't touch a high mileage SE with this budget, despite it being the valuation from several sources for said cars. I think i could get a decent, average mileage standard car with some options for £6k... but the blue and exclusivity sure would be nice.

Cheers

Jamie

Aw buggery, i thought SE's had Xenons, what a swizz.

I'm looking all over, but the nearer the better of course. £7K is steep considering its a 3 year old car with virtually 80k on the clock and tax up at end of October, no? I dunno :(

Yeh, its nice that they're holding their value :) I think i'll just hold out on an SE for now, and accept that i simply can't afford one - i should do that more often i think! I have 5 weeks to find one with xenons, and not silver or yellow, fun fun fun! :D

How does the yellow come up, paint/detail wise? I've never seen one in the flesh, i am shamed to say! :o SWMBO would only say yes to yellow if it came up quite deep, rather than a volvo gul, or pale yellow. I must agree with her. As far as options, xenons are all i really care about, thanks to living in the middle of nowhere, i like good lights :)

Keep an eye on carsite, they turn out VRS se's for a smidge under 7 grand. It seems that at least some of the cars on Autotrader have been up for sale since the last time we had the conversation about the retained value of SE's. Which I guess is at least a couple of months ago.