Colours for Fabia Scout ?

We are currently (seriously) considering buying a Fabia Scout - to replace our Octavia Estate. As there are so few available in the UK, I wonder if any Briskoda bloggers have got their hands on one yet ?. One of our main concerns is what colours actually look like 'otr'. My wife likes Safari, but I think it looks like the results of a bad curry night. I like the Black. Her concern with the Black though, is it too black - with the Scout lower bodyside plastic protectors also in black, is it simply too overwhelming ? Any observations from anyone - on any of the colours ?

I hope you're going for the Scout for its appearance rather than what some people may percieve it to be, and that's a softroader like a rover 25 streetwise. Unlike the rover streetwise, it has exactly the same suspension and ride height as a normal fabia, you are paying extra to have those plastic bits fitted.

as for colour I think red looks good on black trim.

Edited by fabia55

I hope you're going for the Scout for its appearance rather than what some people may percieve it to be, and that's a softroader like a rover 25 streetwise. Unlike the rover streetwise, it has exactly the same suspension and ride height as a normal fabia, you are paying extra to have those plastic bits fitted.

I have a silver one, and the main reason I bought it in that colour was seeing it in the show room it stood out from the crowd. To be honest if I had looked into it more I would probabley bought the Eleganze as it was a better speck for about the same price. I love the car and the space in the boot is exceptional, best of luck in your purchase.

Bob Cameron :thumbup:

We are currently (seriously) considering buying a Fabia Scout - to replace our Octavia Estate. As there are so few available in the UK, I wonder if any Briskoda bloggers have got their hands on one yet ?. One of our main concerns is what colours actually look like 'otr'. My wife likes Safari, but I think it looks like the results of a bad curry night. I like the Black. Her concern with the Black though, is it too black - with the Scout lower bodyside plastic protectors also in black, is it simply too overwhelming ? Any observations from anyone - on any of the colours ?

i ve just bought got one this week after three months on order ,i were the same did not know what colur to get, initially ordered one in red then changed it to white, which iam glad i did `cos it looks stunning in white, i olso ordered it with maxidot as the dash looks better let alone the benefits of maxidot and also took climate and storageboxes, 1.6 tdi 105, and so far gives around 57mpg

hopes this helps

regards, shyfly

Yes, we're fully aware the Fabia Scout is a 'sheep dressed up in wolf's clothing' ! We've got an Octavia 4x4 at the moment and while it has great mpg for a 4x4, it still only gives 50mpg or so - and the Fab is likely to give us 15-20 more.. Although we're 'downsizing', we still want a fair sized boot and the Fabia Estate / Scout is great for a 'supermini'. One of our 'discussions', is whether the Scout or the Elegance has the equipment best suited for our needs - and I think the Scout has (at the moment) - electric rear windows, esp etc and not just the "plastic bits" !

As for colour, I agree with you about the red (my Yeti is Corrida - and I think it looks good, but my wife doesn't !). I'm keen on the black, but it's interesting to hear of the liking for white and silver amongst recent Scout buyers.

I have a silver one, and the main reason I bought it in that colour was seeing it in the show room it stood out from the crowd. To be honest if I had looked into it more I would probabley bought the Eleganze as it was a better speck for about the same price. I love the car and the space in the boot is exceptional, best of luck in your purchase.

Bob Cameron :thumbup:

Thanks Bob. We weren't considering silver (or the silver 'variations - and there's a lot of them !) - we might now. I'm really pleased to hear that you think the boot is big - as you'll see from another response, that's a major factor in deciding to move from the Octavia.

i ve just bought got one this week after three months on order ,i were the same did not know what colur to get, initially ordered one in red then changed it to white, which iam glad i did `cos it looks stunning in white, i olso ordered it with maxidot as the dash looks better let alone the benefits of maxidot and also took climate and storageboxes, 1.6 tdi 105, and so far gives around 57mpg

hopes this helps

regards, shyfly

Thanks Shyfly. I'm interested to hear of your views on the white (the new silver, they say !) - I think a clean white car is the best going. If only it doesn't get dirty so easily !

We went to the local dealership yseterday to order a 1.6 Tdi 105hp Scout - and were told no deliveries with this engine - any colour - before March - a 24 week wait ! We ordered an Elegance Estate instead - in Cappucino Beige - and told it would be an 8 week wait (a bit of a difference !), with delivery in mid-November.

Has anyone got a Cappucino (saying that, is a bit like being in Starbucks !) - any Fabia model - and if so, what do you think of it ?

We went to the local dealership yseterday to order a 1.6 Tdi 105hp Scout - and were told no deliveries with this engine - any colour - before March - a 24 week wait ! We ordered an Elegance Estate instead - in Cappucino Beige - and told it would be an 8 week wait (a bit of a difference !), with delivery in mid-November.

Has anyone got a Cappucino (saying that, is a bit like being in Starbucks !) - any Fabia model - and if so, what do you think of it ?

Hi,

were followed last Saturday for about 5 miles by a Cappucino Fabia 'S' (black wing mirrors) on a '10' plate, thought it looked very nice. Ended up in a mini convoy of Fabia II FL's as we caught up another 10 plate this time a red Elegance. Bit unusual to find that many Fabia's in one place round here :S even more so an FL

TP

• 11 months later...

your dealer is talking trash. i ordered a white skoda fabia scout on the 28th of august, and the dealer sent me an email yesterday that the buid date is 26th of sept, and delivery early oct. i initially got told 8-10 weeks. The largest dealer in the uk is dm keith and i have ordered my car from them

a diesel 106bhp skoda fabia scout in white

D M KEITH IN LEEDS HAVE A BLACK SKODA FABIA SCOUT ON THEIR COURTESY CAR FLEET, I DROVE IT BEFORE I ORDERED MINE. PROBABLY ONE OF ONLY A FEW IN THE COUNTRY AT A DEALER WHERE YOU CAN DRIVE A FABIA SCOUT/ THEIR CAR IS A 105 BHP DIESEL IN BLACK

D M KEITH IN LEEDS HAVE A BLACK SKODA FABIA SCOUT ON THEIR COURTESY CAR FLEET, I DROVE IT BEFORE I ORDERED MINE. PROBABLY ONE OF ONLY A FEW IN THE COUNTRY AT A DEALER WHERE YOU CAN DRIVE A FABIA SCOUT/ THEIR CAR IS A 105 BHP DIESEL IN BLACK

Your caps lock is stuck on. On a forum that's like shouting. (for your info)

Here's a couple snaps of mine. This is "safari". Fitted the wind deflectors at the weekend, took all of 10 minutes, genuine Skoda ones, but made by Climair.

DSCN0645.jpg

This one should give you a better idea of the true colour.

DSCN0646.jpg

Edited by Trev2

are wind deflectors a good idea , are they fitted just to drivers window, and how do you fit them. i get my scout in october, it is in candy white

It's all down to personal preferance, some like 'em, others wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I've had them on my last four cars, this being the fifth.

They come in pairs, front doors or back, and they are a piece of p*ss to fit. They fit in the window channel.

Wind the window fully down, fit the front part of the deflector in the channel nearest the wing mirror. Now be brave, and bend the deflector in the middle so you can get the back of it into the rear part of the window channel, now push the deflector up until it seats fully in the channel. Toggle the window switch so it goes up, the safety device may kick in and the window goes down again, just toggle the switch again within ten seconds and it appears to overide the safety device and goes up all the way, mine did. That's it. I worked the switch a few times fully up and down to seat the deflector, job done :thumbup: . Did the passenger side exactly the same. It's taken me longer to type this than it took to fit them both. HTH

Sorry folks, I appear to have hijacked the thread, MODS, please feel free to relocate this somewhere else.

Edited by Trev2

This one should give you a better idea of the true colour.

DSCN0646.jpg

I actually think it looks better in the metal.

Had a Roomster Scout in safari metallic on loan and the colour was great. Much more depth to it than this picture shows.

Great choice of colour Trev2. :thumbup:

I actually think it looks better in the metal.

Had a Roomster Scout in safari metallic on loan and the colour was great. Much more depth to it than this picture shows.

Great choice of colour Trev2. :thumbup:

Thanks, had it 17 days and 600 miles, and not been washed yet. It certainly looked better when I first got it.

The best colours for the scout are safari / ross brunello metallic & corrida red looks good to on the scout i was going to get a scout in red :yes: but in the end i went for speed & power :rofl: