Our Fabia Elegance TSI DSG Pictures

runboy

After a 4 month wait we finally took delivery of our Fabia 1.2TSI DSG Elegance in red with a white roof, susnset glass, projector front headlamps, heated front seats with storage boxes, MF steering wheel and the FOC Elba alloys.

As soon as we drove home the rain started so she is not as clean and shiney as she was in the showroom but it will keep me busy with a first clean this weekend. First impresions are very good. Nippy (albeit a little slow when pulling away but I'll have to learn to work with that), gear changes are smooth. Interior is nicely laid out, seats are comfy, stereo is good. Steering is light and direct, suspension is slighlty on the hard side but in no way is that bad - bumps and lumps are riden out with no thumping or shaking and I think the balance is about right. So far the power is very good, no that I'm going to be able to push too hard until she is run-in, but so far it is amazing what that engine can do.

I'll post more as we drive a few more miles and get a better feeling in varying conditions.

DSCF3083.jpg

DSCF3085.jpg

DSCF3086.jpg

DSCF3084.jpg

DSCF3082.jpg

Edited by runboy

Looks very good with that colour combination.

re your slightly firm suspension, it's probably par for the course. Also the 16" wheels do give a slightly harder ride. However, from experience, it might just be worth checking the tyre pressures, which are sometimes over-inflated for transit of new cars, and might be missed at PDI. The suspension tends to soften a little too as it beds in over the next few hundred miles.

Enjoy your new car!

re your slightly firm suspension, it's probably par for the course. Also the 16" wheels do give a slightly harder ride. However, from experience, it might just be worth checking the tyre pressures, which are sometimes over-inflated for transit of new cars, and might be missed at PDI. The suspension tends to soften a little too as it beds in over the next few hundred miles.

Enjoy your new car!

Yes ours had the tyre pressure set for five people plus luggage emoticon-0124-worried.gif from the dealer, although I did not detect much difference after adjustment to the normal value.

TP

Really nice looking Fabia, Runboy - nice photos

Can you let me know in due course how you get on with the curve projector headlamps - can you confirm if they are self-levelling or do you still have a manual roller switch next to the main light control? I've ordered the curve projectors for my new vRS, so would be really interested to know how effective they are in everyday life, particularly as we head towards the dark evenings.

Cheers now and enjoy your new motor! Andy

Enjoy your new car!

Good call on the pressures. It's not a harsh ride, just firm I suppose you would call it, but not crashy and very composed all in.

Looks lovely Runboy.

Do you think it feels hesitant from standstill because of the DSG or because of the engine generally?

Different engine/gearbox to our last car so it will take some adjustment to driving style and I'm sure a lot of it can be overcome, plus everything is tight at the moment. What it might lack in initial go is more than made up for by the speed it builds afterwards!

Very nostalgic looking for us.

Ours was this colour before we had it stolen in January

P1000785.jpg

Good luck with it

We did look at your (ex) car a fair bit when looking at colours - there are not many pics of the red/white combo so a search on google brings yours up a lot - for the wrong reasons!

I've yet to see another in the flesh. Seen a few blues with the white roof but not a red locally.

Really nice looking Fabia, Runboy - nice photos

Can you let me know in due course how you get on with the curve projector headlamps - can you confirm if they are self-levelling or do you still have a manual roller switch next to the main light control? I've ordered the curve projectors for my new vRS, so would be really interested to know how effective they are in everyday life, particularly as we head towards the dark evenings.

Cheers now and enjoy your new motor! Andy

I can tell you now there is the roller adjustment on the dash for the headlight level. We haven't done much night driving so can't comment on the effectiveness of the curve function, but the headlights are decent for non-xenons, and the cornering foglight function is fairly good at illuminating the kerb - not a moment of "how did I ever live without those" but a useful thing to have when moving about the drive etc