Travelling on a Ferry

lbl25a

Travelling to Spain by Ferry tomorrow and it looks pretty rough. Can I disable the alarm when locking the car to stop risk of the alarm flattening the battery during the voyage?

When travelling with the Fabia VrS I double click the remote to disable the alarm, but it seems that on the Yeti this only disables the ultrasonics. Will motion of the vehicle at sea set off the alarm and flatten the battery?

take everything out the car and just don't lock it.

no one's going to steal it whilst it's on the ferry ! B)

I thought the second click on the fabia only deactivated the internal sensors and the deadlocks

Edited by Wet Kipper

Travelling to Spain by Ferry tomorrow and it looks pretty rough. Can I disable the alarm when locking the car to stop risk of the alarm flattening the battery during the voyage?

When travelling with the Fabia VrS I double click the remote to disable the alarm, but it seems that on the Yeti this only disables the ultrasonics. Will motion of the vehicle at sea set off the alarm and flatten the battery?

Does the Yeti have an anti lift angle sensor as part of the alarm system? When we went to Santander last month I simply disabled the internal sensors to stop anything moving inside triggering it and as far as I know, it didnt go off; and I doubt It would flatten the battery anyhow.

Does the Yeti have an anti lift angle sensor as part of the alarm system? When we went to Santander last month I simply disabled the internal sensors to stop anything moving inside triggering it and as far as I know, it didnt go off; and I doubt It would flatten the battery anyhow.

I think it does have an angle sensor but have now discovered the disabling switch that even the dealer didn't know about. RTFM error!! Inside the door pillar behind the driver's seat there is a push button that glows red. When you press it it turns to orange, then lock the car within 30 seconds and the motion sensors are disabled.

Pretty poor show that the dealer did not know about the button - it's hardly a new thing, it's been fitted to various Skoda's for quite a few years now.

My GF's 52 plate Polo also had this switch. Clearly described in the manual your dealer should have known.

I think it does have an angle sensor but have now discovered the disabling switch that even the dealer didn't know about. RTFM error!! Inside the door pillar behind the driver's seat there is a push button that glows red. When you press it it turns to orange, then lock the car within 30 seconds and the motion sensors are disabled.

It's also handy if you leave the kids or dog in the car to prevent pandemonium at the supermarket!

• 2 years later...

I've RTFM and asked on here, but I can't get the button to go from red to orange.

The manual says:

Switch off the ignition.
› Open the driver door.
› Press the button on the centre column on the driver side » Fig. 15, the symbol
that lights up in the button changes from red to orange.
› Lock the vehicle within 30 seconds.

Except the car symbol remains red. Is there a fuse I can check for it or do I need to visit Skoda?

just press the button at the side of the drivers seat and lock as normal with the push button or just lock the door with the key, I think this only locks the doors and does not enable the alarm

I think I can get the safe-securing system to do the same if I double-press the key fob when locking. Not that it matters, returning to the car deck on the ferry is always a noisy, alarm-filled affair...

I've just had a go at this as the Yeti will do its first ferry trip this weekend. I get the orange light but still see the flashing LED on the drivers door when locking the car. If I use the double lock (press lock again within two seconds) the LED flashes rapidly as before, but then stays off. Giving a hefty lift on the wheel arch didn't set the alarm off, so I presume that's disabled.

If its going to be that rough you will not get me on a ferry, if heading to Europe much prefer to take the tunnel, got no sea legs. Dealer did demonstrate the button at the side of the drivers seat for disabling the alarm, said it was if I wished to leave people locked in the car like the wife or kids!

Pressing the lock button on the remote twice has the same effect on the alarm as the button on the driver's door pillar.  Page 42 in the manual:

• You can switch the interior monitor and the towing protection monitoring off if there is a possibility that movements from (e.g. children or animals) inside the vehicle interior or if the vehicle must be transported (e.g. by train or ship) or towed, might trigger the alarm.
  • You can also switch off the interior monitor and the towing protection monitoring, by deactivating the safe securing system => page 37.

Edited by ejstubbs