Out with the old in with the new!!

Pat

Some advice please. Tried the car in the rain last night, something strange happens with the intermittent wipe.........

It seems to have a mind of its own even when adjusting the switch for the time intervals between wipes (like my vRS). You don't seem to get a 'fixed' interval between wipes. Do the new wipers work differently for eg use a rain sensor instead?? The manual makes some reference to this but is not very clear!!

Cheers

Paul

Pat

Some advice please. Tried the car in the rain last night' date=' something strange happens with the intermittent wipe.........

It seems to have a mind of its own even when adjusting the switch for the time intervals between wipes (like my vRS). You don't seem to get a 'fixed' interval between wipes. Do the new wipers work differently for eg use a rain sensor instead?? The manual makes some reference to this but is not very clear!!

Cheers

Paul[/quote']

Dont know about the octy but on my old Clio the switch for intermittent wipe was to adjuct the sensitivity of the auto wipers.

I expect they're the same as on the Superb. I know the Octy II Elegance has rain sensors, so if you switch the wipers to 'intermittent' that puts them in rain sensing mode. It is a bit disconcerting at first because they don't wipe with fixed intervals, but pretty good once you get used to it. The switch on the top is then supposed to adjust the sensitivity of the wipers but, to be honest, I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever!

Standard 2.0 TDI elegance in Sahara Beige

How do you feel about the loss of performance and cars good looks by moving to the lower powered and uglier Mk2 2.0 TDi? Much better toys inside, do they make up for the previously mentioned?

they are fully auto' date=' they adjust their speed to the volume of rain/spray very good for passing trucks on the M way

John[/quote']

Can be a tad disconcerting in medium rain as the interval between wipes is IMHO a little long.

They are fine in light rain and heavy rain.

How do you feel about the loss of performance and cars good looks by moving to the lower powered and uglier Mk2 2.0 TDi? Much better toys inside, do they make up for the previously mentioned?

William

Believe it or not the car wipes the floor with the vRS (obviously not performance). It handles better, is far comfier, the radio is a masterpiece - without the fiddly directional button. The build quality is far superior, it feels so much easier to drive, the power is instant from under 1000 RPM (not nearer 3000 like the vRS). Plus last 2 days 51mpg!!

Just tested it and you'll be pleased to know that when you open the tailgate the rain p1sses in the boot even more than on an octy1!! Superb..........what an improvement
Should have bought an Estate! :cool:

Can be a tad disconcerting in medium rain as the interval between wipes is IMHO a little long.

They are fine in light rain and heavy rain.

I find the sensitivity adjustment ok, but as said they do take so getting used to.

The biggest thing to remember about them though (if like the Superb) is that you have to reset to off to reactivate the sensor action when removing the key, ie you cant leave them on the sensor setting all the time and expect them to start up when it rains. You have to set the wiper stalk from the off position every time to put them in sensor mode.

Pat

Some advice please. Tried the car in the rain last night' date=' something strange happens with the intermittent wipe.........

Cheers

Paul[/quote']

Oh dear lord NO!

Don't tell me Skoda have gone down the same road as PSA with those truly dreadful auto rain sensitive wipers..PLEASE!!!!

They are the biggest pain in the a**e EVER.

Have a mind of there own and carry on wiping when you'd normally have turned them off. Dry screen wiping = scratched screen, and mine is..badly. :mad: Crappy french duffers.

Hateful invention. Intermittent variable timer system is the dogs IMO :thumbup:

Oh dear lord NO!

Don't tell me Skoda have gone down the same road as PSA with those truly dreadful auto rain sensitive wipers..PLEASE!!!!

They are the biggest pain in the a**e EVER.

Have a mind of there own and carry on wiping when you'd normally have turned them off. Dry screen wiping = scratched screen' date=' and mine is..badly. :mad: Crappy french duffers.

Hateful invention. Intermittent variable timer system is the dogs IMO :thumbup:[/quote']

Much better than that CJ....we both love them here....especially the added benefit of auto switch to fast action when at speed (usually overtaking a lorry)