Stream MP3 & 6 disc changer

How annoying. The MP3 head unit will play MP3 Cd's but the 6 disc unit in the boot doesn't. I have a collection of MP3 discs with about 130 tracks on each. Would have had 900 tracks available without changing discs!!

Is there a 6 disc MP3 compatible unit for the boot?

Is there a 6 disc MP3 compatible unit for the boot?

No. As mentioned above you'd be better looking a Bolero (or Columbus) headunit if you want to use lots of MP3 tracks, they use a SDHC card, I have a 32GB in mine and it holds more than enough music!

Or for a much cheaper alternative consider a Connects2 aux-in adapter: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=CTVSKX003&_sacat=See-All-Categories

You'll lose the CD-changer but frankly it becomes pretty redundant once you can plug an mp3 player in.

Or for a much cheaper alternative consider a Connects2 aux-in adapter: http://shop.ebay.co....-All-Categories

You'll lose the CD-changer but frankly it becomes pretty redundant once you can plug an mp3 player in.

However it would appear that that doesn't allow him to play the CD's - it just connects another item instead of the multichanger so it's only part of a possible solution. :thumbup:

However it would appear that that doesn't allow him to play the CD's - it just connects another item instead of the multichanger so it's only part of a possible solution. :thumbup:

That's true of course, though depending on the age of the car, it could have to be Bolero + CAN Gateway upgrade, starts getting a bit pricey then.

Options options.

ok thanks. Looks like the easiest thing to do is use the aux input in the armrest. Annoying thing there is that there is no power available in the armrest. Maybe I can tee off from the cigarette lighter to get discrete power into the area and the run an iPOD or similar. Shame that this input or the unit suggested above isn't USB!