Yeti motorcyclists

jst_at_home

I know this isn't quite a Yeti topic but as I own a Yeti and a bike, then there is a link.

This is my new Harley-Davidson XR1200. Not your usual cruiser and a bit of a headturner too. Also, at 90bhp, it's a lot more powerful than my last H-D. And it sounds great!

John

johnxr1200.jpg

This is what I ride. 1 man power. The engine fell off somewhere up a 25% muddy climb.emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

post-36710-12872428884964_thumb.jpg

I sold my Triumphs ages ago, got fed up with 16 year olds trying to kill themselves whilst I was teaching them to ride. Did too many miles in a short space of time. Got most of it out of my systememoticon-0144-nod.gif. I do occasionally think about getting another one, but I never rode for fun, only work, and wouldn't do it now either. I don't drive for fun either, always has a purpose, but I can see the Yeti changing that!

Mike

See my avatar for me on my first bike.

Flickr seems to have changed the way it does links for photos and I can't seem to get it to post here, otherwise my current steed, Yamaha FJR1300, would be the next picture!!!

I'll have to look for another photo hosting site.

tom

Edit:

Just opened a Photobucket account.

Dec2004Tom22.jpg

tom

Edited by Sanqhar

I have ridden....

Yamaha RSS100

Yamaha TZR250

Honda VFR400RR

Honda VFR750

Honda CBR600

I dont have my own bike anymore :'(

But hope to one day :yes:

This is what I ride. 1 man power. The engine fell off somewhere up a 25% muddy climb.emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

post-36710-12872428884964_thumb.jpg

I sold my Triumphs ages ago, got fed up with 16 year olds trying to kill themselves whilst I was teaching them to ride. Did too many miles in a short space of time. Got most of it out of my systememoticon-0144-nod.gif. I do occasionally think about getting another one, but I never rode for fun, only work, and wouldn't do it now either. I don't drive for fun either, always has a purpose, but I can see the Yeti changing that!

Mike

Non powered for me too - Trek 6700 w/road tyres - for my 10 mile e/w commute.

I took my CBT a few years ago and one day I will do my Direct Access!!!

hello my fellow ribble valley user i ride an old vfr750 and also have a trials bike, also john its good when van drivers let you out of your drive in a morning :giggle::giggle:

I thought it was you! Do you live just up the road?

John

I know this isn't quite a Yeti topic but as I own a Yeti and a bike, then there is a link.

This is my new Harley-Davidson XR1200. Not your usual cruiser and a bit of a headturner too. Also, at 90bhp, it's a lot more powerful than my last H-D. And it sounds great!

John

johnxr1200.jpg

Hi John

Nice machine - good to see someone is supporting the 2 wheel arm of the Bowker Group - suspect with the torque from that your knuckles will soon be down near the footpegs!

My Yeti is due by "Month end" but just enjoying the last of the decent weather on my 20 yr old Suzuki VX800 - she may be old but that V twin still put's a smile on my face

Look after that bike..Garth

Don't have a Yeti but i have a Roomster.

This is my little Scoot, Gilera GP800. 800cc automatic Scooter :rofl:

Topbox.jpg

One in action on youtube,

Great posts everyone. I really like maxi scooters and ran an Aprilia Atlantic 500 a few years ago. Bike or scooter I'm not bothered and I've had both over the years.

Anyone recall the BMW C1? I had a 200cc version. It was really interesting and probably a bit ahead of its time.

John

Edited by jst_at_home

Great posts everyone. I really like maxi scooters and ran an Aprilia Atlantic 500 a few years ago. Bike or scooter I'm not bothered and I've had both over the years.

Anyone recall the BMW C1? I had a 200cc version. It was really interesting and probably a bit ahead of its time.

John

Did you ride with or without helmet? :D

Did you ride with or without helmet? :D

Both. I recall a number of occasions where I passed police cars coming the other way and they never flinched. I don't think most officers understood the legal bit but as the rider was restrained with a 4-point harness, it was safe.

There was a forum that sought legal advice but I think HM Gov were dead set against allowing helmetless riding.

Having said that, it was bloody cold around the ears!

John

jt_c1_400-1.jpg

That's great, what model is it?

John

It's a Vespa GTS 300 Super.

I bought a smaller Vespa last year to go alongside my Hornet but then ended up selling both of them and buying this instead.

Once I move house I'll be buying another bike of some sort but the GTS is here to stay.