Wood Trim & Wheel Extensions

GazzaC

I’ve got a build week for my SM which was ordered 24th September. It’s the first week in Feb, all being well, so now I’m looking at the dealer fit options. I’m going for three, the protective film for the rear doors, the Boreal wood trim and the black wheel arch extensions. The latter two, I know, are not available in the UK (as far as I’m aware).

So before I break out my Czech phrasebook does anyone have:

1. The Skoda part number for the Boreal wood trim (RHD naturally!)

2. The Skoda part number for the Black wheel arch extensions (per the Paris Motor show)

Otherwise it looks like I’m going to be blazing a trail, still there’s plenty of time before the SM arrives.

On the subject of the wheel extensions, I understand that they will not fit with the park assist due to the location of the side sensors mounted on the edge of the front wheel arches. I’ve ordered my SM with front parking sensors but not park assist so can some kind soul with the same setup please confirm that the front side wheel arch sensors do not exist unless you go with park assist. Otherwise it’s think again time for me :'(

I’ve got a build week for my SM which was ordered 24th September. It’s the first week in Feb, all being well, so now I’m looking at the dealer fit options. I’m going for three, the protective film for the rear doors, the Boreal wood trim and the black wheel arch extensions. The latter two, I know, are not available in the UK (as far as I’m aware).

2. The Skoda part number for the Black wheel arch extensions (per the Paris Motor show)

Otherwise it looks like I’m going to be blazing a trail, still there’s plenty of time before the SM arrives.

On the subject of the wheel extensions, I understand that they will not fit with the park assist due to the location of the side sensors mounted on the edge of the front wheel arches. I’ve ordered my SM with front parking sensors but not park assist so can some kind soul with the same setup please confirm that the front side wheel arch sensors do not exist unless you go with park assist. Otherwise it’s think again time for me :'(

Hi GazzaC,

The wood effect trim has a part No. 5L2858418CDT8 (I think the third number is a "2" but it may be a "Z" - I can't read my own handwriting very well.) I understand it costs about £55 but don't know how much work the fitting entails - I have considered it myself, but if its a lot of man hours to fit I don't think I'll bother.

Sorry can't help with the wheel arches.

David

Thanks guys, it looks like the wood trim is going to be easier to purchase and fit than I thought which is good to hear. I'm getting the vRS serviced next week so will check the availability with the dealer and probably purchase in advance.

I'll get working on the arch extensions!

GazzaC: you only get the additional eyes on the fenders if you have Park Assist. This eye is the one that measures the parking spaces and that is all it does. If you just ordered front parking sensors you'll only get the four sensors in the front area of the bumper. So fitting the wheelarch extensions should bot be a problem. Just remember you also can't have front mudflaps.

GazzaC: you only get the additional eyes on the fenders if you have Park Assist. This eye is the one that measures the parking spaces and that is all it does. If you just ordered front parking sensors you'll only get the four sensors in the front area of the bumper. So fitting the wheelarch extensions should bot be a problem. Just remember you also can't have front mudflaps.

Many thanks, I had guessed this was the case but not having the SM yet couldn't be sure. However whilst whiling away a few minutes I looked again at the Yeti brochure and saw that the SM on the cover and inside has front parking sensors and no side sensor which I assumed meant no park assist. Going into my local dealer on Wednesday to get SWMBO'd VRS serviced so will ask them about the chances of getting the trim and extension through them - got the part numbers for both now. The trim should be OK but the arch extensions could be another matter. In some ways I'm quite looking forward to negotiating with a Czech dealer!

Edited by GazzaC

Is the wood trim not standard with a Gobi Sand interior? The UK website's configurator shows this when that interior is selected. The Gobi with the alloy coloured trim, although fine with the Onyx interior, would not suit as well (IMO).

Is the wood trim not standard with a Gobi Sand interior? The UK website's configurator shows this when that interior is selected. The Gobi with the alloy coloured trim, although fine with the Onyx interior, would not suit as well (IMO).

You can't get the wood trim in the UK with any interior or trim level not even as a standard part order. You need a very friendly dealer parts department that will order and fit it for you.

You can't get the wood trim in the UK with any interior or trim level not even as a standard part order. You need a very friendly dealer parts department that will order and fit it for you.

Hmm, typical of Skoda UK to show something on their website that's not available as a customer choice. I'd imagine the Gobi/wood trim combination as a well suited pairing.

Edited by Bassa

Hmm, typical of Skoda UK to show something on their website that's not available as a customer choice. I'd imagine the Gobi/wood trim combination as a well suited pairing.

My thought exactly having seen the pictures with this combo. Hence my extra effort in trying to source the trim. If it had been a big slab of fake wood I'd be of a different opinion but as a 'trim' I feel it sets off the Gobi very nicely. Each to their own I guess.

Hi , Ive just had my Yeti delivered with the wood dash from HOBINS ( Manchester) with help from the salesman Gary, it looks really great and it takes only 10 mins to fit.

Is that 10 mins by the dealer or a 10 min DIY job? Do you (or does anyone) know how easy it is to get the original trim off, and how the fake wood would be fixed - is it glued, or is there a mechanical fixing? My dealer seems clueless to the extent that I wouldn't want to risk leaving it to him but would consider a DIY job if it were feasible.

You will find what these bits look like from this album on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkearth/sets/72157623684891560/

This person is a member on here but I can't remember what his profile is! But this should show how these might fit.

4624068813_cfc523b3bc_o.jpg

4624069415_d4a321fe33_o.jpg

4624069625_923b07495b_o.jpg

4624068593_872981c3b9_o.jpg

And the before and after shots:

4417714340_b0a843fe34_o.jpg

4644157477_e8820f2c43_o.jpg

Ah the member that did the above is Drbig. Perhaps PM him if you want to know more. He has been very helpful when I have asked MDI questions since he has DIY installed that himself too.

Hi GazzaC,

The wood effect trim has a part No. 5L2858418CDT8 (I think the third number is a "2" but it may be a "Z" - I can't read my own handwriting very well.) I understand it costs about £55 but don't know how much work the fitting entails - I have considered it myself, but if its a lot of man hours to fit I don't think I'll bother.

Sorry can't help with the wheel arches.

David

Does the wood part have to be ordered through a UK dealer or is there any way of a direct internet order?

Well asked my local dealer about ordering the wood trims (and wheel arch extensions although didn't hold out much hope for those). Nothing! Even the wood trim is not on the UK parts ordering system so as far as they are concerned end of story. Obviously some more is going to be required from me. Jeez, even accepting they are not standard UK parts why should it be this difficult to order a pukka Skoda part!

Well asked my local dealer about ordering the wood trims (and wheel arch extensions although didn't hold out much hope for those). Nothing! Even the wood trim is not on the UK parts ordering system so as far as they are concerned end of story. Obviously some more is going to be required from me. Jeez, even accepting they are not standard UK parts why should it be this difficult to order a pukka Skoda part!

Perhaps they can't see the wood for the trees :giggle:

Suggest your dealer speaks with Hobins Skoda in Manchester where member Alan.Edon had it fitted.

If SUK got their act together this type of hassle would never arise.

Perhaps they can't see the wood for the trees emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Suggest your dealer speaks with Hobins Skoda in Manchester where member Alan.Edon had it fitted.

If SUK got their act together this type of hassle would never arise.

Or just order it from Hobins Skoda in Manchester and go there for a day trip to have it fitted! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I think its a real shame it isn't available, and I agree with earlier comments that it would look great with the Gobi interior - if it was easy, I would certainly order it - in the pics so kindly posted, I thought it looked pretty classy.

Roger

Each to their own but if you want wood in a car the only way to go (for me) is real unlaquered wood like this £12,000 optional interior I saw in the new Audi A8 at the Paris motor show. Plastic fake "wood" is not honest in my book in such an honest car as the Yeti.

73031_441762641323_671901323_5742741_6885488_n.jpg

74582_441762546323_671901323_5742737_6727533_n.jpg

74055_441762571323_671901323_5742738_4287185_n.jpg

69027_441762601323_671901323_5742740_3010179_n.jpg

Or just order it from Hobins Skoda in Manchester and go there for a day trip to have it fitted! emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

I e-mailed Hobins earlier today (after the blank from my local dealer) re sourcing both the trims and wheel arch extensions (in for a penny in for a pound!). Logic suggests that at least the trims should be doable as clearly they sourced them before - trouble is you never know who you are getting at the other end of the e-mail/telephone and how helpful they are going to be. Fingers crossed.

Well, Hobins have come up trumps it would seem. I have ordered the 'poplar' wood trim, albeit I haven't got the SM yet and will not do so for some time but it gives me a warm cosy feeling to know that I'll be ready to provide the SM with that classy Gobi/wood look the moment it does arrive :rofl: . Cost was £54 and pence for the main trim and £16 and pence for the smaller trim around the light switch. To that I will need to add the courier costs from Manchester to Kent but it gives me what I want so I'm content with that. Apparently supplied directly from the Czech republic.

The wheel arch extensions are not available yet as not authorised for use in the UK (which I guess the trim must be despite not being available through the UK dealer network). Still I can afford to wait and see if they become available before the SM arrives (looking on the bright side of the long lead times!).