LED side lights

Raf_

Now that it's getting darker I've noticed that my side lights are dim n yellow. Don't know what bulbs are in my main lights but they are very white, want the same for my side lights. Seen some on eBay that are 9 smd Led's they look quite abit longer than the standard bulbs which shouldn't matter as it looks like the bulbs just poke though with nothing in the way. What do other people think are they worth it? Don't know owt about led's

I'll post a link up later tonight as I can't figure how to do them on my phone thought blackberries could do everything! lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many LED side lights available, just make sure they are canbus compatible ones or you may end up with the bulb failure warning coming on all the time, this is because the LED's draw less current than normal bulbs and the cars computer senses this as a bulb failure, even though they are working.

Ian

There are many LED side lights available, just make sure they are canbus compatible ones or you may end up with the bulb failure warning coming on all the time, this is because the LED's draw less current than normal bulbs and the cars computer senses this as a bulb failure, even though they are working.

Ian

Agreed, I don't think they need to be on a Fabia 1 but on an Octy....

It's best to have an ask in the Octy forum. Somebody is bound to have tried

a few different types and know what's compatible or not.

I have these, They are front facing and very bright. Probably not the best

out there but high quality none the less. For the money... I rate 'em :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270655369065

I've had these in my Octi for a few months now and have had no problems at all :thumbup:

I have these fitted to my octy. Very good upgrade over the standard 501 bulb & no issues with the bulb failure light.

Can get you a pic one evening if you like?

I would be interested to see this as I'm thinking of a H7 upgrade to my octy

I have these fitted to my octy. Very good upgrade over the standard 501 bulb & no issues with the bulb failure light.

Not sure if i have a bulb failure light in my octy 1 vrs?? Had a number plate bulb go a while back and a brake light last week and there were no lights on the dash?? Gonna have a look tommow and see if i have one.

A pic would be great

I have these, They are front facing and very bright. Probably not the best out there but high quality none the less. For the money... I rate 'em :thumbup:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270655369065

Bought them, and just fitted them about 1/2 an hour ago to the fabia. They look much better than the standard jobbies, ta for the reccomendation!

I have these, They are front facing and very bright. Probably not the best

out there but high quality none the less. For the money... I rate 'em :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270655369065

Anyone have these fitted to an octy 2??

OK i bought these but accidentally only ordered one :doh:

Any way i thought I would fit it to see if it worked before ordering the second one and straight away it didnt work and I got a bulb error.

Is this because I only have one fitted or do they just not work on my car?? :'(

OK i bought these but accidentally only ordered one :doh:

Any way i thought I would fit it to see if it worked before ordering the second one and straight away it didnt work and I got a bulb error.

Is this because I only have one fitted or do they just not work on my car?? :'(

Did you try it both ways, I found they only work one way round

How did you only get one when they come in pairs?

Edited by alexandjen

When I looked back at my order it said singles. Cost me 11 quid for 1 . Should they have sent me 2?

Will try it the other way then. Was a right bugger to get to as well....

When I looked back at my order it said singles. Cost me 11 quid for 1 . Should they have sent me 2?

Will try it the other way then. Was a right bugger to get to as well....

Oh, I'm assuming that you didn't get these then, as posted above in an earlier post?

They are the ones first linked to by chris_focus....

Seems they are a lot dearer...

I see, can't comment on those personally but I'd try it the other way round before sending it back

As above, LED's only work 1 way round.

Obviously completely trial & error if you fit them the right way, first time around.

Nip it out and turn it round & you'll be immersed in LED brightness :thumbup:

Cheers Chris, will swap it over tomorrow and order another.

Did you pay £20 or £10 for a pair?

so what the difference with these ones, are the ebay ones just better value for money or are the ones we have bought better components?