Brugges Xmas market

lfc958

Hi

Because the booze cruise days are now over, I would like to open this to change to a trip to Brugges Xmas market.( via Tobacco alley for those that still smoke ).

Myself, MDK1 & another skoda a Zafira owner have booked the following.

Eurotunnel

Sunday 5th Dec

Dover out 09:20am

Calais return 20:42

Cost £58 - Return

Anyone interested in joining us are more than welcome, agenda is usually as follows

Meet at Eurotunnel shop car park 45 - 60 mins before loading.

Convoy to Brugges rail station car park ( via tobacco alley if anyone wants to stop off there)

Stroll to the main square, where we can either go our separate ways & meet back at an agreed place & time, OR just plod round together.

Convoy back to eurotunnel for return journey.

If you would like to join us just tag your name to this thread.

You dont have to own a Skoda to come along, just be signed up to the site to register your interest then ask family / friends if they would like to join the convoy.

Would be nice to see a few families join us, as its usually a pleaseant day out & a change from UK xmas shops.

Edited by lfc958

So the tally so far is one Skoda ,one Vauxhall and my little Smart :giggle:. I hope I can keep up with the big boys :rofl:

So much for Skoda meet :rofl:

Come on factory get your finger out. Steve wants his car :giggle:

Kathy

Edited by lfc958swmbo

• 2 weeks later...

Add me on to the list of people coming!!!!!

I'll be in my Octavia.................

Justin

Ok Justin, looks like we have an estate Octy to carry all the xmas pressies from Brugges back to Folkestone emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

You managed to get the dates / times booked as 1st post I take it ?

It is turning into a Skoda trip, as its now 2 Skodas , 1 Smart, 1 Vauxhall emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Edited by lfc958

Ok Justin, looks like we have an estate Octy to carry all the xmas pressies from Brugges back to Folkestone emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

You managed to get the dates / times booked as 1st post I take it ?

It is turning into a Skoda trip, as its now 2 Skodas , 1 Smart, 1 Vauxhall emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Here is what I've had Emailed back from Eurotunnel.....

Going out

(local time) Day/Overnight Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Sunday 05 December 2010

Check-in closes 08:50Departure time 09:20Arrival time 10:55

Coming back

(local time) Day/Overnight Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Sunday 05 December 2010

Check-in closes 20:12Departure time 20:42Arrival time 20:17

Looks all OK to me!!!

Here is what I've had Emailed back from Eurotunnel.....

Going out

(local time) Day/Overnight Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Sunday 05 December 2010

Check-in closes 08:50Departure time 09:20Arrival time 10:55

Coming back

(local time) Day/Overnight Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Sunday 05 December 2010

Check-in closes 20:12Departure time 20:42Arrival time 20:17

Looks all OK to me!!!

Thats the 1 emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Emily, Sophie and I were thinking of coming along, but it will work out at well over £100 for the day, just to get there and back to Essex, which is a bit too much. Plus it would end up being a very long day for a 1 yr old, so unfortunatly we are going to have to give this a miss.

Just to let you know guys, I'll be riding shot gun with Justin on this one.

Even though it says Sunday on the start of this post I actually thought it was Saturday as you've put on the White Rabbit post Steve that you won't be attending till late because of the trip......But the trip is a day after the meet. So I'm ever so slightly confused!!?? :think:

Edited by Beryl's Chief Pilot

Anyone know what the forecast is for the Continent for Sunday? :peek:

Yes. Sunshine, cloudless sky with temp of around 28 Celcius, emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gifemoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

BBC will not go any further than Friday & they were saying that Snow should have stopped , by then.

I predict the usual Brugges weather - Cold, slightly windy occasional light shower ( well thats what the last 3 have been )

Yes. Sunshine, cloudless sky with temp of around 28 Celcius, emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gifemoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

BBC will not go any further than Friday & they were saying that Snow should have stopped , by then.

I predict the usual Brugges weather - Cold, slightly windy occasional light shower ( well thats what the last 3 have been )

Local weather for sunday was a change in direction to a Southerly :thumbup: increasing the temp to.......3C :wonder:

As we will be in my little Smart.If you lot go hooning off I will meet you in the station car park in Brugges :rofl:.

She only does 90 mph at top whack. As Clarkson found out the acceleration is not as rapid as a bigger car.

Kathy:giggle:

Just had a note from mdk1 & +1, they are pulling out of Sundays trip.

Justin Its up to you if you still want to go., I will be ringing Eurotunnel on Sat to see what the train situation is.

As we will be in my little Smart.If you lot go hooning off I will meet you in the station car park in Brugges :rofl:.

She only does 90 mph at top whack. As Clarkson found out the acceleration is not as rapid as a bigger car.

Kathy:giggle:

With the weather as it is, I'm glad you're in the Smart so I don't go hooning off!!!!

Just had a note from mdk1 & +1, they are pulling out of Sundays trip.

Justin Its up to you if you still want to go., I will be ringing Eurotunnel on Sat to see what the train situation is.

I'm still up for going, if the trains are running.

I guess we'll wait for an update on Saturday night?