Coolant Temperature Sensor

Has any one recently purchased a CTS for a 1.9TDI as I got a quote from a Skoda dealer via Ebay of £33 - this seems expensive to me, is it or are the cheaper ones on Ebay useless?

Your decision but I bought a German £8 Ebay CTS once & the gauge read fine , but the car started idling badly. When I checked what the ECU was getting from the CTS is was 35 degrees less than the gauge. Bought a genuine CTS & all was fine.

Lesson learned.

Has any one recently purchased a CTS for a 1.9TDI as I got a quote from a Skoda dealer via Ebay of £33 - this seems expensive to me, is it or are the cheaper ones on Ebay useless?

i bought one for my vrs off TPS and it was £29 and that included the o ring

There is nothing wrong with that part, provided it is genuine, but beware - there are fake Febi products on eBay

Edited by rwbaldwin
  • Like 1

There is nothing wrong with that part, provided it is genuine, but beware - there are fake Febi products on eBay

i dont understand ppl risking buying fakes of ebay, if they were saving hundreds then give it a go but for the sake of less than £20 compared to the price of genuine dealer stock it makes no sense

i dont understand ppl risking buying fakes of ebay, if they were saving hundreds then give it a go but for the sake of less than £20 compared to the price of genuine dealer stock it makes no sense

Jorily do the Febi Bilstein part for less than £10 and IIRC they sell on eBay as well as through their own website. I'm sure the ones they sell are genuine.

If you don't know the eBay seller, then it can be like buying from a man in a pub.

Jorily do the Febi Bilstein part for less than £10 and IIRC they sell on eBay as well as through their own website. I'm sure the ones they sell are genuine.

If you don't know the eBay seller, then it can be like buying from a man in a pub.

Indeed they do

Agreed

All our parts are OE or OE Quality and carry a 12 month/12 miles warranty. We've been selling and soucrcing Skoda parts for over 20 years and only supply top quality parts.

Green 4 Pin Sensor

Green 4 Pin Sensor[/url]Make: Vika (Has German TUV Quality Certificate)

Grey 2 Pin Sensor

Make: VAG (Original Equipment)

Both Sensors also come with a new Horseshoe clip and seal

Edited by Jorily

All our parts are OE or OE Quality and carry a 12 month/12 miles warranty. We've been selling and soucrcing Skoda parts for over 20 years and only supply top quality parts.

Green 4 Pin Sensor

Green 4 Pin Sensor[/url]Make: Vika (Has German TUV Quality Certificate)

Grey 2 Pin Sensor

Make: VAG (Original Equipment)

Both Sensors also come with a new Horseshoe clip and seal

Thanks for the info and reply Graham, can you confirm that I need the four pin version?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i got the one from ebay and no offense at the moment with a new born baby, £30 is £30 to me, if i can save money i will, BUT have learnt my lesson the hard way !! After my ASR light problems (blown MAF) i had the car plugged in and one error is the CTS, so looks like the cheap ones as stated above really do not work, might actually put my old one in for now.

Would there be a problem buying one from GSF or stick to dealer as my TPS wont supply me

• 3 months later...

I bought a coolent temp sender/ sensor from ebay last month. Never again!! Finally bought one from Euro car parts and that did the trick, actually cost less then the ebay one in the first place, although i spent about a tenner in deisel getting there and back, so it works out about the same price including fuel.

At least this current one from ECP is still working and ECP's parts system is very good. I had no idea what colour of sensor I needed and their system worked it all out. Fantastic!!!

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Good day to you all,

Tony.

I bought a coolent temp sender/ sensor from ebay last month. Never again!! Finally bought one from Euro car parts and that did the trick, actually cost less then the ebay one in the first place, although i spent about a tenner in deisel getting there and back, so it works out about the same price including fuel.

At least this current one from ECP is still working and ECP's parts system is very good. I had no idea what colour of sensor I needed and their system worked it all out. Fantastic!!!

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Good day to you all,

Tony.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Good day to you all,

Tony.

All our parts are OE or OE Quality and carry a 12 month/12 miles warranty.

Is that which ever comes first.... not sure 12 miles is a very good warranty :rofl: