Adding extras during the waiting?

lok

I was wondering if it's possible to add some extras during the waiting for order, does it affect Build Week time?

Since my Yeti is not build yet, I wass wondering if I could add some minor options I skipped in the ordering process..

Are dealers OK with that?

I was told you can amend/add to the order up to 4 weeks before build date - I changed the colour and trim and added a couple of extras to mine. Of course, the total confusion about build weeks (in the UK at least) makes this more difficult: probably best to make any changes as soon as possible rather than at the last minute, since you may not know when that is!

Well, I want to order 3-spoke steering wheel, my delivery date is ~20th Dec2010.

I just sent an email to dealer that if it doesnt change BW I would like to order it, tommorow I will have an answer.

Well, I want to order 3-spoke steering wheel, my delivery date is ~20th Dec2010.

Just curious as to why anyone would want the 3-spoke wheel, especially considering its substantial extra cost. What is it that the 3-spoke offers that the 4-spoke doesn't (other than 1 less spoke that is emoticon-0140-rofl.gif )? I feel I'm missing something here, but I've never seen or heard the case for the 3-spoke option.

Just curious as to why anyone would want the 3-spoke wheel, especially considering its substantial extra cost. What is it that the 3-spoke offers that the 4-spoke doesn't (other than 1 less spoke that is emoticon-0140-rofl.gif )? I feel I'm missing something here, but I've never seen or heard the case for the 3-spoke option.

Couldn't agree more. And surely it should be a no-cost option, if offered at all?

Yes there is a three spoke wheel option, think it's supposed to give a more sporty look to the cabin. Not keen on it personally, as the bottom of the wheel where the large spoke connects is plastic not leather. However as I say a personal opinion.

£155 extra on a UK Elegance :S :wonder:

Regards,

TP

Doesn't anyone read older posts?I've given my opinion about 4 times now :wonder: I ordered the 3 spoke because I dont like the 4 spoke. When I drive long distance on motorways I tend to have my hands at 20 past 8 on the wheel . The 4 spokes get in the way.....simples..... :yes:

Edited by bilun777

Doesn't anyone read older posts?I've given my opinion about 4 times now :wonder: I ordered the 3 spoke because I dont like the 4 spoke. When I drive long distance on motorways I tend to have my hands at 20 past 8 on the wheel . The 4 spokes get in the way.....simples..... :yes:

Exactly!

Edited by lok

I changed the colour from metallic to solid, the interior from black to Gobi, added electric seat, Columbus, towbar prep, sound system, all after I ordered the car. Build date moved from 42 to 46. Next week it should be made.

Quite a few people added the electric seat option when it was made available.

Mike

I did the same. Build week now 48 last I heard.

Andy

I asked the dealer last week if it would be possible to add the electric seat to my order placed early October to be told that it was not available on UK cars. I then checked the 'configurator' and it would not accept the electric seat on the Yeti Elegance though the incompatibility issue as displayed was not at all clear - something to do with the door mirrors. I am aware that with the electric driver's seat, the door mirrors can be folded from the stalk and so on but this was not the issue. Whatever the case, it would not let me add the electric seat.

Paul

Edited by tubalcain

I did the same. Build week now 48 last I heard.

Andy

I changed paint colour and added the electric seat about 1 month after ordering. I was told it hadn't changed the build date. Mind you I don't yet have my hands on the wee beastie so we'll have to wait & see...

I asked the dealer last week if it would be possible to add the electric seat to my order placed early October to be told that it was not available on UK cars. I then checked the 'configurator' and it would not accept the electric seat on the Yeti Elegance though the incompatibility issue as displayed was not at all clear - something to do with the door mirrors. I am aware that with the electric driver's seat, the door mirrors can be folded from the stalk and so on but this was not the issue. Whatever the case, it would not let me add the electric seat.

Paul

The cofigurator will accept the electric seats, but you also have to tick the electric mirrors/auto dimming mirror no cost option for some reason

Andy

In my experience, when performing upon the steering wheel bongos, a three spoke wheel offers superior timbre and variation of response.

Phibes.

The cofigurator will accept the electric seats, but you also have to tick the electric mirrors/auto dimming mirror no cost option for some reason

Andy

Thanks Andy, tried the configurator in the way you describe and, of course, it works. I'll pursue the dealer now to make the addition.

Paul

In my experience, when performing upon the steering wheel bongos, a three spoke wheel offers superior timbre and variation of response.

Phibes.

Hmm... preferring the the dashboard drums or the gear lever percussion, I am ambivalent on the matter...

Andy

Thanks Andy, I followed your advice and the configurator accepted the electric driver's seat. I'll contact the dealer again and ask for the option to be added.

Paul

Andy

Edited by tubalcain

I just got response from the dealer, it is possible to add extras and the BW is still begining-middle of December :)

Thanks to Plumber and the rest, I also opted for electric seats (mirror auto folding and seat tilt "decided").