Just found out why the Yeti is so popular

My_Yeti

I am still facing the dilemma of whether replacing my 6 months old Yeti S with an SE? I cant seem to get a valuation of my car, there isnt much on sale on autotrader and the price varies a lot!

Unfortunatelt, given the large proft margin people at WeBuy(Rip)Any(You)Car(Off).com are looking at, I am not planning to go down that root, preferably selling to a dealer

Anyone sold a 1.2 S recently? What kind of price should I be looking at? (6000 miles)

Fire me an email if you want, we'll buy it if you want to replace it with an SE before the VAT increase.

• 2 months later...

Thought I would prop this up since I have just visited a Mitsubishi dealer to look at the ASX, which was next to the SKoda dealership in Darlington.

Initial Impression

It looks quite big fom the front, it was parked next to the Airtrek and the front didn't look much different. It has curves but also quite boxy at the same time. I don't think it looks unattractive at all. It has a very similar trim level to the Yeti (S=ASX2) (SE=ASX3) (Elegance=ASX4), but the Yeti is slightly better equipped, especially at the SE level, the ASX3 only offered a plain CD/Radio for instance. However, the doors felt a little flimsy and light and the handles weren't particularly smooth to use either.

Interior

The front is fine, it seems well screwed together, similar level of quality to the Qashqai and it looks modern, the buttons were nice to use. However the CD player/GPS on this ASX4 model is from Kenwood and look a little aftermarket.

The back is less spacious than the Yeti, but it has a nice cocooned feel to it.

Boot

The boot is deep, it looks very similar to the Yeti with spare wheels, but none of the ASX are equipped or could be optioned with one. The lift over is high, and it has a large underfloor storage area, which is nice.

The Gripes

1) I actually thought it looks nice, in a sporty kind of way, but the front is too high, it detracts from the flow of the car

2) The gear stick is too long, the throw is too long.

3) The price - it is a nice enough car, but I can't see how they could charge £20k for a mid-spec (ASX3) 1.6 Petrol!

4) The interior is fine, but it felt a little aftermarket.

Overall

I think it is a credible contender to the Yeti and Qashqai, however it was let down by the price.

PS. Petrol takes 2 months to arrive, and there is a considerable waiting list on the Diesel!