Rough Road Pack; fuel & brake pipe reinenforcing panels

The Plumber

Fuel & brake pipe reinenforcing panels  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Fuel & brake pipe reinenforcing panels fitted (see first & second photo below)

• Registered before late August 2010
    • Registerd after late August 2010
    • N/A
  2. 2. Fuel & brake pipe reinenforcing panels not fitted (see third photo below)

• Registered before late August 2010
    • Registerd after late August 2010
    • N/A

Thanks TP - I'll sit tight for a bit (until it's invoice time) and then take up that option.

Frustrating..... but at least SUK understand the issue emoticon-0106-crying.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having worked many years ago in UK customer service of a large international company, I feel a bit sorry for Will, in those interchanges. He is obviously wrestling with them to get the information, and it must be embarrasing to say the least. At least he is being honest, has apologised, and is doing all he can to resolve a situation which he clearly knows is unacceptable. I think he will do everthing he can and, if it were me, I guess I would try not to 'shoot the messenger' - I honestly think he is your best ally in this.

Having worked many years ago in UK customer service of a large international company, I feel a bit sorry for Will, in those interchanges. He is obviously wrestling with them to get the information, and it must be embarrasing to say the least. At least he is being honest, has apologised, and is doing all he can to resolve a situation which he clearly knows is unacceptable. I think he will do everthing he can and, if it were me, I guess I would try not to 'shoot the messenger' - I honestly think he is your best ally in this.

+ 1 :thumbup:

I can see both sides - Will must also be frustrated with Skoda!! :yes:

"Will must also be frustrated with Skoda!!"

I'm sure he is and I share his frustration - HOWEVER - we're not talking about a complex technical issue here - simply whether Yetis now come equipped as standard with the rear door protective foils!

I think we all know the answer to that - based on those lucky folks who've taken delivery recently?

All I'm initially asking for is confirmation that is indeed the case, so I can subsequently seek some redress at having agreed to pay £185 for a Rough Road Package which currently seems to include an element which is now provided free. If I'm wrong I'll happily shut up ;)

I'm advised the foils cost in the region of £35 plus fitting - so a reduction in the cost of the RRP to me and others in the same position to reflect that would seem equitable?

Hardly difficult is it?

I'm advised the foils cost in the region of £35 plus fitting - so a reduction in the cost of the RRP to me and others in the same position to reflect that would seem equitable?

But you also got a plastic tray instead of a steel one? And some other missing bits... so surely you will get more than just circa £35 back?

"Will must also be frustrated with Skoda!!"

I'm sure he is and I share his frustration - HOWEVER - we're not talking about a complex technical issue here - simply whether Yetis now come equipped as standard with the rear door protective foils!

I think we all know the answer to that - based on those lucky folks who've taken delivery recently?

All I'm initially asking for is confirmation that is indeed the case, so I can subsequently seek some redress at having agreed to pay £185 for a Rough Road Package which currently seems to include an element which is now provided free. If I'm wrong I'll happily shut up ;)

Hardly difficult is it?

Absolutely - he has exercised the choice to work for the company! I really don't think those of us making enquiries have received appropriate levels of service.

As far as I can tell the protective foils have never actually been mentioned within the RRP product description, at least in the brochure :-

Rough road package

The Rough road package is available as an option on SE and Elegance with

either Front-wheel or all-wheel drive. The rough road package comprises of:-

• A metal cover for the engine and transmission

• A plastic cover for the fuel and brake lines

• Reinforced brake fluid distribution system and hand-brake cable

The vehicles ground clearance is not affected by the installation of

this package and remains at 180mm

Of course the metal part is now thermoplastic and has been amended on the website's configurator. So how did it come to light in the first place that without the RRP it was no foils whereas with the RRP foils were included - by chance I guess ?

It just seems strange that the foils were never actually mentioned within the RRP details.

Now fitted as standard to all Yetis as it should have been from the start and then it would probably never even have got a mention.

I think protective rear door foils became 'standard' from week 31/10 production - having previously been part of the RRP?

They may not have been advertised as part of the RRP - but I'm pretty sure they were?

I think protective rear door foils became 'standard' from week 31/10 production - having previously been part of the RRP?

They may not have been advertised as part of the RRP - but I'm pretty sure they were?

I agree. They might not have been advertised but the only way to get them factory fitted in the past was to order the RRP. This picture shows all the RRP bits but don't show the foils marked in red... post-55900-12931214405107_thumb.jpg

:thumbup: Just had a response on behalf of Robert Hazelwood, MD of SUK - I'll be getting a definitive response in the first week of 2011.

That'll do for now....!

Thanks Mike,

very, very interesting; besides confirming the reinforcing panels at the rear (fuel and brake pipes) have been deleted, I also believe they have completely changed the front suspension sub frame :o Doing away with the original rear consol bushes with more conventional rubber-metal bearings front and rear as they did with the Fabia.

4231192420_fb35dba40f_b.jpg

can clearly see the console bush at thr rear of the track control arm on my old Pat Monster; compare that to the images provided by Mike.

Regards,

TP

Thanks Mike,

very, very interesting; besides confirming the reinforcing panels at the rear (fuel and brake pipes) have been deleted, I also believe they have completely changed the front suspension sub frame :o Doing away with the original rear consol bushes with more conventional rubber-metal bearings front and rear as they did with the Fabia.

Regards,

TP

I seem to remember my Octavia 2 being like the one in your photo of Pat - I was thinking at one point of fitting the whiteline anti lift kit and that was similar to the console bush.

So, what have I got of the rough road pack that I thought I was getting....

Mike

I seem to remember my Octavia 2 being like the one in your photo of Pat - I was thinking at one point of fitting the whiteline anti lift kit and that was similar to the console bush.

So, what have I got of the rough road pack that I thought I was getting....

Mike

Hi Mike,

the door foils are now standard and two panels that were at the rear of the plastic floor covers are no longer fitted. So besides the change to thermoplastic for the engine shield, it's difficult to say otherwise as any other changes would be hidden behind panels.

However it does beg the question still as to whether customers are being charged correctly for this option following these changes.

Regards,

TP

The same £185 charge but amended to, quote :-

"Rough road package The rough road package consists of a thermoplastic cover for the engine and transmission, a plastic cover for the fuel and brake lines and reinforced brake fluid distribution system and handbrake cables "

Actually, there never was any official mention of the rear door foils at all, including within the RRP.

Still awaiting SUK's response on the current RRP :dull:

Hi Mike,

the door foils are now standard and two panels that were at the rear of the plastic floor covers are no longer fitted. So besides the change to thermoplastic for the engine shield, it's difficult to say otherwise as any other changes would be hidden behind panels.

However it does beg the question still as to whether customers are being charged correctly for this option following these changes.

Regards,

TP

Thanks TP

So, discounting the foils which have never been documented by Skoda,

I have not got a metal sump guard, but a thermoplastic one.

I have 2 shorter panels down either side, again in plastic, or maybe thermoplastic - I'm sure mine look the same length as in the may 2010 brochure though....

Nothing else? - no reinforced brake pipes/handbrake cable? - how can I tell if they are reinforced or not?

What are the red things on the rear axle that is highlighted in Red in the brochure?

Mike

Edited by rockhopper

Thanks TP

So, discounting the foils which have never been documented by Skoda,

I have not got a metal sump guard, but a thermoplastic one.

I have 2 shorter panels down either side, again in plastic, or maybe thermoplastic - I'm sure mine look the same length as in the may 2010 brochure though....

Nothing else? - no reinforced brake pipes/handbrake cable? - how can I tell if they are reinforced or not?

What are the red things on the rear axle that is highlighted in Red in the brochure?

Mike

Hi again Mike,

see the RRP Guide which I hope will explain all.

Regards,

TP

Thanks again TP.

Wonder if the 'old' triangular pieces can be retro fitted. Me thinks not as the design of the rear lip looks different or am I totally confused:-)

Mike

The reinforcing panel that's now deleted fits over the triangular section at the back of the floor pan cover. Notice with yours you have a corrugated edge to it, this is hidden on my old Monster by the cover which has a smooth edge (bar drain holes).

The panel is held in place by clips and screws (see the highlighted areas in the photo);

5209664864_8d5b664f49_b.jpg

This panel added extra protection to the brake and fuel lies as they came out the back of the floor pan :S

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Hi TP

Seeing as the corrugated one is square across, It would appear that we don't need the triangular fillers as it is now in one big panel.

Mike

the Pat Monster has exactly the same big floor pan covers but with these additional bits screwed to them, hence why I keep going on about them now missing :giggle:

Edit (now highlighted)

5301187299_76373cdecb_o.jpg

If you look at Onesque's for example you can see where the retaining screw/clip holes are in preparation for said missing panel.

Regards,

TP

Edited by The Plumber

Mike

Thanks for taking the time to climb under the Monster and take the images.

I think it looks very similar to mine and confirms the changes that have been made.

I think the updated RRP should provide adequate protection to all but the serious off-roaders on here.

Phil

The reinforcing panel that's now deleted fits over the triangular section at the back of the floor pan cover. Notice with yours you have a corrugated edge to it, this is hidden on my old Monster by the cover which has a smooth edge (bar drain holes).

The panel is held in place by clips and screws (see the highlighted areas in the photo);

5209664864_8d5b664f49_b.jpg

This panel added extra protection to the brake and fuel lies as they came out the back of the floor pan :S

TP

If I'm reading this right then any newer yetis with the above panel missing could simply add it if required? Ie all of the mounting points are still in place?