Looking for diesal estate !

There is a nice 09 Skoda superb 2 with 56k on the clock for sale in Wakefield at a dealers next to the Toby inn its on the trader web site at below 10K

Edited by skippy41

any thoughts on this one ? http://www.autotrade...201042371196281

What Bluetooth system does it have? BT was not available prior to the face lift vehicles in 2009. Aftermarket or oem?

It is possible to fit an oem one as I did to my 2006 model.

I sold my 2.0PD140PD DSG L&K estate for £5750 with 100,000 miles, which was about right for the mileage, though I might have even got more if I had asked!

The elegance is a good spec. I can't comment on the 1.9 as no experience. Or on the manual side eitheremoticon-0136-giggle.gif.

It is fairly close to you. Bradford-Harrogate.

When I was buying my car I decided what I wanted and then set out looking for it. Took a while as the spec I had was quite rare. I went to stafford to buy mine.

I bought from a company that sold off ex fleet cars, with about 60,000 miles on the clock. Ex company cars are good buys, as generally they have been well looked after.

Mike

Its a saloon ! :yes:

stupid question but whats the difference between the Octavia and a Superb :wonder:

Best to look on the Skoda site.

But, the Superb is massive inside, and about 300mm longer overall. It has a very nifty tailgate which can be either a saloon or a hatch.

They are an excellent car. Smoother ride, more luxurious etc. Huge boot.

Do you really need an estate?

Mike

Edited by rockhopper

sorry I was just been a bit lazy.

I,m in a band so sometimes have quite a bit of gear to shift.

we have a tranny van but I get the job of moving some of the gear depending where we are playing

Well its been my day of from work, and I've armed myself with a Parker's price guide,

so have spent hours snowed in checking prices.

Autoquake are quite cheap but you have too pay £100 quid to reserve a car before you can make an appointment to view it :wonder:

and also they add a £150 to the advertised price for a transaction fee :doh:

found one on autotrader that's looking quite hopeful so I rang the guy and got him on his mobile in tenerife B)

so I,m still looking !!!!!! :(

sorry I was just been a bit lazy.

I,m in a band so sometimes have quite a bit of gear to shift.

we have a tranny van but I get the job of moving some of the gear depending where we are playing

Get the Superb and you can drop the back seats should you ever require any more room than there is, go and look at it its in white, it will make one hell of an echo box B)

Save your money all round and go for a 130 hp 1.9D if you want a diesel. The 2 litre diesel is a disappointment which ever engine you go for. Yes Common Rail is smoother but at the cost of performance and fuel consumption. 1.9D 130 hp does 0-60 in 9 seconds and upper 50s mpg. When I had a 140 hp diesel and the 130 hp diesel the 130 hp walks away from the 2 litre. It even gives the 170 hp diesel a shock if caught unaware.

Better to get in on the last of the Skoda offeres on new if you have £9k on the 3% flat finance and keep what is left in your current account earning 4% and go for a 1.4 TSI petrol, same performance, manufacturer's guarantee, no worries, 50 mpg., cheaper fuel, fun rather than dull diesel performance.

Edited by lol

The 2.0 had the disadvantage of the DPF which none of the 1.9's have plus changing the timing belt on the 1.9's is cheaper I believe.

John

Mine's a 2.0 and has no DPF!

If you are looking for an L&K try and find a 2007 onwards model as it was revised around April that year with loads more toys on it like electric driver seat, 17" 'Sputnik' alloys, xenons etc.

Thats what I've got, and it has some nice kit. Xenons are well worth having, and the heated seats are great in this weather.

Save your money all round and go for a 130 hp 1.9D if you want a diesel. The 2 litre diesel is a disappointment which ever engine you go for. Yes Common Rail is smoother but at the cost of performance and fuel consumption. 1.9D 130 hp does 0-60 in 9 seconds and upper 50s mpg. When I had a 140 hp diesel and the 130 hp diesel the 130 hp walks away from the 2 litre. It even gives the 170 hp diesel a shock if caught unaware.

At 4 years or so old the 2.0 140 engine won't be common rail though.

The 140 engine was PD until quite recently, the common rail version of the 140 has only been introduced in the last few months.

• 3 weeks later...