Installed RNS510 MODULE 3C8035730A rSAP BLUETOOTH

No you should not need any coding, the units that you mention, the 3C8 Rev A and the 5NO Rev D are identical, the 5NO is just a part number change to the 3C8 unit so either do the job very nicely. have a look at a seller called ukmegaseller he also does the units from what I recall he was slightly cheaper than pickmanuk as well. :thumbup:

I had a look on on ebay for the new 3C8035730A which as I understand it's the same with 5N0035730D.

Now I have phone (and/or sim) contacts on both maxi dot (white MFA) and Columbus navigation system but sms only on Maxi dot (MFA).

Some photos in the internet shows this new device (3C8035730A or 5N0035730D) to give access to sms using Columbus/RNS510. Is this true? Any changes need to be done for this?

What about maxi dot/ MFA. Will I get the phone book and sms as before?

Will I have also bluetooth audio with this device or this is Columbus version?

Now on my Columbus in setup-media menu the activation for Bluetooth audio streaming is only visible when my HTC is connected and I make or receive a call !!!

Without this procedure there is nothing (for Bluetooth audio) to activate in the setup media menu.

Anyway after receiving or doing a call the activation button is there to check it. Then when I go to the media screen at the top of the screen I have CD, SD, HDD, MDI and Bluetooth (a button with the Bluetooth symbol). This button is not accessible whatever I'm trying.

These new units give the facility to send and recieve sms via the columbus and to read read out loud on the MFA, Bluetooth button is only accessible when a bluetooth device is connected in streaming mode, it gives rudimentary control over streamed tracks.

One thing to bare in mind is that the functionality available on the columbus may well be firmware revision related

If the car didn't come with BT from the factory is it still possible to plug one of these straight into the loom? I'm currently considering my options, currently I'm strongly considering getting oemretrofits.co.uk to fit a Fiscon module but the premium OEM sounds good too. I'd probably get them to fit a Columbus at the same time though so it can all be fitted and coded at the same time which will minimise hassle.

These new units give the facility to send and recieve sms via the columbus and to read read out loud on the MFA, Bluetooth button is only accessible when a bluetooth device is connected in streaming mode, it gives rudimentary control over streamed tracks.

One thing to bare in mind is that the functionality available on the columbus may well be firmware revision related

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

So maxi dot wii still have all the functionality as before. Is it related with the type of connection i.e. rSAP (as it is the case now) or any other type?

Regarding sms and bluetooth audio using Columbus. How can I now if this will work on my Columbus?

You will get SMS on maxidot or Columbius only if your phone is connected with rSap to the car, and not just in HFP mode.

Bluetooth audio works only in HFP mode, not rSap. My Iphone 4 connects as media player too, but not HTC Touch HD which connects as rSap.

You will get SMS on maxidot or Columbius only if your phone is connected with rSap to the car, and not just in HFP mode.

Bluetooth audio works only in HFP mode, not rSap. My Iphone 4 connects as media player too, but not HTC Touch HD which connects as rSap.

Hello Cepi,

What about phone contacts?

Do you get them without rSAP?

CEPi, did you try to deactivate rSAP from your HTC to see if it's working the other bluetooth protocols and also try bluetooth audio (as media player)

Edited by Apoelara

Yes, all the address book is imported on first phone hook up (you have to say yes obviously when asked on your phone). It is available then in Columbus or Maxidot in same way as with rSap.

So without rSap you lose only sms. Not a big deal.

Yes, all the address book is imported on first phone hook up (you have to say yes obviously when asked on your phone). It is available then in Columbus or Maxidot in same way as with rSap.

So without rSap you lose only sms. Not a big deal.

CEPi, did you try to deactivate rSAP from your HTC to see if it's working eith the other bluetooth protocols and also try bluetooth audio (as media player).

CEPi, did you try to deactivate rSAP from your HTC to see if it's working eith the other bluetooth protocols and also try bluetooth audio (as media player).

Sorry my HTC is just refussing to work today. I need to reflash it as i havent been using it for a while.

But, i tried a Nokia E66 without rSap, so just normal bluetooth and the Media player works.

When i enabled the rSap, media player did not show up in Maxidot menu and no BT Audio with rSap, so BT Audio only in HFP mode and not rSap.

(when you connect with rSap you get the "Premium" logo + BT logo on Maxidot).

Sorry my HTC is just refussing to work today. I need to reflash it as i havent been using it for a while.

But, i tried a Nokia E66 without rSap, so just normal bluetooth and the Media player works.

When i enabled the rSap, media player did not show up in Maxidot menu and no BT Audio with rSap, so BT Audio only in HFP mode and not rSap.

(when you connect with rSap you get the "Premium" logo + BT logo on Maxidot).

This depends on your phone. Once you attach using rSAP, you should be able to search for your phone in the bluetooth menu (bluetooth->mediaplayer) to get your phone connected as a media player using BTAV as well. Once that works you'll get better audio (stereo, instead of the mono audio that your phone probably sends over HFP), and it ought to do the same for your phone in HFP.

TallGuy

HFP does send Stereo through, i.e Iphone 4, but on a rSap it seems not to do it. There is no MediaPlayer when attached with rSap. Nokia (the daddy of rSap will not), maybe others do.

HFP does send Stereo through, i.e Iphone 4, but on a rSap it seems not to do it. There is no MediaPlayer when attached with rSap. Nokia (the daddy of rSap will not), maybe others do.

If unit 5N0035730C is changed to a new 5N0035730D which supports Media Player will I get stereo sound when streaming MP3?

Hi all,

Just installed the 3C8035730A module to replace the rSap only 5N0035730C.

Simple plug and play, no recoding was needed.

Iphone 4 works fine, address book downloaded and all that. Also media player plays Iphone songs working.

No SMS on Maxidot compared to rSap HTC Touch HD that i have.

Bought it about $200 on Ebay.

I have found this post in a forum:

"I just installed a 9W7 into my 2010 Tiguan (White Display) replacing the stock 9W3. All the features seem to work fine except the A2DP streaming. It's only coming out of the right speakers in the truck."

Is this true. Do we have to add a wire for getting stereo sound during MP3 streaming?

On my SKODA I have now 5N0035730C and I'm waitting to get the new 5N0035730D.