Mtec (ebay) Drilled & Grooved discs Fabia vRS

Motoract

Hi there.

Looking for some reviews on these brakes...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300340092335&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2159wt_905

will they really reduce the breaking distant and will they be better than oem parts?

will they or do they create uneven pad wearing?

anyone anything to say about them at all?

these will be run with standard pads to start off with then EBC green stuff if that's makes any difference.

Cheers!

Actually bought these with the pads for my vRS,been on the car now for 6 months and have to say well impressed with them,no problems at all.No squeeks at all.

I've got these exact ones front and back along with mintex pads and I was a little concerned as to what they would be like as they were cheap but they have been excellent and give pretty good braking, they are a little noisy under braking but nothing major !

I'd recommend them and buy them again :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking at a full set for my vRS from ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120427497876&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT at £149.99p

But if you go direct to the MTEC site here

http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/store/brake-disc-and-pad-kits-skoda-c-7_33/skoda-fabia-vrs-2003-to-2007-complete-front-amp-rear-discs-amp-pads-set-p-15010

They are just £131.99p with free delivery!

I have a set of these drilled and grooved discs and Mintex pads on my Fabia Vrs. I have to say they are good for the money you pay for them. I had a slight issue with one of the rear discs when I fitted them one of the discs was warped! I called up M-Tech and they were very helpfull and replaced them straight away. I would invest in these again but would recomend upgrading brake hoses aswell.

HTH

Don't forget that, other than on a track, it will be the pads alone that govern braking performance. Drilled / grooved / dimpled pads will stave off BRAKE FADE, but if you're worrying about that on the road, you seriously need to slow down!

They do look good, though - I had some ZeroSixties, which I liked the look of:

zerosixties.jpg

But other than providing an easily-visible warning of when the discs were worn out (the grooves disappeared), the only time I reckon they provided anything over and above the pads themselves was when I took the car to Bruntingthorpe...

I've heard stories about cheaper drilled discs cracking, maybe best to stick with the grooved only ones. Any thoughts anyone?

yes I agree with this as have seen the results myself many times from friend's cars who have had drilled discs(named brands not cheap ones) The company 3G did some tests on manufacturing drilled discs and they didn't hold up too well and they started producing grooved and dimpled discs instead because they last longer

Edited by newskoda