New RNS510 380X Firmware

WARNING I HAVE NOT USED THIS YET AS I HAVE REVISION A UNITS. IF YOU INSTALL THIS YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

1. This is only compatible at the moment with VW C units and Skoda B units

2. It is a Factory install so all Maps & HDD data will be wiped

3. You require V7 Maps

4. Your unit will get renumbered:

Skoda units become 3t0 xxx xxx B

VW units become 1t0 xxx xxxx D

5. You may need to recode with VCDS

Whats Different

1. New Poi Feature (which requires V7 Mapping)

2. Long Press of Setup reveals a menu that says.

FM

AM

VERSION INFO

3. New Compass

4. Lots of Bug Fixes

CDInfo

#CD:P 0 0 5 . 1 5 0 . 3 0 1

#DATE:2010-11-19

#Project: VWRNS

#Author: RoNe

#Steckbrief: C_EU_10.341_t2 C10/C6

#CommentStart:

This is a SWL CD for VW delivery.

#CommentEnd:

#Integrationphase: Delivery cw22/11 C10/C6-samples

#VwSwPartNumber:1T0035680D/1T0035680D/7L6035680C/3T0035680B/7F0035680A/7E0035680A/1T0035680F/1T0035680G

#VwSwIndex:3800/3806/X999/3808/3804/3800/3800

#AppsBuild:C_EU_10.341_t2 C10/C6

#CRC16:4b35

Download Links

http://car2diag.ru/download/other/3800-04-06-08.iso

http://upload.com.ua/link/902151122

I have the .iso image on my computer and i have had a look at it. It does appear to be kosher. It is a lot larger than normal at 654MB. As i said earlier if you install you do so at your own risk.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Carl, my unit part number is as follows, is this a version C because of the suffix A at the end and its a feb 2010 unit

PART # 3TO 035 680 A

HW - 04

SW - 2680

Edited by The Skud

No mate that is an A Revision I'm afraid.

The reason it says 3T0 is because when you flash an A Rev with 0904 firmware or Higher it changes the part no from 1Z0 to 3T0

The only Skoda ones it will work on at the moment are

3T0 035 680 B which are usually found in the Superb and FL Octy (factory fitted)

That's a bit confusing because the Part number is not off the unit screen its off the actual original label on the unit and is a Feb 2010 unit I haven't got VCDS yet to check the info on the unit it actually has 3TO printed on the unit label

Carl, my unit part number is as follows, is this a version C because of the suffix A at the end and its a feb 2010 unit

Yes, it is true version C unit.

Anyway, I don't recommend this firmware to anyone - it is a leaked beta version, with few visual glitches already noticed. It does not add new functionality, except the additional language support, so it will be better to wait the final version which should be available after week 22/2011.

Hello,

I'm Crum des present in Spain, wanted me to clarify a doubt about the firmware modified by Simbo is valid for a drive VW

Part No SW: 1T0 035 680 C HW: 1T0 035 680 A

Component: RNS-MID H04 2660

Sorry for my English

Thanks

No, la versión modificada es sólo para la pre-fl Skoda Octavia rev B unidades. Pedimos disculpas por mi español, la culpa Google Translate! :giggle:

Bienvenido a Briskoda! :hi:

Thanks for the welcome. :D

You can change the firmware so it could be used with the version "A"?

Thanks

Yes, it is true version C unit.

Anyway, I don't recommend this firmware to anyone - it is a leaked beta version, with few visual glitches already noticed. It does not add new functionality, except the additional language support, so it will be better to wait the final version which should be available after week 22/2011.

Cool, I bought better than I realised then! :rofl: if it really is a version C then I got an absolute bargain when I bought it anyway if the update does not add any functionality I'lll leave it as is....its perfect now anyway running V7 Maps! :thumbup:

Hello,

A question for the experts. I have a version "A" RNS510, I can not load the firmware 3800 with the Spanish voice control. It would be possible to make a mix with a 2720 with firmware files "SPEECH" to the Spanish language? It's crazy what I am saying?

THANK YOU

Hi,

I have a 2008, 58, Octavia estate. How can I check what version of Columbus I have?

I've just realised that it won't play SDHC cards so I've decided to upgrade it if I can!

Thanks for any links to guides on how to do it.

Cheers,

Lou

Hello,

A question for the experts. I have a version "A" RNS510, I can not load the firmware 3800 with the Spanish voice control. It would be possible to make a mix with a 2720 with firmware files "SPEECH" to the Spanish language? It's crazy what I am saying?

THANK YOU

It won't be possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone be kind enough to make a table showing which firmware versions are compatible with which Columbus versions?

I've been thinking to upgrade mine, to take advantage of SDHC support, but don't want to risk breaking it! If I knew my options it would make life easier.

• 1 year later...