MKII Non FL Headlight upgrade

DLW

Has anybody changed their headlights for after-market jobbies?

I found these Linky and was wondering if anybody has bought anything from this company or used their products. I would rather have the factory fit look for drl than silly 'bolt to the bumper' kit.

Any thoughts

Darren

A couple of pics from post 77 on:

http://octavia-rs.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3396&pageNo=3

And these are the rear LED lights from Dectane (pictures from post 523 on). All E approved:

http://octavia-rs.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6664&pageNo=18

And these are the rear LED lights from Dectane (pictures from post 523 on)

If you don't mind me saying so, those rear LEDs look distinctly chavvy, and I'm sure they'd likely play hell with the bulb fault indicator :thumbdown:

A couple of pics from post 77 on:

http://octavia-rs.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3396&pageNo=3

And these are the rear LED lights from Dectane (pictures from post 523 on). All E approved:

http://octavia-rs.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6664&pageNo=18

I do like the rear lights mmmmmm (and i'm not a chav :) )

You've got an Octy LE in grey? HMMMMM I would probably buy the black,BUT thats MY opinion.

I think if I have the money I will probably go for black, the silver don't look too bad though if you see the images in magic62's post

I would advise buy with caution

As the ones on the SuperSkoda.com website at 209 Euro a side say "Not for RHD"

oops VWDAN posted as I typed :p

Edited by InexEng

I will send them an email to check if they do RHD, I hope they do. I couldn't get anything like these for my previous car so i might treat myself

Also the next question is, I have had my car connected to vag-com and I have been told my ecu has the same coding as the FL so I have options for turning DRL on if fitted. Do you think I will have the same loom as the FL or do the non FL have connections for DRL?

I would rather have the factory fit look for drl than silly 'bolt to the bumper' kit.

Fitting LED DRL's to your pre FL Octavia will never look factory fit as they were never available.

Even the ones built into the headlights do nothing for me. They just make it look as though you're trying too hard!

I'm seeing more and more older cars where strips of aftermarket LED's have been stuck on, they look awful!

If the Octavia's weren't hidden under the bonnet I'd recommend you get those chrome washer jets that light up too :giggle:

If you don't mind me saying so, those rear LEDs look distinctly chavvy, and I'm sure they'd likely play hell with the bulb fault indicator emoticon-0149-no.gif

I didnt say I like them emoticon-0136-giggle.gif (I dont care anymore, as the A6 has its LED clusters and the DRLs emoticon-0144-nod.gif )

But the bulb fault indicator doesnt play hell with the rear clusters. If they still do so after a longer time, I dont know.

Fitting LED DRL's to your pre FL Octavia will never look factory fit as they were never available.

Even the ones built into the headlights do nothing for me. They just make it look as though you're trying too hard!

I'm seeing more and more older cars where strips of aftermarket LED's have been stuck on, they look awful!

If the Octavia's weren't hidden under the bonnet I'd recommend you get those chrome washer jets that light up too :giggle:

I agree about the strips but lights with built in drl look more 'optional extra' than stuck on, as for the washer jets its such a shame they can't be seen on a Octavia :rofl:

Whileyou are at it, why not slap on a ferrari badge and some fake exhausts too and be done with the mimicry...?

After market DRL's are sad... sorry, my own 2p...

Each to is own i suppose. :) Ferrari badge is a step too far