buying used vrs

Hi,

After the girlfriends purchase of a new vrs cr in may i am now looking at buying a used vrs after christmas. Probably an 06/07 petrol with hopefully less than 40k miles. Is there anything to specificaly watch out for in the way of faults or is it a case of just checking for the usual stuff?

Common Problems

-Check the ESP, an 06/40k example is ripe for failure, plenty of threads on this. (A big repair bill, get it under warranty)

-Water in the spare wheel well, popped off washer pipe, again plenty of threads.

-Seat airbag wiring loom, can be either side, dodgy connection causes fault.

I believe some have had problems with uneven tyre wear and sawtoothing, cant say Ive had that.

Common Problems

-Check the ESP, an 06/40k example is ripe for failure, plenty of threads on this. (A big repair bill, get it under warranty)

-Water in the spare wheel well, popped off washer pipe, again plenty of threads.

-Seat airbag wiring loom, can be either side, dodgy connection causes fault.

I believe some have had problems with uneven tyre wear and sawtoothing, cant say Ive had that.

Is esp standard on an early mk 2 vrs?

Think you misread it, his girlfriend has a diesel! :-)

+1. If you buy a petrol vRS, you'll have the bragging rights!

Is esp standard on an early mk 2 vrs?

I believe it was established in another thread that it was. :yes:. Think it was optional on Mk1

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/180386-esp-abs-issue/page__st__20

halfway down

also to an earlier point all M2 VRS had esp as standard, still got the brochure :thumbup:

Edited by Rhoobarb

looks like i will just have to budget for a replacement should it fail, if i buy a car privately it should be around £800 cheaper than from a dealer, dealer car will have 12 months warranty so its swings and roundabouts. Anyone know if the leon cupra/ fr comes with the same set up?

It affected a lot of cars across the VAG range as well as BMW and Volvo.

Dont let it put you off too much, the Octavia VRS is a cracking car and excellent value for money. I think if you asked most users on here would agree..

Edited by Rhoobarb