vasvas

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 6Qx-937-049-C.lbl

Part No: 6Q1 937 049 D

Component: 0000 BN-SG. 1S34

Coding: 25758

Shop #: WSC 05051

No fault code found.

My next move would be this then

Open controller 01, when it logs in you should, in the upper right corner, see either OOOOSG if cruise isn’t enabled or GOOOSG if cruise is enabled.

To enable cruise, choose option 11 Log In and enter the code 11463.

Close the controller, then open the controller again and confirm that GOOOSG is shown. You can also confirm by starting the car, stopping it and then scanning for codes on controller 01. You should have a fault code logged which reads something like cruise control system signal implausible. Clear the code and put your VAG-COM (VCDS) away

If this is done then id look at getting another stalk.

My next move would be this then

Open controller 01, when it logs in you should, in the upper right corner, see either OOOOSG if cruise isn’t enabled or GOOOSG if cruise is enabled.

To enable cruise, choose option 11 Log In and enter the code 11463.

Close the controller, then open the controller again and confirm that GOOOSG is shown. You can also confirm by starting the car, stopping it and then scanning for codes on controller 01. You should have a fault code logged which reads something like cruise control system signal implausible. Clear the code and put your VAG-COM (VCDS) away

If this is done then id look at getting another stalk.

I've already done that

And this?

And this?

i have the G letter at component field,i don't get any fault code......

• 1 year later...

Hey lads! I've got a quite same problem with the CC on my friend's 2000/2001 Fabia 1.4 MPI AME (dunno if these versions were imported into UK, but nevermind - it's a petrol).

I've plugged the white cable into the T11a connector, inside the PIN number 10, which should be allright for this year/engine. The red cables is inserted into the brake switch and everything else is plugged into the XS3. I even manually doublechecked it with a multimeter.

But the CC isn't working and if I read fault codes in the block 01 Engine I get this - 17977 - Cruise Control Switch (E45): Implausible Signal.

If I read fault codes in the block 09 Central electronic I get his - 895 - Cruise Control Switch (E45): Implausible Signal.

When I chcek the group 066 inside the block 01 Engine I can see changing bits when I am moving with the ON/OFF switch on the stalk, but I get no resposne when I press the SET/RES buttons. Also the clutch/brake switches seem to give good response - so pressuming they are OK.

When I chcek the group 09 inside the block 09 Central eletronic I get only one big ERROR saying that this group doesn't exist/work. But on my '06 Fabia HTP, where I have fully working CC (also installed by myself), the group 09 is showing response to turning the stalk ON/OFF and pressing the buttons through showing text luike "Activated" and "Not oper."

So it basically looks like everything is as it should be, but the damned cruise control isn't working and it is giving a fault code everytime it is turned ON.

Thanks for help!

Cheers from Slovakia

EDIT: yeah, almost forgot - the code of his Central electronic unit is 6Q1 937 049 and the code of his engine unit is 047 906 033. And when the CC is activated it is showing GOOHS in the upper right corner when logged into the 01 engine.

Edited by PavelSK

Nope, the wire is in this connector

http://skoda.panda.cz/obrazky2/430_19.jpg

inside the PIN10 - that is the one in the top row in the middle, right next to the orange/black wire.

It is a rather old model (2000/2001 dunno for sure which one) so I am sure it has to be this white T11a connector and the red one as in my 2006 Fab.

• 6 years later...

I've 2004 Fabia MK1, i wanted to activate cc and went to the service, they've set the wires and ordered genuine cruise control stalk (waited 1 week to get that stalk,they ordered from skoda factory), they've tried for 2 week(they made the cables,connections and necessary vagcom coding) but couldn't be able to activated. When you open the cruise control and push to set button it returns "17977 Implausible Signal" error, they said the BCM comfort unit is is not working well and it causing the problem(part code is  6Q1937 049D),so it needs to change,their price was so expensive and honestly they lost my trust, so i went to second hand part dealers and found the part, when i asked the dealer is it ok to test before buy they said sure, we have changed my BCM unit with new one but it didn't fixed, we thought that maybe second hand part is faulty too and changed with another one but the result was the same, also tried 3 stalk to be sure it's not causing by stalk but result was the same.

So i went to another service (they are not original skoda service, they are providing service to all type of cars), they have checked and said "we are not sure about it but it seems like they (service) only managed connected cables to BCM only,it seems like there is no connection between BCM and clutch pedal and brake pedal,as we said every car is different maybe this car gets signal from pedals from this port but as far as we know for cruise control you need the get signal from pedals and it seems like they haven't made any connection(bridge) from pedal sensors." it makes sense to me.

I want to dig in but i need the diagram for cruise control, i couldn't find any diagram on the internet (or i don't know what exactly i need to search), i was wondering does anyone have the diagram or connection instructions for cruise control so i can follow and check what is missing.

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

I would be checking the white wire that goes to the engine ECU has been correctly located. There are two possible locations for this wire but the genuine instructions only indicates one. 

5486BF70-A918-4C9B-8213-207439ED1A1E.jpeg

Thanks for your quick response, as far as i can remember there wasn't any white cable (or any other color),service used thin yellow cables to manage the connections (all cables are yellow,what a nightmare huh), that's why i'm looking for diagram, me and my dad (he is car technician and his expertise about electricity) will take out all of cables made by service and will re-do with correct colors and sequence (well at least we wil try :) ). I'll take a photo of the connection and sockets and will share here to make it much more clear.

Ah ok. So they ordered a genuine cruise control stalk but not the genuine retrofit kit.

You can order a wiring loom here..

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/bea400002x-cruise-control-wiring-de-21983.html

I will dig out the wiring diagram if you need it though. It's fairly simple.

Edited by Tech1e
Added link

4 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

Ah ok. So they ordered a genuine cruise control stalk but not the genuine retrofit kit.

You can order a wiring loom here..

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/bea400002x-cruise-control-wiring-de-21983.html

I will dig out the wiring diagram if you need it though. It's fairly simple.

yes they've ordered (or they said they are ordering but they lied i don't know) the genuine cc stalk but it looks like they've made connections without original cable, thanks for the link, i'm not sure they are shipping out to other countries (pound is so expensive in my country due to exchange rates but it doesn't look so expensive, but i'm not sure if i can get from Turkish custom,they could add extra taxes) but i'll contact with the site admins, meanwhile if you find the diagram and share it with me that would be great too.

2 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

I have it somewhere. When I started retrofitting MK1 Fabia with cruise control around 18 years ago I used to make my own looms as the kit wasn't available at the time.

Thanks for your time, looking forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...

Hi again,

I bought the cable from https://www.cum-cartec-shop.de/ and today installed by my mechanic, but it's not kicks in, when they checked via pc connection there is no error, before we use original loom it was returning "17977 Implausible Signal" but now no error at all. Mechanic checked the coding twice and it seems correct, connections are made by installation manual (which came with cable), any ideas where or what to check ?

14 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

No fault code in engine or the central electrics controller?

Brake switch and clutch switches working as they should?

Exactly, there is not one single error code on the diagnostic software, checked twice and not a single error code.

What i am doing for test is :  starting the car, reaching >60km speed(manual says cc not working under 40km), switching cc to left (a click sound hears) pushing set button for 2 secs and nothing happens. my stalk is this : https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1iSaGLpXXXXX2XFXXq6xXFXXXK/Cruise-Control-d-n-sinyali-anahtar-Sap-Audi-A2-A6-C5-TT-Skoda-Octavia-Fabia-Seat.jpg

Before we install the loom (one i bought from germany) it was returning implausable signal when you open the cc switch immediately, now it's not returning any error. Also checked the clutch and brake and works just fine.

My mechanic said he can provide a brand new stalk for testing to be sure my stalk is not faulty but he also said if stalk is faulty it should return error, we gonna try it anyway.

He also wondering about red cable in the loom, red cable of the loom is connected as to get 12v when the ignition is activated, he wanted me to ask is it right way or there should be a connection as;

--red cable only gets 12v when press the brake pedal?

--red cable gets 12v when brake pedal is not pressed but when you press the brake pedal 12v should be gone?

2 minutes ago, Tech1e said:

The 12v should be an ignition feed, usually take from the brake pedal switch.

You have checked brake and clutch switches in live data using VCDS?

nope they didn't check via VCDS, they have a software connecting to obd2 port and reading errors, sensor outputs and so on. name is different but i think doing the same job.

20 hours ago, Tech1e said:

The 12v should be an ignition feed, usually take from the brake pedal switch.

You have checked brake and clutch switches in live data using VCDS?

it worked!!!! :) turns out that my stalk is faulty, somehow film cable of the stalk is damaged, replaced with new one and works like a charm, thanks for your time and kindness. 

IMG_20190907_113647.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Really sorry to restart this post again.  I’ve got to a bit of a dead end, I’ve a 2004 VRS, and have wired the male pin to T11b (hole6) the multi pin to XS3, and then piggybacked into the rear wiper fuse for the ignition supply.   I get no errors codes and have the G to show I’ve successfully activated the control via OBD Eleven.   I know the instructions also mention T11a, but then cars without that side of the block to use T11b - would this still work on my car despite having both?? (I got lazy - 11b was ‘much’ easier to access)   If the T11b is fine, then I’m concerned it’s also a stalk issue, as I sources a second hand genuine one on Facebook. 

Anyone able to confirm that I can use either T11a or T11b for the male pin, before I source a new stalk?