Automatic Light Control

Hi Briskodians

When i drive with the Automatic Light Control other motorists is blinking at me all the time.

They are blinking because the both foglights in the back is quite intensive.

Is there anything you can do so they just start when it is foggy?

(I'm not quite sure if you call them foglights or lowbeam lights, but i guess you know what i mean.)

Edited by tomcatdk

Rear ones do not come on like the fronts. they will only work with the headlamp switch in the manual position and the knob pulled out two clicks.

You getting flashed from behind??

When i drive, the lights bright bright red in the rearlamps.

The weird thing is, that in the morning when i drive my car the red bright rearlights arent on. When i drive into a tunnel they activate (with a green lamps icon) and stay on permanently for the duration of the ride. Thats when people start to notice and start blinking.

ANNOYING!

:)

Edited by tomcatdk

When you enter a tunnel, with the lights on auto the only lights that come on at the back are the dim tail lights. Are you sure that the correct bulbs for these are fitted, and that they are also the right way round as I believe these are dual filament bulbs, when you exit the tunnel they should go off very shortly afterwards.

The superb2 only has one rear working foglight, so if the light is from both sides then the issue is elsewhere.

Could also be a faulty brake light switch meaning that the stop lights are on all the time.

"The superb 2 only has one rear working foglight,...."

My Superb II Hatch 2008 had two rear fog lights working.

My new Superb II Estate collected end November has two working rear fog lights.

My Mk I 2002 also had two working fog lights.