Essential options?

With owning an Octy 2, which options do you love/couldn't do without, wish you hadn't bothered to order or really miss not ordering?

You can select as many as you want, I just want a feel for which are the essential ones to own.

Thanks in advance.

If ordering a new Octy vRS Hatch, what would you spec?

Edited by Forum User

Rear sunblind, have found I never use it emoticon-0120-doh.gif

The auto lights, wipers and lights are aceemoticon-0144-nod.gif

Rear parking sensors are essential IMO on an Octavia especially VRS, the graphic display on the Bolero is good party trickemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

The factory Bluetooth is fantastic, instant connection when you start the car, you have to have specified the DSG box though.

I wish I had opted for full leather seats, the standard ones are not the best though not bad

I'd spec pretty much everything.

I have a MK2 vRS which i only specced Maxidot for and retro fitted cruise, Bluetooth, Xenons and MFD3. I have an L&K as well and that has pretty much everything. I definately miss some of the toys when changing between the 2 cars.

Auto lights and mirror? Who can't hit a switch??? Get heated seats - something I long for in the winter. Cruise control seems popular amongst people but I have cruise control - my right foot.

That's what I thought until I got a car with cruise control. Now I wouldn't buy anything without it (Or making immediate plans to fit it after buying). It mostly means that on the open road I won't get caught for drifting over the speed limit, nor do I have to constantly look at the speedo to keep track of my speed. All I need to do is look out the window and steer. Reactio time getting to the brake is about the same, but the chance of me seeing the reason to brake early is higher.

The parking sensors haven't worked properly almost since I bought my car and I can't say I miss them apart from the novelty value. I like the auto wipers, only thing to watch for is that they're off before starting the car if the windscreen is frozen.

Cruise control is standard on vRS now.

I've specced Xenons, Heated seats, Maxi-dot, rear parking sensors and spare wheel.

Out of those I think rear parking sensors will be essential and according to most on here maxi-dot is a no-brainer. Heated seats are also something I've wished we specced on the Fabia many times. The rest are nice-to-haves but worth ordering I think.

I have auto-dimming mirrors on the BMW and they are incredibly useful but I have to draw the line somewhere. Auto-headlights and wipers- again I have on the BMW. I find the wipers very useful, but the lights I could live without. Unfortunately they come as a package so again they get left out.

Things like MDI are I think very personal- it will be the wifes car and she listens to the radio 99% of the time so the standard 6 disc and SD card slot should suffice but with an unlimited budget it would definitely be nice to have. Someone who listens to more music might find it an essential.

The only one I would say is a waste of cash would be the sat nav. It used to be the case that a sat nav headunit was much better looking than the standard radio, but these days you get the large touch screen of the bolero free so £1600 seems extortionate for what a £100 Tom Tom could do better.

I'd say though get as many toys as you can- it's not every day you get to spec a new car!

With the LE there were no optional extras, but it did come with some good stuff included (leathers, maxidot etc). I think leathers are pretty essential if you have young kids - getting melted chocolate (or sick!) off them is a breeze. The one extra I would have liked is rear sensors - the rear view from an octy is not the best and nor is my judgement of distance so for tight spaces it would have been very useful indeed (and prevented me hitting a low wall one time when reversing!). Curtain airbags are also worth the money (what price a life) even though you hope they will never be used. The spare tyre is obviously potentially very good to have but it's probably better to look to get a cheap full sized rim from ebay or whatever and get it fitted with a matc hing tyre and use that - far better than a space saver (allthough a space saver is better than the now standard sludge pump repair to get home thingy).

The spare tyre is obviously potentially very good to have but it's probably better to look to get a cheap full sized rim from ebay or whatever and get it fitted with a matc hing tyre and use that - far better than a space saver (allthough a space saver is better than the now standard sludge pump repair to get home thingy).

That was my initial thinking but the spare tyre option includes a jack as well. No good sourcing a spare from ebay and then having no jack- and there is no way you'd be able to source a wheel, tyre and jack for the £50odd that the spare option costs.