The Aqua Blue Pimpernel has been spotted!

Gizmo

Many of you will have read about the difficulties I have had getting my hands on the car (which is not what THIS thread is about) but eventually i have the car.

I have had a couple of enquires regarding the colour Aqua Blue, now this is difficult to capture in a photo, not only because the car has 500 miles worth of winter road grime on it but also because depending on the light it goes from anything between green, grey and blue (at least when it is dirty).

So here is a picture of it taken on an overcast day sitting on it's 18" Luna alloys (which I am REALLY glad I chose) just before the 16" winter wheels went on, i intended doing a 'before and after' shot but an hour after these was taken it was already under a couple of inches of snow, so they will come later!!

DSC01139-Copy.jpg

DSC01138-Copy.jpg

Looks very nice and thanks for posting pictures. Mine (when I finally get it) will also be aqua blue but with themisto wheels and ivory leather. I like the sunset glass with the aqua blue, glad I ordered that.

I'm hoping aqua blue will be a wash friendly colour (i.e. it doesn't appear to need washing every day)

Enjoy.

Mark.

Edited by 2slo

I'm hoping aqua blue will be a wash friendly colour (i.e. it doesn't appear to need washing every day)

Enjoy.

Mark.

I too ordered Aqua Blue partially for it's ability to hide the dirt, it seems to be doing this very well as the car is really filthy, but the colour has just gone darker, almost grey, but when you open the doors the you can see the true colour that the car will be - or at least I would be able to if there wasn't a 'white out' outside at the moment. :giggle:

Carl I think the other one may be an Octavia? I have seen it on the A260 a couple of times now, but it has always been dark, i only got back in mine late last night so I doubt it was mine you saw :thumbup:

Carl I think the other one may be an Octavia? I have seen it on the A260 a couple of times now, but it has always been dark, i only got back in mine late last night so I doubt it was mine you saw :thumbup:

Was definately a Superb Estate as i asked the wife if she liked it and she said yes (as she doesn't like the hatch). Didn't take any notice of the Reg but obviously was not you :p

Cool, thanks for posting. I ordered aqua blue but wasn't sure about it after I placed the order.

I'm happy with the colour now

that's nice...better than rosso brunello or whatever it's called.

Matter of opinion mate- the twindoor in Rosso Brunello looks the bees knees, so much so I have one on order. The lighter colours are used around here as taxis, while the darker colours look much classier IMHO :thumbup:

DSC01138-Copy.jpg

Hi Nice !

I had an Audi A6 in that colour a few years back and I am reggretting not ordering mine in that colour again as all ways liked it and everybody used to comment on th colour and how clean it was but the wife didnt like it even though she choose the colour !

it still looked good 3 years and 120k miles later

enjoy mine arrives 23rd hopefully and in steel grey

Cheers Andy

there you go thought i had a pic somewere

Skoda lookes better though !!

Andy

Thanks emoticon-0148-yes.gif .

I was seriously tempted with an A6 when I was canceling this one, but I wasn't prepared to compromise on the spec enough to buy one!

Ah finally Gizmo! Glad you finally got the car. It looks great. I've had a Crystal Blue Audi A2 for nine years before my Yeti (the same colour as the A6 above) and I ordered my Yeti in Aqua Blue in April. But with seven months of waiting for mine I had plenty of time to think about things and decided I want something different after nine years... So changed the order and now have a Steel Grey Yeti. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif Enjoy the new car!

Ah finally Gizmo! Glad you finally got the car. It looks great. I've had a Crystal Blue Audi A2 for nine years before my Yeti (the same colour as the A6 above) and I ordered my Yeti in Aqua Blue in April. But with seven months of waiting for mine I had plenty of time to think about things and decided I want something different after nine years... So changed the order and now have a Steel Grey Yeti. emoticon-0136-giggle.gif Enjoy the new car!

oh somebody else how had an A2

the wife had one when i had the A6 cracking car and quick we had the 1.6 fsi

but the thing that alway made me laugh was the way the car rocked in the rain due to large wiper and light car !!

Andy

What a stunning looking limosine of an Estate! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Havent seen one in Stoke yet but think I may wander over to the Superb as the next motor (albeit 24months time) as the VRS seats dont suit emoticon-0124-worried.gif

oh somebody else how had an A2

the wife had one when i had the A6 cracking car and quick we had the 1.6 fsi

but the thing that alway made me laugh was the way the car rocked in the rain due to large wiper and light car !!

Andy

Yes the original wiper that it came out did rock the car. But 2002 they changed to a floppy wiper and rocking stopped. I metro fitted one to my A2. There are at least two other Yeti owners or would be owners on this forum that have owned or own A2s!