Engine won't stop 2.0 pd

Hello guys. When I went out to my car today the battery was flat. I hadn't left the lights on or anything like that. I got a jump start from a friend and now the car won't stop. I had to remove the battery.

I have had trouble with my reversing sensor recently, could these be related?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Edited by superdoug

Hello guys. When I went out to my car today the battery was flat. I hadn't left the lights on or anything like that. I got a jump start from a friend and now the car won't stop. I had to remove the battery.

It wont stop? :S

Or start?

Disconnecting the battery isn't going to do the engine much good when it's running. Pretty sure diesels stop by putting the ignition down to ground, disconnecting the battery is going to damage the alternator and electrical system. Obviously I appreciate there was no other way to stop the engine though!

Thanks for the responses guys. Here is an update.

As I said before. My reversing sensors have stopped working, So I reconnected the battery and started the car. It stopped as normal. I took it out for a drive when i got back i turned off the key, the engine kept running. I pulled the fuse for the reversing sensors, the engine stopped.

Somehow the permanent live and switched live are shorting on that circuit. I have left that fuse out for now. Does anyone know where the controller is for parking sensors?

Dan,

No ignition on a diesel! Diesels just stop the fuel flowing which kinda kills them...

TD

Okey dokey! I know with marine diesels if you remove the key from the ignition switch it won't stop the engine unless you switch over to "engine stop" before removing the key, so I assumed it grounded the ignition to kill the engine.

Sounds like a poor earth on the battery or engine, or you could have spiked the ecu when starting whth leads,the ecu will turn of the injectors and or fuel pressure sensor to stop engine,

no stop solinoid on a HDI or PD engine, first thing do a voltage drop on earths and check all fuese .

I have a skoda fabia 1.9 diesel. Was getting a strange sighing sound when I turned the engine off. Turns out that there is a vacuum activated engine stop valve (stops the engine from running on after u turn the ignition off) and what I was hearing the air going back in to break the vacuum after the engine stopped. It could be that the motor/engine/pipe that creates the vacuum is not working properly.

Sorry everyone. My earlier post is unclear. The problem is with the reversing sensors. I have pulled the fuse to them and the faults have all dissappeared.

So now all i need to know is where the parking sensor controller is?