FLAT SPOT

Here's my problem !! This is a weird one by the way, because it only happens on a certain road that i drive on every day, so before anyone wants to answer with '' DON'T DRIVE ON THAT ROAD'', thats not an option for me.

When i come over a sharp hill (like a hump back bridge) type road , i lose all acceleration for about 3 seconds then it sorts it's self out but may lose it again whlie going downhill.

The only thing i can liken it to would be what you would get if there was no fuel left. This happens every time at the same spot. It make no difference whether there's 1/4 tank or full.

It went into dealer who couldn't find a fault when hooked up to the computer. They changed the ful filter housing, saying it could be drawing air, but this has not made any difference at all.

Dealer is 40 miles away & will not test drive car that far away !!

Any suggestions

If I remember correctly, there was a thread earlier this year about someone with a CR vRS having a similar issue and he was told it was a characteristic of the car, don't think it was 3 seconds it cut out for though, maybe only a second or so...

If I remember correctly, there was a thread earlier this year about someone with a CR vRS having a similar issue and he was told it was a characteristic of the car, don't think it was 3 seconds it cut out for though, maybe only a second or so...

It does seem this this issue in the OP's case. I experienced this in my 1.6CR aswell.

It seems like the ASR would cut power as you go over a hump in the road as the feeling is exactly the same as ASR cutting power.

Here's my problem !! This is a weird one by the way, because it only happens on a certain road that i drive on every day, so before anyone wants to answer with '' DON'T DRIVE ON THAT ROAD'', thats not an option for me.

When i come over a sharp hill (like a hump back bridge) type road , i lose all acceleration for about 3 seconds then it sorts it's self out but may lose it again whlie going downhill.

The only thing i can liken it to would be what you would get if there was no fuel left. This happens every time at the same spot. It make no difference whether there's 1/4 tank or full.

It went into dealer who couldn't find a fault when hooked up to the computer. They changed the ful filter housing, saying it could be drawing air, but this has not made any difference at all.

Dealer is 40 miles away & will not test drive car that far away !!

Any suggestions

I must admit, mine does strange things at times. I just put it down to all the clever stuff doing its bit to keep the power up and emissions down. Most of the time it runs perfectly smoothly, but every now and again it'll throw the occasional wobbly. Too clever by half, these modern cars. ;-)