Some S#@$Bag stole my wing mirror casing

Just venting my frustration!! :swear:

Got home from work to have the opposite house neighbour come out and tell me someone has knocked our wing mirror, checked it out and the glass was loose, and the casing shell was missing! The glass was intact, just needed pushing back on (which is lucky as I have the dimming mirrors). So had a look around to see if I can see some of the shattered plastic, however nothing! Looks like someone has stolen the casing!! :finger: I live on a main road, which is really busy. Can't believe the nerve of some people!!

Looking around to get a replacement now, any ideas where from? Looked on ebay and they seem to be selling full wing mirrors? :wall: I need the drivers side in black (tis for the one with puddle lights)

You have my sympathy. I'm on the lookout for a Black Magic passenger side mirror cover (well actually the whole assembly needs replacing really, but it's a start!) so if you happen to find a pair of Black Magic covers, give me a shout as I'll have the other side.

Steve

You have my sympathy. I'm on the lookout for a Black Magic passenger side mirror cover (well actually the whole assembly needs replacing really, but it's a start!) so if you happen to find a pair of Black Magic covers, give me a shout as I'll have the other side.

Steve

Well my faith in people has somewhat been restored!!

My next door neighbour knocked on my door and handed my my casing, he found it on my bonnet so he took it in incase someone nabbed it.

Looks like some clipped it as the plastic looks a bit broken. Will check how much damage there is tomorrow in the day light! Still not great, but feel better that someone not stole it!

Well my faith in people has somewhat been restored!!

My next door neighbour knocked on my door and handed my my casing, he found it on my bonnet so he took it in incase someone nabbed it.

Looks like some clipped it as the plastic looks a bit broken. Will check how much damage there is tomorrow in the day light! Still not great, but feel better that someone not stole it!

If its fooked and it is the drivers side, I may be able to help, I had to replace my complete o/s mirror recently due to some ar5e smashing it off. Anyway got the whole thing including a new primed casing but the old one was fine so I have the new one sitting in the garage. I'm sure we could come to some financial arrangement that would be mutually benefical. ;)

The shell is quiet cheap, but comes in primer ready for painting from a main dealer. I suspect its a main dealer part anyway, and the cost of getting painted will be the biggest issue. Mirror glass will have been lose because you need to remove it to get at the clips that hold the shell in place.

The shell is 80 euro from the dealer plus 60 euro to have it painted.

That's daylight robbery! I paid 85 quid for a complete mirror from the bay, ok so it's not OE, but I defy anyone to tell the difference! I would sell my casing for £15!

where is the bay? Is it ebay? You can't save much on the painting job though. I asked several people, the price ranged from 60 to 80 euro.

Sorry, yes the bay is indeed ebay, if you shop around you will definately get a better price than that for example, a firm local to me colour coded my grill and sprayed and fitted my rear spoiler for £100!

You can now get the mirror covers from TPS and dealers pre painted in your vehicles colour for common colours.

TPS??

My wife has done a good job of sticking it back on using some sticky tape! (just to keep it dry really)

Probably will have to get a replacement casing. So does anyone have a spare preferably in black magic to avoid painting?

You can now get the mirror covers from TPS and dealers pre painted in your vehicles colour for common colours.

Any rough idea on price from those two sources Mark?

If you should need a new one:

(grundiert is primer, ready to be painted, just as lackierfähig. Schwarz is black. Links or Fahrerseite is left, Rechts or beifahrerseite is right)

http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=octavia+spiegelkappe*&_sacat=See-All-Categories

The black is matt instead of black magic.