The Fabia vRS Review and Photo thread

vRSy

Hi all,

Just picked up our new VRS today! Got it in the new steel grey colour, with new badges and black grill as standard.

Happy happy happy!! Sorry about quality - iphone piccies!

Enjoy,

Very nice first I have seen in that colour, enjoy:-)

Skoda1_zpseab2ef0b.jpgSkoda2_zps3a356623.jpgSkoda3_zps43d8ccf7.jpg

Hi all,

Just picked up our new VRS today! Got it in the new steel grey colour, with new badges and black grill as standard...

Sweet colour, I've been looking for one in the flesh and haven't found it. It looks mint, I can't wait now!

Ordered Steel Grey Vrs myself but with the black alloys. Will also have to consider a black roof wrap. Yea....!

Hi Guys, here are a couple of my car. (I think I posted the first one before.)

Second one is the car with the winter wheels on and silver wheel trims. Not a fancy photo like the last few, but good for a comparison... The colours are a bit off due to the lighting.

15163a168012857.jpg 222f6b168012961.jpg

I'm guessing those are 15" wheels?

Very nice "arty" photos - interesting play with the light.

Cheers, was just out for a quiet drive that evening, sun was shining and thought that would be a nice spot for a few piccies, only used my phone (Galaxy S3) and the onboard photo editor to apply the 'contrast' filter and fade frame, nothing else touched.

Photography is not about the kit, as you showed, but about creativness and ability to put what you see through your peepers on digital media :). YOu can see it on Brin's photos, first is very good athe second not so. Also shows how much better black alloys look on the ame car and what they do to the overall impression.

Photography is not about the kit, as you showed, but about creativness and ability to put what you see through your peepers on digital media :). YOu can see it on Brin's photos, first is very good athe second not so. Also shows how much better black alloys look on the ame car and what they do to the overall impression.

Photography isn't about phone apps either.

It's just a tool. No difference to any other tool really. Tools do not make a good tradesman, do they? Plenty of people spending ££££ on top of the range kit and photos despite being sharp and well exposed are dull as pound of parsnips. Then you can have excellent snaps taken with basic point and shoot cheapos or phone cameras... Also, the same picture could evoke near religious experiences in one person but another will not look at it twice...

Hey all, just picked up our new fabia vrs from Lincoln skoda and I'm mightily impressed with it.

I've come from a background of hot hatches (206, Saxo, clio 197 etc) and while this car is not the greatest in a single aspect, for the value for money and performance it's cracking.

I love the dsg and for my first auto it's great, I just need to get used to setting off but its so smooth. Looking forward to piling the miles on until its run in, been a very long since I've driven for pleasure!

I did the usual recommendations about collecting with the tpm, oil, spare wheel and kit and have everything crossed that I'll have no problems

I'll take photos tomorrow and put them up, only snag I've had is it came with an iPod cable and I asked/emailed for a USB one. Sales guy said that's what it came with and they didn't have any that they could swap. Ordered one off fleabay for a fiver so hopefully be here for the weekend.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums theane :).

I am glad you are liking your vRS, especially having come from other hot hatches. Some mebers here tend be of an opinion that compared to Clio197 vRS is pants in all aspect :D.

As for the cable I ordered USB one off fleebay as well and I am having problems with it. When MIDI switched on first thing it throws hissy fits i.e. bad sound distortions, like if there was a connection problem... Switch streo off, disconnect, reconnect and all is good - very wierd. Thing is the cable looks exactly like OEM one and was sold as one as well...

I'll see how I can get on with the cable but I've had mp3 CD players before so I can cope.

What people need to understand with a fabia is it isn't a hardcore top dollar hot hatch. Heck a polo or seat aren't quite there yet but are getting in the act.

I bought the car in the knowledge that it will be 80% the fun I had with clio and focus st with about 80% or less cost. If you really want a proper driving experience with speed and power, buy something older that fits the bill.

Maybe I'm getting too old and this will be my last hot hatch but if it is I think I'll build a kitcar for a driving thrill

I know that car looks better without them, but I put them due to practical reasons. I don't want to see my doors destroyed by idiots on parking...

• Like 2