Castle Combe Spring Action Day 09/04/11 - £30 all-in

devonutopia

Has anyone got any issues if my now wrc-less brother hides his :smirk: Clio on the brisk stand somewhere ?

A back corner or sumin :thumbup:

He hasnt been to castle coombe before and is coming along with me and the briskfolk im meeting before hand

Im going to guess i'll have us there early so can sort where to park :giggle: And clean the dust of my yummy new wheels ;)

We don't really have a back corner this year due to being in a different place. Can't he just jump in your car to get there?? Obviously I have made a couple of concessions on the 100% Skoda thing this year, with an Ibiza, a Clio and an Edition 30 and an Audi, but I would really like to keep it as Skoda as possible.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that the public car parks will be open so the Clio can go in there

If he parked at Quarry it'd be a 2 minute walk to the stand.

And yes i'll happily stick the Beezer in the carpark/a ditch/a skip/a crusher if it helps :)

Don't forget that the public car parks will be open so the Clio can go in there

If he parked at Quarry it'd be a 2 minute walk to the stand.

And yes i'll happily stick the Beezer in the carpark/a ditch/a skip/a crusher if it helps :)

Hehe :giggle: i will not show my hate for clios so i will simply say... I shall tell him :smirk:

Im prob going to have my followers there between 8:15 - 8:30 so he will get rite near the steps to quarry anyhoo

I'll be getting in as much track time as possible, track time can be purchased on the day from the strawford centre which is attached to the garage where the track briefings are done.

Car's all ready mechaniclly, New drive shafts fitted last weekend along with arb rubbers, oil and filter change, new plugs, tyres swapped around and pressures checked. Just needs a quick wash off as a bit dusty where not being used much at the mo.

front bumper mounted track camera is all charged, race suit is all washed and dried, tank is filled with the finest 99ron money can buy........... coombe here we come!!!!

B)B)B)

Christ on a bike!!

I've taken old faithful to the local £5 wash and scratch and topped up the washer fluid.

I might stretch to fitting some centre caps to the wheels, weather permitting :giggle:

Oh, and I've put a spare wheel in :thumbup:

Anyone else partaking in more track sessions on the day?

SWMBO has been asking what I wanted for my birthday.... Can't help thinking it'd be fun pitching old faithful up against some "foreign" machinery :giggle:

Ive got another one booked for 12.15,my wife phoned and booked it last week.I would imagine it would be preety much sold out by now,it usually is although some people sell theirs on the day eg if they have broke their car or had enough.

I can bring along my VAG-COM if that helps anyone? Although, I don't fancy data logging around the track :D I get car sick :p

I can also add window control on the remote key fob for MK1 Octys if anyone wishes B) - and yes I have done this on mine.

Also if anyone is bringing along a standard mapped '04 - '05 MK1 Octy vRS I would be keen on having a chat.

See you at Chieveley services.

Higgy.

Hi,if time/circumstances permit i could do with a few tweeks to my fabia,for a small donation of coarse!

Ive got another one booked for 12.15,my wife phoned and booked it last week.I would imagine it would be preety much sold out by now,it usually is although some people sell theirs on the day eg if they have broke their car or had enough.

I'll likely see what's available on the day dependant on how generous SWMBO is feeling :giggle:

I will also be bringing lappy and VCDS/VAG-COM if anyone needs owt.

I'm kicking Will off the circuit if he turns up in a dirty car! ;)

28 TRACK SPOTS TAKEN

29 - Hedge - R32

30 - Dan Yeates - mk2 Octavia VRS Estate

31 - Big Gray - Ibiza Cupra

32 - Octygone - Yeti

33 - MrsJonny5ive and JRJonny5ive - Roomster Scout

34 - Lloyd55vrs - Octavia vRS Mk1

35 - FabiaJames - Fabia vRS MK1

36 - Gareth_1.8T - Fabia vRS SE

37 - martyn1976-octy Wrc 100

38 - grr666- Fabia vRS Mark 1

39 - lisa vrs - Octavia vRS mk1

40 - Mr Fish - MkII Octy vRS

41 - Charlie vrs - Octy MkII FL vRS

42 - Reavenger - Fabia vRS mkII

43 - Chris - Banana Octy2 vRS derv

44 - Bowders1 - Octavia vrs MK1

45 - Mountie66 - Octavia vrs mk1

46 - CarnivalClown - MKII FL Octavia 1.4tsi

47 - Matt-sab - Fabia vRS

48 - farmer11 Fabia vRS MK1

49 - Chippenhamwilts - Octavia 2 vRS TDI.

50 - banditbarron - octavia 1 vRS

51 - Stigy_vrs_fabia

52 - foey- Fabia vRS Mk 1

53 - ch1ccn - Fabia vRS Mk II (yet to be collected!)

54 - wid cg vrs - octavia 2 vrs

55 - s_matt fab vrs

56 - Higgy 69 - mk1 octy vRS

57 - Korban O - Fabia vRS SE

58 - Will Tigger1979 - Fabia vRS+ SWMB

59 - Paige - Felicia Derv "old skool"

60 - DavRS - Octavia FL MK2 vRS TDI DSG

61 - jakeeey - Fabia vRS

62 - jakeeey's mate - Fabia vRS

63 - andy854 - Octavia MK1 vRS

64 - Honestcharlie - Fabia vRS mk1

65 -

66 -

67 - (keep going)

I'm kicking Will off the circuit if he turns up in a dirty car! ;)

Oh dear. Yetis like mud I'm afraid. Mine might still be very muddy from our Yeti Adventure to Surrey. And there is no time between now and Saturday to clean the thing alas. Hope Yetis have special dispensation to be the dirty ones on track! :yes: (I did however have time last night to take the bike rack and roof bars off as these won't be good on a track I know).

I'll have cleaning equipment with me. You can borrow the bucket & washmitt. ;)

I'd love some AS Tardis to get rid of my tar spots if you (anyone) would be willing to offer me a few sprays

I spent all day yesterday and all day today (up to 3pm -- having a break) cleaning/preparing the car and I haven't even begun polishing/waxing it yet! All the wheels have been removed, cleaned, polished, sealed and tyre sprayed but no doubt it will be filthy after the 150 mile drive there. :( Fingers crossed for weather like today, I think I've actually got a little bit burnt working on the car!

Tyre pressure check

Brakes check

Wheels removed, cleaned and torqued back up check

Screen fluid full check

New oil + filter check

Boost pipes secured/checked check

Spare MAF in boot check

Full tank of V-Power check

Windows cleaned inside and out by my nan check

Phoned break down cover and said if I push the car away from the circuit I can be recovered if breakdown/crash - check

Drivers licence in dashboard ready for track - check

wowzers people really go all out don't they.

I think i'll wash the Fabia, maybe add a dose of Millers and be done with it.

I'm undecided about if this meet is a special enough occasion to grace the Ibiza with a sponge for the first time or not!

Anyone else partaking in more track sessions on the day?

SWMBO has been asking what I wanted for my birthday.... Can't help thinking it'd be fun pitching old faithful up against some "foreign" machinery :giggle:

ME! of course, 3 extra sessions booked, would have had more but it's getting expensive now at Coombe and only 15mins. :thumbdown: (If yer lucky) I've got used to Open Pitlane now, hour session at a time for me :thumbup: . Coombe will be my 4th. trackday this year, I just can't help myself. There sometimes a few sessions available on the day but late afternoon.