Rear Speaker Change GUIDE

Tas

Right guys here goes

Pull back carpet on the side of the boot and you'll see this

th_3b4a02d9.jpg

Tools i used

th_93466937.jpg

th_40822aca.jpg

Undo the 4 torq screws holding in the speaker, 3 are easily accessible 1 is a pain you have to remove the rear seat belt unit which is held on by 1 17mm nut

th_6691908e.jpg

Once the speaker is off unclip the two clips with the cables in

Heres the bit to concentrate on

Cut the four cables close to the connector giving yourself as much slack as you can

When cutting the cable supplied leave yourself plenty of slack like so

th_3f00d143.jpg

Left side green & red

Right side brown & blue

i wanted to keep the rear door tweeters in so its easy but if you want to remove them you have to separate the pairs of cable and test which ones are from the stereo and which ones go to the tweeters, then connect the pair from the stereo to the pair from the new speakers

Left side green/black is neg so link to red/black and obis the others together

Right side brown/white is neg so link to black

if wanting the tweeters just connect the other pair to the correct colours

Because i wanted the rear speakers working i used a 3 way crimp

th_a6557e27.jpg

Both speakers together

th_e941f7e5.jpg

Then simply put them all back together first side took me about 15 minutes so i got my head around it. Then the second took me literally 2 minutes

Any questions PM me

Hope this helps a few people

Really advanced drawing of how the crimps should look for connecting the rear tweeter in to below :yes:

Edited by Tas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, I did mine this pm too. What I did was have the radio on and unplug the right cables (the speaker will go silent if you've disconnected the right one.) Then cut one wire and connect the fat spade connector to it. Attach this to the new speaker terminal and then you can connect the wire still in the original connector to the narrow terminal on the new speaker to check operation. You can then finalize connections and solder etc. If you wish. Mine was easy, it's not a difficult operation. The speakers sound better but do distort at high levels as they're only cheap. Still good though!

If fitting to a model without wiring (classic etc) would recommend feeding it out the back of the glovebox and under the trim to the back of the car as per instructions but in reverse compared to diagram. I cannot remember if the B pillar trim has to come off to remove the bottom trim, but it is quite difficult to remove the B pillar trim without breaking it. I suppose you could just push the wires up underneath it, or another option is to lengthen the wires and hide them under the trim that goes over the top of the doors. The rear trims by the rear seats come off easy.

Sorry for the lame diagram but it was done on my iPad.

Showing what each connection should look like.

This is for linking the rear door tweeters

th_12d8fcdb.png

th_9c7f4120.png

Sorry I couldn't rotate pics hope it helps

Wow at £3 for 10 lol. If there wasn't so many people who bought these I'd offer to send 4 but I think they'd notice when I go through a tub of 500 in 3 days lol

May be i do not get it, but i have done mine i just put the two plus wires together and tape to the red wires then two neg wires together then tape then taped to the black.Is that right so you do not need the 3 way fitting when you are putting 2 wires in to one.Is that right.

Maybe the guy selling them on ebay works for BT :D:rofl: I haven't come across them before but TBH the price isn't bad if they're as good as they sound, compared with the price of other things like glue lined heat shrink butt connectors. I wonder how good these would be for installing car alarms (most in the industry slate the standard scotchloks for a number of reasons, and say the only way to connect wires is solder + heatshrink/insulation tape).

Maybe the guy selling them on ebay works for BT :D:rofl: I haven't come across them before but TBH the price isn't bad if they're as good as they sound, compared with the price of other things like glue lined heat shrink butt connectors. I wonder how good these would be for installing car alarms (most in the industry slate the standard scotchloks for a number of reasons, and say the only way to connect wires is solder + heatshrink/insulation tape).

Tbh they are brilliant. Hardly ever fail. Bt wouldn't use em if they were cack

May be i do not get it, but i have done mine i just put the two plus wires together and tape to the red wires then two neg wires together then tape then taped to the black.Is that right so you do not need the 3 way fitting when you are putting 2 wires in to one.Is that right.

Bit confused by what you mean mate. Think you need to reword it in English :rofl: