New Bluetooth / RSAP Module

Maybe so, but the 3C8 Does what i want (Music Streaming, HFP and rSAP if needed) and requires no coding in a 2010 Superb...

What does the "D" do that the 3C8 does not?

Al.

Nothing as as according to my local dealer, the Rev D Unit is purely a part number change of the 3C8 unit to fit in with the numbering system of the Golf MK VI......as far as coding is concerned, none required for mine either, just plugged it in and it worked out of the box.....

Ok, apparently mine needs the coding, if you have VAG, could kindly post the proper settings that can be read out of your vehicle. I guess your car does not have telephone cradle. I would very much appreciate any help on this.

Sorry, for being confusing, I do not have either! That's the point, I am sure that your setting without the phone cradle should be identical to mine. May be anybody else who has VAG COM could post the proper coding for RNS 510 and new new BT without phone cradle.

Sorry, for being confusing, I do not have either! That's the point, I am sure that your setting without the phone cradle should be identical to mine. May be anybody else who has VAG COM could post the proper coding for RNS 510 and new new BT without phone cradle.

:wonder: i also have no Cradle, and, as "The Skud" all is working fine..

I dont have a VAG COM so cant get my coding for you :S sorry cant help!

Al.

There seems to be a 3C8 part number that is rSAP only, so worth checking that you're getting the right one. My car was one of the first off the production line back in September 2008, and is definitely rSAP only.

However, the VAG-COM log shows the phone module as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 77: Telephone

Control Module Part Number: 3C8 035 730

Component and/or Version: Telefon 2800

Software Coding: 0020121

Work Shop Code: WSC xxxxx

Having said all that, my car does seem to prove that the 3C8 and 5N0 part numbers are interchangeable.

Think I'm going to have to give this module swap a go, as I'm sick and fed up of waiting for either Apple or Google to implement rSAP. Let's be honest, it's going to be a long time before Nokia have a competitive smartphone again.

Andy.

There seems to be a 3C8 part number that is rSAP only, so worth checking that you're getting the right one. My car was one of the first off the production line back in September 2008, and is definitely rSAP only.

However, the VAG-COM log shows the phone module as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 77: Telephone

Control Module Part Number: 3C8 035 730

Component and/or Version: Telefon 2800

Software Coding: 0020121

Work Shop Code: WSC xxxxx

Having said all that, my car does seem to prove that the 3C8 and 5N0 part numbers are interchangeable.

Think I'm going to have to give this module swap a go, as I'm sick and fed up of waiting for either Apple or Google to implement rSAP. Let's be honest, it's going to be a long time before Nokia have a competitive smartphone again.

Andy.

Andy, the important difference on your module is the Suffix 'A' that you don't have the 3C8 units need to be suffix A whilst the 5NO units need to be suffix D I would give the module swap a go an et the module for a good price from ebay, I used a seller called ukmegaseller and paid £115 delivered, very quick delivery and it is the latest 5NO rev D unit

Edited by The Skud

Two more plus's that I have found with the new module in RSAP mode, connects quickly from initialisation of the phone to fully connected in 30 seconds or less, sometimes the old module would take 5 minutes which a PIA, also the voice dialling with this module now supports voice dialling from then whole phonebook not just those with preset voicetags so you just say 'call office' and it will find office in the phonebook and call it......brilliant :thumbup:

Andy, the important difference on your module is the Suffix 'A' that you don't have the 3C8 units need to be suffix A whilst the 5NO units need to be suffix D I would give the module swap a go an et the module for a good price from ebay, I used a seller called ukmegaseller and paid £115 delivered, very quick delivery and it is the latest 5NO rev D unit

Understood. The main reason I posted this was due to some talk in the Superb II forum, where the discussion indicated that if you had a 3C8 module, you should have both rSAP and HFP. The post didn't mention the 'A' suffix at all, which, as you say, is REALLY important.

I've also ordered from ukmegaseller, but not actually had any acknowledgment of my payment (and it's been over 24 hours now). How quickly did yours arrive?

I'm also going to do the voice control mod at the same time, but I'm having difficulty sourcing some of the bits. It seems that VW will no longer let you order 1x some of the repair wires (you have to buy in units of 5). For one of them in particular, it means spending nearly 15 quid just to get two connectors. At that rate, it would be cheaper to buy the Kufatec cable that does the same job. I've now found the part numbers for the individual crimp connectors, so I'm going to see if these are any cheaper from the dealer tomorrow.

Andy.

Understood. The main reason I posted this was due to some talk in the Superb II forum, where the discussion indicated that if you had a 3C8 module, you should have both rSAP and HFP. The post didn't mention the 'A' suffix at all, which, as you say, is REALLY important.

I've also ordered from ukmegaseller, but not actually had any acknowledgment of my payment (and it's been over 24 hours now). How quickly did yours arrive?

I'm also going to do the voice control mod at the same time, but I'm having difficulty sourcing some of the bits. It seems that VW will no longer let you order 1x some of the repair wires (you have to buy in units of 5). For one of them in particular, it means spending nearly 15 quid just to get two connectors. At that rate, it would be cheaper to buy the Kufatec cable that does the same job. I've now found the part numbers for the individual crimp connectors, so I'm going to see if these are any cheaper from the dealer tomorrow.

Andy.

Hi Andy, he didn't acknowledge the sale, but did reply quickly to contact, it took about a week in all to arrive so I wouldn't worry, was very well packaged and came in from Portugal.

Not True! - if you look on eBay, you wont find a B module for the 3C8 part number. (even googling it, only bring up 4 or so pages, with nothing in English) - so no need for an "A" as it does not exist on eBay (3C8035730) - i stared the post, and had done my research.

However!

The 5N0035730 has 4 revisions, A, B, C and D.

Only D will work with HFP and rSAP - and reportedly (above) D is a 3C8 module, in drag.

Al.

....so no need for an "A" as it does not exist on eBay (3C8035730)...

Al,

I don't understand that comment - if I search on ebay for 3C8035730A i find a number of units (admittedly with cables rather than just the module). Could you explain pls?

Thanks,

Steve

Not True! - if you look on eBay, you wont find a B module for the 3C8 part number. (even googling it, only bring up 4 or so pages, with nothing in English) - so no need for an "A" as it does not exist on eBay (3C8035730) - i stared the post, and had done my research.

However!

The 5N0035730 has 4 revisions, A, B, C and D.

Only D will work with HFP and rSAP - and reportedly (above) D is a 3C8 module, in drag.

Al.

Al, thinking about it you are probably quite right on this as the VW part numbering system always seems to have a Suffix starting with A with subsequent revisions being the suffix change rather than the whole part number so given that the 3C8 Unit was the first revision and it was apparently designated as a part for the passat CC ( which is in its first model revision itself) unlike the 5NO units that have been fitted to the Golf platform in Mk V and V1 guises as bluetooth only, RSAP only, RSAP and Bluetooth, it makes sense that the 5NO units would now be on a later revision i.e D and the 3C8 unit would still be on A as it was released pretty recently with the Passat CC ....Hope that makes sense :yes:

Al,

I don't understand that comment - if I search on ebay for 3C8035730A i find a number of units (admittedly with cables rather than just the module). Could you explain pls?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Search world-wide on eBay and you'll find about 20 listings, some without cables, at a fair price.

As the Skud has said, the 3C8 module, was only made in one revision. This module, will accept both rSAP and HFP. (believe me, i have one in my Superb; see Superb forum)

The original part for Skoda, is a 5N0 module; this has had 4 incarnations, suffixed, A, B, C and D.

A through C are not what you need only (C was originally fitted into my Superb, and is rSAP only) D however, is rSAP and HFP.

So, Either 3C8035730A or 5N0035730D will be suitable replacements.

Hope that helps! :yes:

Al.

ps. I'm begining to confuse myself! :giggle:

Hi Steve,

Search world-wide on eBay and you'll find about 20 listings, some without cables, at a fair price.

As the Skud has said, the 3C8 module, was only made in one revision. This module, will accept both rSAP and HFP. (believe me, i have one in my Superb; see Superb forum)

The original part for Skoda, is a 5N0 module; this has had 4 incarnations, suffixed, A, B, C and D.

A through C are not what you need only (C was originally fitted into my Superb, and is rSAP only) D however, is rSAP and HFP.

Al.

thanks for the clarification - I was trying to figure out which i needed for an Octavia (currently no kit) and i think you've pretty much nailed it for me

I have an Octavia vRS MY2010 - But struggling to see how to get access to the bt box - Can anybody advise how I get easy access to do the swap as the seat wont go far enough back. I would rather not have to remove the seat though. Is there an easy way ?

Thanks again in advance

D

Hi Steve,

Al.

Hi Al,

The 3C8 module must have been made in at least two revisions.

My car (Superb Elegance from Oct. 2008) has a "3C8 035 730" (no A), and definitely does not support HFP. I've confirmed the part number with VAG-COM and a physical inspection of my module.

So, there must be at least two versions of the 3C8 module, one which doesn't support HFP (non-A) and one which does (with the A).

Andy.

Edited by Bagpuss

I have an Octavia vRS MY2010 - But struggling to see how to get access to the bt box - Can anybody advise how I get easy access to do the swap as the seat wont go far enough back. I would rather not have to remove the seat though. Is there an easy way ?

Thanks again in advance

D

The screws have a hex drive on the outside like a standard bolt, slide the plastic cover towards the front of the car then just use a small spanner to undo them, they are not tight so 1/4 turn and they are removable by hand! no need to remove the seat

• 4 weeks later...

Posted in the thread in Superb area but maybe more relevant here.

I successfully swapped the boxes for the 'D' (dead simple - not sure why I worried !). But my Samsung Galaxy that connects with my old bluetooth over rsap, now only connects HFP ! My old Nokia connects fine with rsap and does all the extra things this unit should like sms on the columbus screen etc. Anybody any thoughts how to get the Galaxy connecting with rsap on the new box ? U should add the box seems to work fine as my wifes Sony-E connects now perfectly on HFP.

Any help appreciated.

D

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can see on ebay, the above are only compatible with later cars with the white maxidot, not the earlier cars with the grey? maxidot.

Is that correct?

If so, is there an equivalent rSAP and HFP module for earlier cars that will still integrate with Columbus/Bolero?

Thanks

• 8 months later...