Yeti delivery time

skippy70

Hi,

I have just ordered today ( 24 Jan 2011) my new Yeti Elegance CR 170. Am still waiting for info on delivery but have been told roughly 6 - 8 months.

Has anyone else ordered recently and got a more accurate lead time?

Will this length of wait mean it will go in to the new model year 2012?

still waiting for info on delivery but have been told roughly 6 - 8 months.

Hello and welcome from another 170 owner.

I would think at least 6-8 months. I ordered mine mid July 2010 and collected 23 weeks later. This was before the diesel engine shortage and any effect Top Gear might have! 2012 MY will be late May (Week 22?).

Andy

Edited by AndyC

Hi,

I have just ordered today ( 24 Jan 2011) my new Yeti Elegance CR 170. Am still waiting for info on delivery but have been told roughly 6 - 8 months.

Well, yes I think so. I had to wait over 5 months and mine was delivered nearly 2 months ago, but there are some on here who have waited much longer. After yesterday's Top Gear, expect much longer lead times........

MY12 happens around end may 2011.

Mike

Ordered my 110 4x4 beginning of November and initially expected build to be in February, however this now appears unlikely, so we boldly go into the unknown emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

MY12 should commence production on the 30/05/2011 build week 22; this was the switch last year from MY10 to MY11. There will be one or two changes, such as new gearboxes for a number of the engines offered but how they differ from the current ones is at present is unknown.

Regards,

TP

Hi,

Happy birthday - Born Today!

Hi,

I ordered my Yeti 2.0 TDI CR [140] Elegance 4x4 5dr DSG in brilliant silver on the 16th of September 2010 and have been advised that it was born/built today (24th of January 2011)

Delivery to my dealer will be between 1-3 weeks. The dealer says that deliveries to them are becoming speedier.

I hope this helps

Thanks for the responses folks.

As i've only ordered this week it looks like i will get next years model.

Lets just hope i don't have to wait til next year. Ha ha!!!

I ordered september and my arrived last week. 17 weeks in total for a CR170 with nearly all extras except sunroof & satnav. It is possible to get it sooner, but it is pot luck.

I ordered 170 4x4 on 18 August and it is confirmed as built last week so order to build was 22 weeks - worse than I was told when I ordered but in the end better than I feared it would be.

I ordered a 1.2TSi S on the 23rd December and was given a build date of week 10. I heard rumours here that the petrol models were arriving much quicker (particularly if they had no factory fitted options - as mine does) due to the drop in production of diesel models. Someone said they had got theirs in 6-7 weeks from date of order. So I phoned the dealer today hoping that my build date may have moved up, to be told that it was still showing in the system as week 10 :( So I suppose it'll be early April before I get my SM. And I'll no doubt lose money on the depreciation of my part ex!

I ordered a 1.2TSi S on the 23rd December and was given a build date of week 10. I heard rumours here that the petrol models were arriving much quicker (particularly if they had no factory fitted options - as mine does) due to the drop in production of diesel models. Someone said they had got theirs in 6-7 weeks from date of order. So I phoned the dealer today hoping that my build date may have moved up, to be told that it was still showing in the system as week 10 :( So I suppose it'll be early April before I get my SM. And I'll no doubt lose money on the depreciation of my part ex!

My 1.2 TSi DSG Elegance plus Columbus, RRP, TPM, silver RR & spare wheel was ordered end of Oct. and eventually got a provisional build of week 15. Phoned dealer recently, hopeful and somewhat optimistic of a moved forward build but still showing week 15 :doh: The wait continues..........

Bear in mind that both SUk and my dealer told me that build weeks only have any real meaning within the last four weeks, ie if we're in week 4 now, then a build week 8 would be regarded as definite but a build week beyond that would still be susceptible to change.

My 1.2 TSi DSG Elegance plus Columbus, RRP, TPM, silver RR & spare wheel was ordered end of Oct. and eventually got a provisional build of week 15. Phoned dealer recently, hopeful and somewhat optimistic of a moved forward build but still showing week 15 emoticon-0120-doh.gif The wait continues..........

My Monster has now reappeared on the provisional build week allocation also WK15; James gave me second week April (25 weeks from order). A record for a 110 4x4 with no velux roof I wonder emoticon-0112-wondering.gif Anyway just in time for a Royal Wedding emoticon-0136-giggle.gif but not my Easter hols emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

TP

Hi,

I ordered my 170 elegance on 23 December. As a result of the very informed discussions on this forum - like this one - I have not even bothered asking my dealer yet(i ??) if they have any build date. I'm just assuming 6 - 8 months !!

Have to admit that having sold my brand new Octavia (part of the deal) I really am enjoying driving my wife's 1.9TDI Fabia 3. It can't half shift when pushed !! And yesterday's 68mpg (maxidot) Carlisle to Hexham was very welcome.

Hi,

I ordered my Yeti 2.0 TDI CR [140] Elegance 4x4 5dr DSG in brilliant silver on the 16th of September 2010 and have been advised that it was born/built today (24th of January 2011)

Delivery to my dealer will be between 1-3 weeks. The dealer says that deliveries to them are becoming speedier.

I hope this helps

I hope it's not as stroppy and unreliable as my sister born on the same day allbeit 48 years before your Yeti!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope this helps

We ordered ours on the 17th of sept 2010 and still dont have a confirmed build date

This scan from my dealer showing build week 9.Car ordered 31st December 2010.Can this date still be changed by Skoda.

post-60303-0-82077900-1297892581_thumb.png

the build week should be locked into the system 4 weeks before and should not move. going to ring my dealer tomorrow as mine was build week 11 ordered 22 DEC 2010 so mine should be locked as well now

If there is a possibility of being able to track a precise build date and given the fact that Skoda are one of the few manufacturers to allow tours of their factory, has anyone explored the possibility of actually being present at the birth of their new Yeti? :party:

I am contemplating a visit to the factory around May/June and find it most pleasing to see such positive encouragement of visitors by Skoda. I find car factories fascinating places :nerd: (I have visited Morgan, Lotus, The Austin at Longbridge, Dagenham when they still made whole Fords, as well as the massive Peugeot setup near Mulhouse in France). Many facilities are now very much out of bounds unless you know someone who can pull strings.

To have the opportunity to see your Yeti as it travels down the line would be interesting and maybe even quite emotional. Knowing my luck, if I were in the position of buying a new one, it would probably be made at 2.30am on a Sunday.

• 3 months later...

Hurrah,almost six months and my snow monster has arrived! Just need to organize and towbar and we're sorted.

Very happy for you! Look forward to seeing your thoughts on the beast!

I am expecting a call from the dealer next week which may be some news or no news!

Enjoy :)

ordered mine on the 7th Feb 2011, build date is 4th July 2011 and will be with me three weeks after that, or so I am told...... 170 Tdi in Candy White

Ordered mine on 21st Feb - arrived at dealers on 3rd June - emoticon-0140-rofl.gif Unfortunately I am unable to collect it until 29th June-emoticon-0120-doh.gif

Can't wait to get back off holiday.

15 weeks wait, I feel very privileged.

Hi,

I ordered my 170bhp Yeti on 27/11/10 it was built on 03/06/11 and expect delivery by 24/06/11 7 months.