Pimped my Golf mk4 Armrest!

Got a bit bored with the black golf armrest so thought id pimp it!

So, one black armrest

00b49cd5.jpg

Pulled the top off(without breaking any clips!!!)

a26045ed.jpg

One old seat cover from someone on here.(Had a rip in it)

2364a8fe.jpg

Cut it into a shape resembling the armrest

534fd765.jpg

Add some iron on sticky wonder web

410ac23b.jpg

Get them both on the ironing board

9002c1c4.jpg

Then get the iron nice and hot and iron it to the top of the armrest

67997ffa.jpg

Then use a hot glue gun to tidy up the inside

432d96d0.jpg

The final result

9e04157b.jpg

And now back in the car! Looks ******* ace! Massively happy with the outcome and its 1 of a kind!!

9a51a7cf.jpg

aa3568e0.jpg

• Like 3

For future reference - spray-on upholstery glue is great for jobs like this. Looks great!

As good as it may be, its too messy, hardly ever completely sticks and never lasts the life of the product.And thats from experience.

As good as it may be, its too messy, hardly ever completely sticks and never lasts the life of the product.And thats from experience.

Maybe you've had a duff brand but I use it to re-upholster vintage bicycle saddles with new leather and am still riding a bike which has been used daily for 3 years in all weathers with my big ass shifting about on it. Hasn't budged and I've not had to use staples or hot melt to keep the fold-overs at the edges from lifting. I guess we've had different experiences.

Guest BigJase88

well done buddy looks awsome

personally i think i'd have made it all black! so it doesn't get grubby :thumbup:

just move the vrs badge up if u get me?

Edited by BigJase88

Looks brilliant, good job done there :thumbup: Have you got any piccys of the lights in the back of your car?

46ab9e4b.jpg

And this before i did them black with the connector housing removed so they sit better in the headlining.

236287ae.jpg

Edited by mattievrs

That looks great, I'm well impressed! B) How do you install the Golf armrest, does it go where the rear cupholder/ashtray thing sits?

just infront of that in the rectangular bit. I didnt use the mount as it didnt fit but instead removed the console bit and used self tappers.Very sturdy fix aswell. I did this for someone else.Its a kind of cross section to show the screwing etc so theyre all hidden.(its a bit crap but you get the idea!)

Untitled-8.jpg

• Like 1