vrs been mapped and dpf filter removed what next ?

hi jut had the dpf filter taken out and the car remapped , impressed with the car but is ther anything else u can do for more power the car is standard apart from the dpf removed and the remap, am not big on suspension etc , but is there anything else worth doing ? without spending loads of money ? thanks in advance if i get any replies

is your DPF removal obvious (eg. different downpipe) or the OEM downpipe with the DPF bashed out. If the DPF removal is obvious when under the car you are going to have a problem in 2012 when checking the DPF for its presence becomes part of the MOT test, along with reduced smoke allowances on those cars which should have a DPF.

To get more power would involve more money what ever you do, as you'll need to get the car mapped to take into account any changes you make. This is why we usually suggest getting all the work done before getting a remap, to avoid unneccessary remaps.

If its been mapped and the dpf removed theres little else you can do which will give u NOTICABLE gains without spending the cash im afraid, e.g intercooler, turbo, injectors, fuel pump, full exhaust system, air filtr ect.

Anything else is 'diminishing returns' i.e. not much improvement for the money spent.

You would be far better doing some suspension mods - rear ARB and Whiteline ALK at the front. Relatively inexpensive (under £300 parts) and an increase in driving pleasure, even in day to day driving at modest speeds.

Edited by Hauptmann

Seconded. I wouldn't do any more in the engine department after that stage. Both mods listed above are WELL worth doing. I've got WALK on the list to do sometime this year.

is your DPF removal obvious (eg. different downpipe) or the OEM downpipe with the DPF bashed out. If the DPF removal is obvious when under the car you are going to have a problem in 2012 when checking the DPF for its presence becomes part of the MOT test, along with reduced smoke allowances on those cars which should have a DPF.

To get more power would involve more money what ever you do, as you'll need to get the car mapped to take into account any changes you make. This is why we usually suggest getting all the work done before getting a remap, to avoid unneccessary remaps.

mine has been cut open and the dpf filter taken out then welded back so what ur saying is i will need a straight thru pipe soon then ? what happening in 2012 thanks

car is alot more responsive but mpg is still like 38 mpg :(

In 2012 the DPF must be fitted to the car to pass the MOT. Most people have the DPF removed and a straight pipe fitted and its those cars that wont pass the MOT. Yours will be fine as you have just had the internals removed and the MOT tester will be none the wiser.

In 2012 the DPF must be fitted to the car to pass the MOT. Most people have the DPF removed and a straight pipe fitted and its those cars that wont pass the MOT. Yours will be fine as you have just had the internals removed and the MOT tester will be none the wiser.

So have Cat and emission tests on petrol cars, there will always be way around this

@kenc543 Did you only take the dpf out phisicaly or did you remove it from the software as well?

How does the car drive now compared to the standard setup?

What power and torque values do you have after the remap?

Sorry for all the questions... :) I will be taking the DPF off route soon myself and i'm trying to gather all the info i can about the process.

So have Cat and emission tests on petrol cars, there will always be way around this

More complicated with a DPF as the DPF has to be mapped out when its removed. You cannot simply swap in a DPF pipe, unless you get the car remapped for DPF agaiin.