Cheapest place to buy PD160 intake

Hi,

I work opposite a TPS place who want £92 odd for both bits. I'm about to shell out, as I really want to upgrade before I get my remap - but just to check, there's no-where that offers any discounts to me members or anything is there?

Thanks,

Andrew

there is no point in paying £92 quid for it honestly. people only used to fit them because it cost like £30!

you can get a re-map now and look out for one second hand on here the re-map will be able to adapt to a small change like a pd160 but you wont see any difference maybe less soot out the back.

if you must have it somebody on here bought just the pd160 pipe and then modified there trumpet to suit (IIRC the pipe is the cheapest part)

end of the day you gotta remember diesels run on excess air anyway so if it needs the extra air itll drag it in regardless of weather a pd160 pipe is fitted or not

No such thing lol. Na im kidding, if you come accross one second hand then jump at it mate. I bought mine 4 months ago and it was £63 from tps medway. Time travel machine maybe?

EDIT: just looked on ebay there's a few leon fr's breaking... may have one there.

Edited by ROS53Y

I really would not bother shelling out to be honest mate, no significant gains if any at all. Why not make something of your own alot cheaper? then you will be different, still make it look oem, and not pay nearly 100 notes for a useless peice of plastic? im in the process of making one

My advice same try and make one. I been looking for ages. Even tried ebay breakers and they all took pd160 out for their own cars or there friends. Adapting trumpet probably easiest thing to do yourself.

Try and make one. I purchased one and have felt like a victim of crime ever since! I wish I had just bought a cone filter or made my own intake instead.

This is on Ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fabia-VRS-K-N-pannel-filter-and-Larger-intake-/180632830936?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0e8e43d8

Edited by farmer11

Hmmm, interesting you're all saying that. Other parts of the forum say it's pretty much essential when considering a remap...

I really don't want to go down the pikey route - I know whatever I made myself would look completely naff...

like i said before get the pd160 pipe

and where it attaches to the trumpet on slam panel get a stanley knive and cut the extra amount of room you need to make it fit into the pd130 trumpet.

This might be a daft question but if you fit a pd160 pipe does the ecu learn and automatically acount for more air (effectively tuning itself)? I know it wouldnt increase much but read a report on here that a guy who made his own intake actually lost power. My old fiesta used to retune itself when i fitted k&n, thought the might of vag would be able to do same.

I think I'm just gonna get one at £92. It will make me feel better, and providing I keep the original to refit, I should get good money back if I strip it off when I sell the car, and providing they hold their value/rarity. They go for £60+ used so I'll only lose £30 on it...

Edited by naxtek

Keep you money for an Induction Kit and route a good cold air feed. Seems a waste of money for the PD160 IMO

I much prefer the OEM look. Giant filters under the bonnet ain't my thing...

I much prefer the OEM look. Giant filters under the bonnet ain't my thing...

I totally understand. Everyone has their different preferences. I think a bit of shiney shiney under the bonnet looks rather good. Not too sure about the looks of cone filters to be fair

IMG_1867.jpg

Pipercross Viper intake

I got mine off here from another member with a green cotton filter, and i must say i can notice a small difference. If your not in a rush, just hold out and one will come up for sale. I didnt want to pay nearly £100 for one, but if i hadnt found one, i would have.

Why people pay £90 for a piece of plastic is beyond me. Fair enough if you want it looking OEM, that's your (costly) decision. This is what I done with mine, looks bodge but does exactly the same job as the PD160 intake pipe and only cost me the best part of £10.

intake.jpg