Look what Ben has just fitted

rockhopper

So basically one could fit all VAG steeringwheels with paddles ?

Can All dealers activate the paddles with vcds ?

Don't forget that dealers don't use VCDS and the actual factory diagnostics kit may not do it. Plenty of people have retrofitted wheels, a guy in the Fabia forum has an R32 wheel fitted to his vRS, all went on fine and works when coded.

There are plenty of people on Brisky with VCDS, some even know what they are doing with it :) so if you where at the other end of the country from someone like Ben, you may find a friendly brisky member locally that could code it for you.

Do I have to buy a complete steering wheel with the airbag?

Is there a paddle steeringwheel out there compatible with my airbag + airbagcover?

The steering wheel does not come with airbag or horn.uses the existing one from your car.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi...I'm Italian and yesterday I installed, with my wife's father, steering wheel with 3 spokes and dsg paddle (Octavia RS's model) on my Yeti 1.2 Tsi Dsg. I bought this NEW and PERFECT steering wheel one week ago, on internet from SKODATEILE site: only 156€( and 32€ shipping)!!! 30 minutes on work and 15 minutes for coding with Vag cable and VCDS program.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Was it possible to use the same airbag from your 4 spoke to use on the 3 spoke steering wheel ?

Yes

Is it possible to put a multifunction steering wheel instead of the normal one ?

Will I need this adaptor cable :

http://www.skodateil...roduct∏=182

Thanks

Eric

The wheel should fit no problems, but I do not know what, if any controllers would be needed. Best give Ben a ring to find out.

Mike

Will every VAG wheel fit, for example I can buy a cheap Golf V GTI multifunction 3 spoke wheel ?

I suspect any Golf derivative will, but see answer above - speak to Ben @ Shark Performance.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect any Golf derivative will, but see answer above - speak to Ben @ Shark Performance.

I went for the three spoke wheel when ordering my Yeti new and this was the one option I really wanted which wasn't available. Had paddles on my previous A3 and initially missed them. A year on i'm quite happy with my Yeti, although now knowing this can be done i'm seriously considering it as a retrofit... but have a few questions.

1. Does this mod affect your insurance premium? and if so by how much?

2. Any problems after fitting?

3. Do you have part nos for the wheel and any other bits needed?

4. What coding changes are made?

5. Do you still use it as much as you thought you would after the initial novelty has worn off?

I went for the three spoke wheel when ordering my Yeti new and this was the one option I really wanted which wasn't available. Had paddles on my previous A3 and initially missed them. A year on i'm quite happy with my Yeti, although now knowing this can be done i'm seriously considering it as a retrofit... but have a few questions.

1. Does this mod affect your insurance premium? and if so by how much?

2. Any problems after fitting?

3. Do you have part nos for the wheel and any other bits needed?

4. What coding changes are made?

5. Do you still use it as much as you thought you would after the initial novelty has worn off?

some answers.....

1. Skoda Insurance wanted me to have this checked by a Skoda dealer. Once it had been checked and proof sent to them they were happy and no extra charge. But...at first they did cancel my insurance giving me 7 days notice until I managed to get through to an underwriter to sort it out.

2. no problems since fitting. I have had a few tiptronic issues discussed in another thread, but no new once since fitting.

3. The only part is the steering wheel. Ben @ Shark supplied so I don't know what the part number is. I think there are a few you can use. The octavia std flappy paddle one, the octavia vRS one like mine, the one fitted to the superb and quite possibly any of the golf flappy paddles and maybe even the audi a3 flappy paddle one.

4. Coding changes. Again Ben did for me. the coding change took about 30 seconds. a case of getting the right page up on VCDS and then just holding the relevant switch on the steering wheel.

5. I use it all the time to override in 'D' to force into a higher or lower gear. I also use tiptronic when I'm out of town, which unfortunately is not very often.

Hope that helps.

Mike