Does this belong to a fellow Briskodian?

Not being funny but my misses would like it, maybe a girl would buy it?

Pink is a bit risky for a bloke, I mean, I have a pink diesel T-Shirt but buggar me i'd never put pink on my car!

Edited by Ad Lav

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a full moon round here? The guy's selling a modded car with some original parts available. £6k for an SE wasn't that ridiculous last I looked although the mileage will undoubtedly go against that a bit. If you don't like it fine but the response from some people on here has been way ott. I've noticed it happening a lot recently in other threads too. Give it a break eh?

Is it a full moon round here? The guy's selling a modded car with some original parts available. £6k for an SE wasn't that ridiculous last I looked although the mileage will undoubtedly go against that a bit. If you don't like it fine but the response from some people on here has been way ott. I've noticed it happening a lot recently in other threads too. Give it a break eh?

Last time I checked we were entitled to our own opinions and the OP is entitled to mod his car as he wishes. No harm done, not everyone likes to step out of the box.

Personally, if I could see a car had been looked after and cared for, I wouldn't be too bothered (within reason!) what sort of visual mods there were. I'd rather buy that in good mechanical condition than a concorse (sp?) winner with a blow turbo, oil leaks, busted suspension etc. . . It's why I got mine, stone chipped and dented, but not a single fault yet, compared to others that looked better but all needed £££ spending on them to keep them going.

Either way, good luck shifting it! :)

All that aside, not sure why blue paint and some leather seats warrant such a huge premuim over normal vRS's, but I won't go there now!

Not being funny but my misses would like it, maybe a girl would buy it?

Pink is a bit risky for a bloke, I mean, I have a pink diesel T-Shirt but buggar me i'd never put pink on my car!

The other half said it looked nice.

And I'm still driving around in the purpled Fabia lol

Last time I checked we were entitled to our own opinions and the OP is entitled to mod his car as he wishes. No harm done, not everyone likes to step out of the box.

I know but it is possible to have an opinion without being rude.

Who's being rude?

The owner has advertised the car as it is, and he has attracted many negative comments. He is now rowing back and saying that the car will have all the "uniqueness" removed but he won't be putting it back to standard.

I think the following holds true;

1. Modified cars generally take longer to sell

2. Modified cars generally sell for less than standard cars

3. Although SE's do command a premium over normal vRS models the cars originally sold for roughly £13000 and the seller is trying to get £6000 for a 4 year old car with almost 3 times the expected mileage for a car of that age. That would be aspirationsl for a perfect example, never mind one advertised with pink steel wheels, the wrong size tyres and an undeclared "cheap" (the seller's words, not mine) remap.

None of what I have posted is "rude", and let's face it, this is the Internet.

3. Although SE's do command a premium over normal vRS models the cars originally sold for roughly £13000 and the seller is trying to get £6000 for a 4 year old car with almost 3 times the expected mileage for a car of that age. That would be aspirationsl for a perfect example, never mind one advertised with pink steel wheels, the wrong size tyres and an undeclared "cheap" (the seller's words, not mine) remap.

I still don't understand this. Why do you care so much about the price the car is advertised at? No one is forcing you to buy it.

As far as I'm concerned, he's pretty sensible to advertise it a bit high to start with. If I was in no rush to sell a car, I would always price it high, and wait to see if there are any takers. You never know, someone could be desperate for one. Especially in the current economic climate, diesel hatchbacks are more popular than ever. Plus, the price can always be lowered later if there are no takers.

But again. Why are you bothered? If it is priced too high all that will happen is it won't sell and the seller will be forced to drop the price. It's of absolutely no consequence to you or anyone else moaning on this forum.

I still don't understand this. Why do you care so much about the price the car is advertised at? No one is forcing you to buy it.

As far as I'm concerned, he's pretty sensible to advertise it a bit high to start with. If I was in no rush to sell a car, I would always price it high, and wait to see if there are any takers. You never know, someone could be desperate for one. Especially in the current economic climate, diesel hatchbacks are more popular than ever. Plus, the price can always be lowered later if there are no takers.

But again. Why are you bothered? If it is priced too high all that will happen is it won't sell and the seller will be forced to drop the price. It's of absolutely no consequence to you or anyone else moaning on this forum.

I could ask you the same question - why are you bothered? It's a thread, I'm commenting. Politely. There is a difference between building in a margin for negotiation and asking such a stupidly high price that no-one will respond.

So no-one responds, and you drop the price. Smart buyers spot that you've dropped the price and they wait. Then you drop the price a bit more and the vultures start to turn up, offering silly-low money. Do you HONESTLY think the seller here has done himself any favours in his original advert?

Selling is an art. You make the thing you have to sell as attractive as possible and you charge as much as the market will bear. The seller in this case hasn't done that. He should put the car back to STANDARD and price it up at £5250 and it will sell for £5000 which is still well above sensible money for what it is. That's not hyper-critical, it's just realistic.

Now, why are YOU so concerned with my comments?

I could ask you the same question - why are you bothered? It's a thread, I'm commenting. Politely. There is a difference between building in a margin for negotiation and asking such a stupidly high price that no-one will respond.

So no-one responds, and you drop the price. Smart buyers spot that you've dropped the price and they wait. Then you drop the price a bit more and the vultures start to turn up, offering silly-low money. Do you HONESTLY think the seller here has done himself any favours in his original advert?

Selling is an art. You make the thing you have to sell as attractive as possible and you charge as much as the market will bear. The seller in this case hasn't done that. He should put the car back to STANDARD and price it up at £5250 and it will sell for £5000 which is still well above sensible money for what it is. That's not hyper-critical, it's just realistic.

Now, why are YOU so concerned with my comments?

I've already made it clear that I think the original advert leaves a lot to be desired, and that the car is far too personalised for it to appeal to a broad market. I think it's fair to say that.

What I'm concerned with is how this whole thread (it's not just you) just seems to have been created to gang up on a fellow member of this forum, with everyone sticking their oar in publicly criticising his car and his sales technique. It doesn't benefit anyone, starts arguments like this and has the potential to offend the owner.

I just wish everyone could be a bit more constructive.

Rather than criticising the modifications, why not ask if the member has the original parts and politely suggest putting it back to standard may get a better response?

Rather than criticising his pricing, why not suggest what you think would be a more appropriate price? Or open a discussion on whether it might be best to start the pricing high, or price it realistically to start with?

What I'm concerned with is how this whole thread (it's not just you) just seems to have been created to gang up on a fellow member of this forum, with everyone sticking their oar in publicly criticising his car and his sales technique. It doesn't benefit anyone, starts arguments like this and has the potential to offend the owner.

And that's exactly why I've not commented. :thumbup:

I find petty arguments on forums rather pointless.

I've already made it clear that I think the original advert leaves a lot to be desired, and that the car is far too personalised for it to appeal to a broad market. I think it's fair to say that.

Rather than criticising the modifications, why not ask if the member has the original parts and politely suggest putting it back to standard may get a better response?

Rather than criticising his pricing, why not suggest what you think would be a more appropriate price? Or open a discussion on whether it might be best to start the pricing high, or price it realistically to start with?

I don't think it was started to gang up on anyone. This isn't a gang-up on anyone type of community. Feel free to be as constructive as you like. All you've done so far is annoy me personally. If you actually read the thread rather than sit up on the moral high-ground I think you'll see that I've always suggested that he put it back to standard, but the seller is having none of it. And I'm sorry, but that car is horrible. I draw the line at saying it's unsaleable, because nothing is unsaleable, however I do think it's unsaleable at the current asking price.

If the seller had come on here asking what to do about selling it, before he placed the ad, I think you would have seen a lot more positivity in terms of how to put the car back to standard and I think we could have helped him avoid the current advert which frankly, is sales suicide.

What I'm concerned with is how this whole thread (it's not just you) just seems to have been created to gang up on a fellow member of this forum, with everyone sticking their oar in publicly criticising his car and his sales technique.

How did you come to that conclusion? I started the thread to find out exactly that, if it does belong to a fellow member? So was not created to "gang up" on anyone.

It is a Skoda forum, we discuss skodas. That is clearly a Fabia that is styled to create discussion.

Edited by black vtr

Who's being rude?

The owner has advertised the car as it is, and he has attracted many negative comments. He is now rowing back and saying that the car will have all the "uniqueness" removed but he won't be putting it back to standard.

I think the following holds true;

1. Modified cars generally take longer to sell

2. Modified cars generally sell for less than standard cars

None of what I have posted is "rude", and let's face it, this is the Internet.

The internet you say!? My word, how did I get here?... :o

To clarify; I'm not trying to justify his price, that's for him to do, nor am I saying that his mods are particularly tasteful and I couldn't give a hoot about how well the advert has been done. Of course the responses weren't horrendous, maybe rude was the wrong word to choose, but a fair few were written very directly and negatively, though I'm not going to get into pointing fingers. That's all I was pointing out. On a lot of forums that's the standard way people deal with each other and as a result they end up with a pretty crappy atmosphere. For the most part brisky is s friendly and helpful forum but it seems that in quite a few threads recently there have been some pretty unhelpful and argumentative posts. This thread just happened to be where I mentioned it.

Anyway, to the OP, good luck with the sale and all the rest.

is it me, or has that car got a pair of testicles......

2586283-5.jpg

can't be arsed to read all 3 pages but the owner has more balls than most people on here.

Other than the front grill i think it looks decent, someone thinking outside the box and not just putting octavia spiders or tt comps on.

:p