Heated Seats

Ordered new vrs petrol with leather and am now in 2 minds with regards heating them.

I have owned 2 cars with leather one with heated seats and one without. I can honestly say

never really missed not having heated seats on the first car and only used it couple of dozen times in 2.5

years on the other. So is leather any more desireable with heated option or is it just a waste of 230 quid.

Ordered new vrs petrol with leather and am now in 2 minds with regards heating them.

I have owned 2 cars with leather one with heated seats and one without. I can honestly say

never really missed not having heated seats on the first car and only used it couple of dozen times in 2.5

years on the other. So is leather any more desireable with heated option or is it just a waste of 230 quid.

I recently ordered a new Octy vRS.

I decided on the full leather option, however I hadn't bothered with the heated seats.

After speaking to the dealer and a couple of other people who own cars with leather - I changed my order and added the heating.

From what I'm told on those cold and frosty mornings the leather really is chilly.

The heated seats really do make a difference.

As I'm planning on keeping this car for quite a while I really wanted to "get it right" so to speak, so I think it's £200 (I think that's the price with the VAT free offer) well spent.

+1 for heated seats, especially with leather.

I reckon come resale time, heated leather will be seen as a bigger bonus than just leather - though how much of the £230 you'll recover at the time is anyone's guess, but I'd start at £0 and work your way up!

Yes and no in my view. I have leather and heated seats on last years vRS.

Yes the leather is very cold on a wintry morning BUT, and it is a big but, the heating doesn't operate fast enough to make much odds. I get about five miles down the road before I feel any discernible warmth coming through and that just doesn't really do it for me.

The good bit is that you get more buttons and LEDs on your dashboard and they look pretty cool !

Having leather seats has the same problems as vinyl seats of the 70's, damn cold on a winters day and on a hot summers day they can get hot enough to burn!

Heated seats fixes one problem, just need to get seat cooling or break out the 70's leopard fur print seat covers for the summer B)

not just for the cold seat factor but on the cold days with engine temps taking ages the heated seats help to keep you warm.

I've got them fitted and will have them on any future car!

If I was speccing leather, I'd add the heating as well. Having had them on my last Fabia (with std fabric) they're a great bonus and I miss them.

On an earlier point made, there's something seriously wrong if it takes 5 MILES for any discernible heat to be felt. Unless you're setting in multiple layers?! The Fabia system was easily noticeable within 30 secs, probably less.

Cooling would be a great idea too, as that's the one thing that is a negative about leather. Especially getting into the car on a warm day.

Might take a while for the option to reach the Skoda range though....

If I was speccing leather, I'd add the heating as well. Having had them on my last Fabia (with std fabric) they're a great bonus and I miss them.

On an earlier point made, there's something seriously wrong if it takes 5 MILES for any discernible heat to be felt. Unless you're setting in multiple layers?! The Fabia system was easily noticeable within 30 secs, probably less.

Cooling would be a great idea too, as that's the one thing that is a negative about leather. Especially getting into the car on a warm day.

It is the same on mine - they are rubbish on the Octy....Mother in law with the same heating system in the MK6 Golf get loads hotter than mine....but of course dealer plugs in computer and no fault found so thats it, nothing wrong with them and hadn't got another Octy in with Heated Seats to try them. Mine are cloth seats btw.

It is the same on mine - they are rubbish on the Octy....Mother in law with the same heating system in the MK6 Golf get loads hotter than mine....but of course dealer plugs in computer and no fault found so thats it, nothing wrong with them and hadn't got another Octy in with Heated Seats to try them. Mine are cloth seats btw.

Mine heat up very quickly and after 5 mins need to be turned down or off. Defo worth trying another octavias heated seats

Edited by polocoupe

Mine heat up very quickly and after 5 mins need to be turned down or off. Defo worth trying another octavias heated seats

Yes i want to find one with cloth seats to try - Thing is the passenger seat is the same so i am wondering if it is the fabric as it is like a padded mesh effect...

Yes i want to find one with cloth seats to try - Thing is the passenger seat is the same so i am wondering if it is the fabric as it is like a padded mesh effect...

I had a mk5 golf gti before the octy - also cloth seats with heaters. The skoda heats up VERY slowly compared to the golf...

I had a mk5 golf gti before the octy - also cloth seats with heaters. The skoda heats up VERY slowly compared to the golf...

Yep as i say the mother in laws Mk6 Golf heat up quicker and get much hotter...The Bora has 5 levels on a thumbwheel and love having them on 5 :)

Edited by jrw

I Agree with polocoupe, I have the full leather and heated seats on my Octy and they heat up very quickly and after 5 minutes I always end up turning them down or off

nothing wrong

i have them in my octavia and had them in a fabia, fabis 30sec to warm up, octavia 5 mins, but octavia can be left on all day and dont get too hot,just right, fabia just boiled you if you left them on.