retro fit paddle steering wheel

as title states, can i retrofit a paddle steering wheel to my pre FL VRS diesel? if so whats involved?

cheers, sam

Yes, it can be done.

You would need a highend steering control module, mfsw loom and the wheel with paddles.

probably a good idea to get your car scanned with Vag-com to see what you have now

Pricey then! thanks for the replys, ideas on where i could source a paddle steering wheel?

Brimma - how do you rate it?

Ta

Edited by MAS

Pricey then! thanks for the replys, ideas on where i could source a paddle steering wheel?

Brimma - how do you rate it?

Individual choice really - I don't use the paddles much, but it's nice to have them there if you want them

My original wheel was non-multi-function, so I gained all ends up

The replacement is a Golf MkV GTi flat-bottomed wheel - nice and chunky, and I'm not bothered that it's got a VW badge in the middle of the airbag

Mk6 wheel and airbag here on German eBay

Edited by Brimma

• 1 month later...

And unless anyone has found a work round for it yet, that wheel won't go in a pre-facelift car :no:

I have an mk5 gti wheel with paddles and it can be done, as stated before.

But my friend bought that new model wheel for FL octavia, but it seems that

they dont supply it with AIRBAG wires, so you cant use buttons without right kind of wiring.

Now we thought that the older model wiring would still go, but no, it's not wide enough connector.

Original wires works with airbag, but to get buttons to work, I still havent found right kind of wiring.

I would need the code for that item urgently, help.

Would 3C8 971 584 A work?