detailing products?

boro86

hi, ive spent past week researching detailing and the products as im interested in starting to look after my car properly and not just a quick wash every month or so. so hopefully as the cold goes away i was planning on treating my car to a detail and stay on top of it. ive made a list of the products i need to buy for me to start but as theres 100's different websites to buy from was just seeing which websites the rest of you use to buy ur products?

I always search for the best prices - I tend to use Autobrite as they're local(ish), Clean Your Car and Chemical Guys own website. There are loads and if you go to www.detailingworld.co.uk there is a trader section where there are discount offers and discount codes.

Rich

Polished Bliss, Clean Your Car, i4detailing and Elite Car Care are who I use, all very good :thumbup:

Postage can be quite steep with CYC though so I don't use them as much anymore.

thanks for all the replys and links,

i used clean ur car for most of my stuff as it seemed best price throughout. ive ordered all the stuff i need for my first ever detail :giggle:

im just trying to work out whats best order to do the detail in. ill be takin wheels off and cleaning them and the arches but for the rest of the car does this seem ok??

rinse

snowfoam

door shuts.boot

rinse

2bm

rinse

clay

rinse

poorboys blackhole

nattys wax

Seems fine to me. It could be argued you don't need the pre-rinse before foam; some do, some don't - so do whatever you think will work best.

Add a dry down in between the clay rinse and Blackhole (great product BTW) and you're there I reckon. No need to dry after the 2BM rinse, as you'll be using a lube for the clay anyway. And maybe a second coat of Nattys.

Have fun :thumbup: