Have you got a boost surge after a re-map?

Is anyone with the surge issue available to bring their car to us tomorrow (Sunday 29th)? We had no takers for today and we need to finalise the STS version of the fix.

Just thought I'd give a bit of an update on the issue.

Been down at Shark for a good few hours with Ben and Mikko and tried various maps and tweaks, and, on my car at least, the part throttle surging issue has gone.

I still get it on Full throttle, but we all agree that is the N75 valve playing up (nothing to do with Sharks map), as the requested boost stays even, the n75 duty cycle stays even, but the actual boost oscillates, leading us to think the N75 is sticking, or responding slowly.

:thumbup: up to Mikko though, he really knows his stuff, as does Ben.

I'll update once I get a new N75.

I can also update on this topic now aswell.

Ben sent me another couple of maps to try on my car via the sts and the second of the maps seems to have cured the surgeing problem all together. I didn't have much time to drive the car tonight but managed a quick run but i couldn't feel any surgeing in any gear. Hopefully i can take the car for a longer run tomorrow night to see how the map performs, but i am fairly confident that the surgeing has gone completly :-)

Yeah, he said he was gonna sent it to you.

Mikko and Ben have been working all day on it, and it has been tested on my car (Tried around 5 maps today :D ). It's a 52 plate too, like yours so it probably has the same ECU.

Just another wee update from me.

I have had this new map on the car now for a day and a half and i can't notice any surgeing :-) which is great. Only problem is i now have a small flat spot in 3rd and 4th gear between 2k and 3.5k it seems like there is no power or torque there. Hopefully ben can make a few tweaks to the map to remove the flat spot.

Got my new N75 valve ordered, should be coming tomorrow so I can fit it and see if the WOT surging goes.

Only problem is, I tried to change my injector seals and the bolt that holds the fuel rail in was cross threaded, so has snapped, making the car undriveable. :dull:

When I tried the new map pre-n75, I did notice there was a very very very minor dip in power where the surging used to start (presume it's when the wastegate starts to open), but I'm happy with it. Don't think I can get it much better TBH. Didn't get any flat spots though Paul. :shrug:

It just hesitates between 2.5k and 3.5k roughly. Thats were i would expect the intial grunt of torque. It's hard to explain it just dosn't feel right. I have emailed ben hope he roughly understands what i mean.

Hi Ben

Have sent a PM

Cheers

Hi

If you can PM me your registration number then I can check the part number of your ECU, but to be honest this problem is all but sorted now (we are finalising the fix for STS users this weekend) and so there's no reason not to joint the group buy :thumbup:

Just another update from myself again.

Took the car out tonight with the latest map and bingo! I think i now have a fully working map :D. I couldn't feel any surgeing in any gear and also that flat spot seems to have gone now, i can feel the car starting to pull well just after 2.5k and pulls very smoothly up to the redline it seems to be a very smooth map it dosn't feel that fast but when you look down at the speedo you are breaking speed limits very quickly especially in 3rd gear was quite impressed.

So its taken a while but i am now happy with the map. Thanks to ben and shark for cureing the problem on my car.

Paul

This is sounding really promising, really glad you have made progress on this Ben. Can you please let me know when you have a map you are happy to send out for me? You obviously already have my original map/car details.

Earliest I can try it on the car is Monday.

Just another update from myself again.

Took the car out tonight with the latest map and bingo! I think i now have a fully working map :D. I couldn't feel any surgeing in any gear and also that flat spot seems to have gone now, i can feel the car starting to pull well just after 2.5k and pulls very smoothly up to the redline it seems to be a very smooth map it dosn't feel that fast but when you look down at the speedo you are breaking speed limits very quickly especially in 3rd gear was quite impressed.

So its taken a while but i am now happy with the map. Thanks to ben and shark for cureing the problem on my car.

Paul

so you have tried another map since you had the flat spot i take it?

Yes i did, i firstly had a map that had no surgeing but had the flat spot. Ben then sent me another map which dosn't have either. Been driving the car a bit again tonight the power comes in just before 3k and holds nicely to the redline.

I am at a stage now that i am happy with the map.

yes .. and prob as above ... did think maybe tb need changing ( did clean it but no diff ) .. but now dunno ... gonna put car back to standard and if its the tb at fault the prob will still be there . ordered new n75 to replace first

yes .. and prob as above ... did think maybe tb need changing ( did clean it but no diff ) .. but now dunno ... gonna put car back to standard and if its the tb at fault the prob will still be there . ordered new n75 to replace first

Put the car back to standard map first and see if its still doing it. I spent about £300 in changing parts and it turned out to be the map. I swapped the N75, cleaned the throttle body, changed breather pipes and got a new MAF for nothing.

will do .. breather pipes changed anyway as split , maf changed 2 months ago, tb cleaned already and the n75 is on its way so that will be changed as routine. will fit it and switch back to standard and see what happens

This is sounding really promising, really glad you have made progress on this Ben. Can you please let me know when you have a map you are happy to send out for me? You obviously already have my original map/car details.

Earliest I can try it on the car is Monday.

Hi Ben

Still waiting for you to get back to me. PM'd and emailed you....

Thanks