My list of to do's

Well with a bit of spare time on my hands on thought i'd prep a list of things to do on my new (old) car! I've just gone back to a 57plate Race Blue Vrs tdi with 70k on the clock and TBH its seen better days! Here is what i have planned and pictures to follow all being well.

Interior - Fitting of new HU - it's got a Kenwood ddx8024bt d/din dvd etc fitted but i'd rather a more factory look, MFD3 etc. Anyone fancy

a swap?! Shame as it's only 6 weeks old.

2 rear 5.8" headrest screens going in either tomorrow or monday with DVD player.

Possibility of a new speaker set up, will test some Diamond/Hertz equipment and see.

A damn good clean and a good coat of GTechniq I1 Interior Guard and L1 Leather Guard

Exterior - First job on saturday will be to remove all the ugly dents dotted around her. Should only be an hour or so's work.

Then its out with the A.C Gel and touch up paint to tend to some pretty large chips.

The bit i'm looking forward to.. A good claying, then a complete going over with a Trizact pad on my DA, a day then spent with a

bottle of GTechniq P1 on their new wool head set up followed eventually with some P2 before the ultimate, C1 (amazing stuff!)

I'll treat the front and rear glass to a coating of G1 and the side glass/mirrors G3.

The wheels will be off for powder coating too and then some C5 applied to keep them dirt free for the next 2 yrs at least!

I can't wait to get cracking now as i know she'll look so nice and it's the perfect base to start with as she has been maintained 110% but the bodywork has been forgotten and when remembered washed with a yard broom!

Anyway i'll get some pics up as i go if anyone is interested?

Regards

Kev

Get some pics up for us to gawp at :yes: :thumbup:

I certainly will. Looking to get started either today or tomorrow :)

What headrest screens models are you using? Cheers.

I'm fitting a couple of Necvox FD5869's. I was thinking of some 7" screens but with the curved nature of the headrests i'm not sure these would have looked too good. Still, i got a very good deal on the 5.8's so can't complain :)

Well after 2 days of mopping the bodywork is looking really nice again. Got some major chipping over the front end so i think i'll paint it up. The front bumper lacquer has lifted in places too so i'll sort it all together. Very pleased with how she's looking now though. Got to do the G1,2 & 3 tomorrow as i lost the light today. Screens are going in on monday now too. Slowly coming together!

Not a fan of gtechniq yeh protects ok no better than Nanolex in my opinion but the looks isnt there its dull and boring.

I'm now back to using Zaino and now enjoy cleaning my car and its looking great and staying clean for longer.

Not a fan of gtechniq yeh protects ok no better than Nanolex in my opinion but the looks isnt there its dull and boring.

I'm now back to using Zaino and now enjoy cleaning my car and its looking great and staying clean for longer.

The level of protection is unsurpassed though which is what i like about it. Here is a good test -

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=159574 Nanolex and GTechniq were quite well matched but C1 just pipped it. The Zaino on the other hand was blown into the weeds by both! It's that age old discussion though of sealant versus wax, i like the natural look of a sealant but agree its not to everyones taste. Bit like silicon on dashboards!! :D

Must add - the screens are in now and looking good, kicking myself for not ordering the Veba's though as the Necvox are so deep they are a right pain to fit flush. Still plenty of faffing around and a few mods here and there and they are all sorted. Will get the pics up tomorrow with any luck.

^^^^^^

That's the problem with this colour, it looks no different in photos. I've got some good shots of swirls etc but haven't put them up as I'm not sure the best way to upload. Last lot took an age and ended up stamp size!! Will be attempting to put the screen shots up later :)