Borders Drive

Skodaboy1983

Chap in a Grey Ford Focus CC on a 57 plate. his name is Alan

:giggle:

will have to hold my tongue, I think the focus CC is possibly one of the worst looking cars out there! I hope he has the roof DOWN ;)

wonder if it will break down somewhere on the run ? :p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roof down.... and whether he'll be able to keep up :D

Not renowned for their performance and road-holding really, given that it weighs about as much as the QE2 due to the roof mechanism.

Hope he's not reading this ;)

Have fun guys emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Could you all bring your 2 gig SD cards with you as I may make it to Hawick or Selkirk, need to fill up RNS 510 with tunes :thumbup:

The best place to get everyone in at Selkirk is in the swimming pool car park along Duns-dale road

Edited by skippy41

Roof down.... and whether he'll be able to keep up :D

Not renowned for their performance and road-holding really, given that it weighs about as much as the QE2 due to the roof mechanism.

Hope he's not reading this ;)

Have fun guys emoticon-0148-yes.gif

It's a 2.0 TDCI cc, and yes I would guess he would have the roof down.

Skippy41 - Not sure where that is in Selkirk mate I know the NGT down near the car garages just as you come into Selkirk would be coming into Selkirk would guess about 10am to 10.15am if that is ik if you want to meet there??

Davy

not sure if the A7 is the best road, guy at work travelled to gala this week and took ages, road works apparantly and had to go round some narrow farms tracks to there. There's not may camera's on the A68 then you can join the A7 just outside Gala again.

not sure if the A7 is the best road, guy at work travelled to gala this week and took ages, road works apparantly and had to go round some narrow farms tracks to there. There's not may camera's on the A68 then you can join the A7 just outside Gala again.

Nokiauk - No worries maybe blast down the A68 then I never knew there was any roadworks on the A7, think most of the camera's are not working on the A68, but I'm not taking you down the surprise road (suggestion of Mike B) that can lead to Gala, will just skip that part until the end of the drive.

;):rofl:

Right folks I'm just heading offline the now....

NokiaUk & Can I will be meeting at the melville inn Lasswade on the outskirts of Edinburgh at say 9.15am

Skippy41 - If you are coming can we meet you at the NGT near to the car garages just as you come into Selkirk say 10.00 to 10.15am, then we will head to Hawick and meet up with Sharkrider say 10.30 to 10.45am and then head out for the drive at 11am.

Looks like it's going to be a good day, rain to start but will clear to leave a nice day.

See you all tomorrow.

Davy

Hope you have a good run!

Sorry I can't make it (yet again) but I'm working away every week just now and I have loads to do this weekend. It'll be like this for quite some time I think!

you're usless girl! i'll forget what you look like! ;)

Hope you have a good run!

Sorry I can't make it (yet again) but I'm working away every week just now and I have loads to do this weekend. It'll be like this for quite some time I think!

you're usless girl! i'll forget what you look like! ;)

I'd be up for that! Not had one for a while :)

check out the NW section, ians lakes drive in august can be a camping trip for those from further away, as the drive is a very long all day job!

abaout to nip in the shower, and I'll see you all at morrisons about 10:30 ish....

check out the NW section, ians lakes drive in august can be a camping trip for those from further away, as the drive is a very long all day job!

Ah, I'm already planning to go camping in the Lakes in August! If it coincides we'll track you down for the drive! :D

Hope it was a good run today, the weather turned out nicely anyway :)

Sorry about my late arrival.

But was still worth it.

Well done and nice to see you's again.

Thought I'd seen you just as I'd left morrisons, how did you know we were there? or was it just by chance?

Just back myself, stopped off at my friends down in Galashiels on the way back to see his car being rebuilt and seeing the progress, think we got back about 6pm.

Can - Think I spotted you stuck in the one way system of gala on my way back.

The route today - mostly never driven on these roads before, so it was good to experiance some new roads and quite surprised how punchy the 1.4 TDI is, giving the car a rest now until Monday.

Thanks to all who came I actually thought the weather was going to be rubbish today!

Davy