VRS extras

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a vRS and have been keeping an eye on cars for sale local to me.

Maybe I'm being fussy but the majority are standard spec, very few have additional extras.

Are any of the extras worth searching out or does the fact most cars are base spec prove the extras aren't anything special.

Extras that I'm aware of - I'm sure somebody will fill in any I miss

Leather

Cruise

Sunroof

6 cd changer

Xenon's

Any of these worth seeking out? Are the Xenons a noticable differnce over the standard setup?

Cheers for any advice.

Colin.

I now wont buy a car without xenons. Also I think they look great

3dc99397.png

Leather is a pedonal choice alot of people get this done after by seat surgeons but I personally don't like it it's too slippy

Cruise can be retro fitted by places such as shark after for around £200 I'm getting this soon before I go Newquay as it's so nice to use on long journeys

Leather first, second xenon's unless the car comes with standard projector's it wouldn't bother me sticking HID's in projector's. The rest im not fussed about as cruise can be installed for £200 but is a must.

Dealer leather was £1300

Xenon's were £500

Cruise was £125

ESP was £400

Sunroof was £400

Changer was £275

Sat Nav was £1800 (Required changer to be specified too)

Third rear headrest £45

Airbag de-activation switch £45

Heated seats were £125

Metallic Paint £325

IIRC :thumbup:

Dealer leather was £1300

Xenon's were £500

Cruise was £125

ESP was £400

Sunroof was £400

Changer was £275

Sat Nav was £1800 (Required changer to be specified too)

Third rear headrest £45

Airbag de-activation switch £45

Heated seats were £125

Metallic Paint £325

IIRC :thumbup:

cheers for that :)

Leather first, second xenon's unless the car comes with standard projector's it wouldn't bother me sticking HID's in projector's. The rest im not fussed about as cruise can be installed for £200 but is a must.

Don't think u can get projectors with xenons as a factory option

I'm not too bothered about heated seats but would like a sunroof. I've had a sunroof for the last 12 years now, however it doesn't appear to be a common option.

I guess most buyers were drawn to the vRS by it's relatively cheap price - so it wouldn't have made sense to then load on the options and add 2 or 3 grand onto the price.

When I was looking for my car about 3 years ago, I found a black one with every extra fitted, however it had already done nearly 100k miles at the time, so bought mine with no options but only 25k on the clock. Just retrofitted cruise myself for £65.

A mate had the only one iv ever seen with satnav. There use to be a list of high specced cars on a thread years ago. He had sunroof, satnav/maxidot, xenons, heated seats among others. It was mapped, with oz wheels. He sold it for a civic type r and still wishes he hadn't I think! Saw the advert for it by a trader on auto trader but never heard of it since.

Matt